Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12694782

Subject: "On: claiming you're white in order to land a career....." Previous topic | Next topic
Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28842 posts
Fri Jan-09-15 07:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"On: claiming you're white in order to land a career....."

I keep turning down career offers because they're not what I want or in the wrong place so it's time for something new.

Who's done this and how has it worked out for you?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: On: claiming you're white in order to land a career.....
Jan 10th 2015

Nvncible1
Member since Jun 17th 2011
1900 posts
Sat Jan-10-15 08:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: On: claiming you're white in order to land a career....."
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know if I did THAT but while I was in film school in nashville I intentionally made the "whitest" project I could in order to get jobs. My name and to somewhat lesser degree my voice kind of makes me "ambiguous"

But there was a few times when I showed up for meetings/ interviews they would be visably shocked.( one lady even passive agressivly blocked me from entering the building on some ohhhhh something came up we gotta cancel)

But actively saying I'M WHITE or checking the Caucasian box on an application I haven't done that

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #12694782 Previous topic | Next topic