Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12693701

Subject: "Creating fulfilling relationships" Previous topic | Next topic
initiationofplato
Member since Nov 06th 2013
2420 posts
Thu Jan-08-15 03:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Creating fulfilling relationships"

One thing I learned over the years is that you will never find anyone perfect or "just right". I think the idea of right and perfect is illusory in our human state.

Everyone whom is alive is raw potential. Fulfilling relationships are those where you do not attempt to change someone through threat, guilt, or force, but instead, inspire them to cultivate their potential through the cultivation of your own.

I realize the following are trivial examples, but if you do not like the way someone dresses, eats, or carries themselves, carry yourself in the way you wish for them, and see if you live up to your own standard first, and do it silently.

Everyone is an expression of universal energy and thus everyone is of and is everything that is already complete. They simply do not know it yet, or they have never even considered it. If you love someone, be a mirror, not a jailer.

It is far more fun to be honest with one another about everything that is secretly holding you back or stressing you out, no matter how difficult it sounds. Clearing your conscience in this way, allows the mind to make way for the heart, and you free yourself from your own inhibitions, and the perception of theirs.

Just a thought.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Problem is, this the speech people in bad relationships give themselves
Jan 08th 2015
how do you mean?
Jan 08th 2015
it seems to me like you're trying to passive aggressively change people....
Jan 08th 2015
Where is the passive aggression?
Jan 08th 2015

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49335 posts
Thu Jan-08-15 03:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Problem is, this the speech people in bad relationships give themselves"
In response to Reply # 0

in the mirror.

I am just saying.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

http://blackpeopleonlocalnews.tumblr.com/

initiationofplato
2420 posts
Thu Jan-08-15 03:52 PM

2. "how do you mean?"
In response to Reply # 1

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Thu Jan-08-15 04:02 PM

3. "it seems to me like you're trying to passive aggressively change people...."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...

initiationofplato
2420 posts
Thu Jan-08-15 04:10 PM

4. "Where is the passive aggression?"
In response to Reply # 3

Lobby General Discussion topic #12693701 Previous topic | Next topic