Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12694092

Subject: "The size of your world" Previous topic | Next topic
John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Fri Jan-09-15 10:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The size of your world"

When I was a kid, all the kids in the neighborhood played outside; stoop ball, tag, regular kid shit. When I say neighborhood, I meant 3 blocks to the east, 2 blocks to the north and 1 block to the south. Any kids who lived beyond that weren't from "around our way". The other side of the neighborhood might as well been a different boro.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
my ghetto burb was divided into south and north
Jan 09th 2015
in elementary school it was my entire suburban sub-division.
Jan 09th 2015
my world was all over the place
Jan 09th 2015

Ezzsential
Charter member
11085 posts
Fri Jan-09-15 10:18 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "my ghetto burb was divided into south and north"
In response to Reply # 0

the south was the hood side while the north was the rich side
they really didnt fuck with eachother with some exceptions.

i dont have colors
my mmsic:
www.soundclick.com/sylana
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brb8g8f18xE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NgNuVHrEKI

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Jan-09-15 10:22 AM

2. "in elementary school it was my entire suburban sub-division."
In response to Reply # 0

then it branched out to any neighboring division directly across the main street(s). Around Jr high it was pretty anywhere beyond our planned community a bus or bike could get me as long as I had consent.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

BabySoulRebel
Charter member
19232 posts
Fri Jan-09-15 10:57 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "my world was all over the place"
In response to Reply # 0

my parents divorced when I was five so my world contracted and expanded as living situations changed. For my dad this would change on a whim as he'd live with whatever girlfriend he was involved with at that time. By the time my little brother was born in 1993, my world had expanded beyond Forest Hills (where I lived with my mom) and Flushing (where my parents grew up and my dad's mom still lived) to include Park Slope, Bushwick, Lower Manhattan.

And don't get me started on Colombia
that blew my mind for a minute as a little kid
"Grandma, you really came all that way???" is what i asked her the very first time she pointed out Colombia on a map, before my first trip at the age of 8.
To know that I am part of a world beyond my everyday one, a whole continent away.

here for dis.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12694092 Previous topic | Next topic