Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12695776

Subject: "R.I.P. Taylor Negron" Previous topic | Next topic
homer_pimpson225
Member since Apr 28th 2005
8322 posts
Mon Jan-12-15 05:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"R.I.P. Taylor Negron"

'Fast Times' Star Taylor Negron Dies At 57

Sources are confirming that comedian Taylor Negron has died after a long battle with cancer. He was 57. Chuck Negron, Taylor’s cousin, of the ’70s band Three Dog Night, released an online video with the sad news today saying, “I want to inform you that my cousin Taylor Negron just passed away. His mother, his brother Alex and my brother Rene and his wife Julie were all there with him. May he rest in peace.”

Negron was born in Glendale, CA on August 1, 1957, the son of Lucy (née Rosario) and Conrad Negron, Sr., a former mayor of Indian Wells, CA. He studied with Lee Strasberg and even had a private comedy seminar with Lucille Ball. Negron interned for Ball when she was 68 years old and he was 19. Negron told KCET, “I learned from Lucy that you never get what you really want and you have to be flexible.”

Further adding what he learned about comedy from her, “What I learned from her was what she learned from Buster Keaton – know your props, know what you’re doing, know where the exit is, know the entrances, know where the camera is. Get there early. Know everyone on the set. Do not pull any funny business. Be a professional.” Negron started stand-up when he was in high school, getting a spot at the Comedy Store and began cutting his as an extra in movies. He made his full film acting debut in 1982’s soap satire Young Doctors in Love as a love-struck, pill-popping, dancing intern.

He was also renowned for playing Mr. Pizza Guy in Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Rodney Dangerfield’s son-in-law in Easy Money. In a KCET interview, Negron said, “I became the alternative everyman in movies.”

He played the villain Milo in 1991’s The Last Boy Scout. Said Negron on the role, “It wasn’t a stretch, but it came as a surprise to me, because Bruce Willis, Tony Scott and Joel Silver had this idea in their head. So when they offered me the part, I thought it was a joke and they had made a mistake in the printing — that I was going to play the first goombah to the left. I realized very early on that Joel and dear, dear Tony Scott really cared about appearances, so with great detail they blonded my hair and gave me that asymmetrical ’60’s cut. It was like Hitler, only softer. I wore Dolce & Gabbana clothing and I looked so strange and otherworldly, and just by the sheer virtue of the fact that I had a gun in my hand, that did all the acting for me.”

It was hard not to spot Negron in any film as his credits were numerous in melange of cult pic such as Punchline, One Crazy Summer, Angels in the Outfield, Nothing But Trouble, Stuart Little and The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas.He even reprised his role as the peeved Pizza Guy in Amy Heckerling’s 2012 film Vamps.

In TV, Negron started off with appearances on 1970’s The Dating Game, and made a reputation as a hysterical guest star on 2001’s Hollywood Squares. Just as Negron was in demand in film, so was he in TV where he guest-starred, equally playing comedy and gravitas, on a slew of iconic TV series including Hill Street Blues, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, The Ben Stiller Show, Seinfeld, ER, Hope and Gloria, Party of Five, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Zoey 101 and The Wizards of Waverly Place. Negron played in eight episodes of The Hughleys as Chuck Ballard.

Of late, he was fixture in the Los Angeles comedy scene, appearing at Un-Cabaret (where he is considered one of the monologue’s shows original members), The Moth and Comedy Central Stage’s Sit-n-Spin among many other shows. He also performed in fellow comedians’ projects such as Melinda Hill’s web series Romantic Encounters. Negron won best award for the series from LA webfest.

---------------

"And I don't like niggas screamin 'live life' when you livin life like a pussy/Green dot goals get sent to my niggas, Lord pray I keep a'pushin!'" © Black Phil Collins

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
He always knew how to make an impact in a small role
Jan 12th 2015
Wow! Rest in Peace
Jan 12th 2015

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Mon Jan-12-15 09:03 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "He always knew how to make an impact in a small role"
In response to Reply # 0

The pizza guy in Fast Times, the mailman in Better Off Dead, etc.

Pretty versatile actor and all-around entertainer actually. I saw him do standup once and he was kinda good. I guess he painted, too.

I didn't know much about his career until I read a long obit in some Hollywood trade mag yesterday. Started out interning for Lucille Ball? That's a nice foundation.

Not only is 57 young but it sounds like he was really sick for a while. That fucking sucks, man. RIP to a real pro.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

ThaAnthology
Charter member
21061 posts
Mon Jan-12-15 09:50 AM

2. "Wow! Rest in Peace"
In response to Reply # 0

He was in everything lol!

www.anthologyfmn.com

Enter the Written World of Fahim Malik Nassar

The House of Caine (available)

Melancholoy Funk (available)

Tha Anthology (Words 2001-2003) Poetry inspired by OKP and Wash, DC
(available)

The Spook who sat by the Radio Poetry (av

Lobby General Discussion topic #12695776 Previous topic | Next topic