Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12691514

Subject: "Nootropics...can we revisit this conversation? alpha brain etc..." Previous topic | Next topic
R A i n
Member since Dec 11th 2003
51902 posts
Tue Jan-06-15 09:22 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Nootropics...can we revisit this conversation? alpha brain etc..."
Tue Jan-06-15 09:26 PM by R A i n

okay, y'all were harping on the fact that alpha brain was the truth and the light. i bit the bullet and had the complete opposite effect. it made me lethargic and sleepy. Also, i have lucid dreams regularly and this pretty much made them null and void.

i came back and gave my honest feedback.

So, all these months later what's the deal? are you guys still on it? is it still doing it for you?

I saw another brand called opti-mind and was going to do the trial but, i have a blog so i asked for a full bottle..they said, aight! i tried it expecting to get the same results but, nope...these really worked for me. like seriously, i really really like these. everything you guys said about alpha-brain is everything i felt with opti-mind BUT, one of the ingredients is taurine...which is in red bull so, i'm wondering if it was just that i'm familiar with the effect.

now, another brand, Neuroflexyn, is sending me a bottle to sample which is good cuz it's $50 a bottle BUT, it has 90 pills which is a lot more than the other brands. this brand DOES NOT contain taurine. i specifically asked. so we'll see.

Let's talk.

we understand you can easily come back and we're not impressed. how about getting a life first.© okpdan

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm still on it...
Jan 06th 2015
okay, so it helps you sleep? because i suffer from insomnia and that's
Jan 06th 2015
I avoided Alpha Brain, etc. and got some single-item powders
Jan 06th 2015
yeah, i wonder if it's all just placebo effect.
Jan 07th 2015
I had an opposite reaction to the same supplements.
Jan 07th 2015
This sounds interesting
Jan 07th 2015
I'm about to delve into Kratom land.....
Jan 07th 2015
the lucid dreams was the most noticeable part for me
Jan 07th 2015
I'm with you... that alpha brain had me staring at the floor
Jan 07th 2015
lol@ staring at the floor...don't know why that's so funny...
Jan 07th 2015

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28842 posts
Tue Jan-06-15 09:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I'm still on it..."
In response to Reply # 0

>okay, y'all were harping on the fact that alpha brain was the
>truth and the light. i bit the bullet and had the complete
>opposite effect. it made me lethargic and sleepy. Also, i have
>lucid dreams regularly and this pretty much made them null and
>void.
>
>i came back and gave my honest feedback.
>
>So, all these months later what's the deal? are you guys still
>on it? is it still doing it for you?
>
>I saw another brand called opti-mind and was going to do the
>trial but, i have a blog so i asked for a full bottle..they
>said, aight! i tried it expecting to get the same results but,
>nope...these really worked for me. like seriously, i really
>really like these. everything you guys said about alpha-brain
>is everything i felt with opti-mind BUT, one of the
>ingredients is taurine...which is in red bull so, i'm
>wondering if it was just hat i'm familiar with the effect.
>
>now, another brand, Neuroflexyn, is sending me a bottle to
>sample which is good cuz it's $50 a bottle BUT, it has 90
>pills which is a lot more than the other brands. this brand
>DOES NOT contain taurine. i specifically asked. so we'll see.
>
>Let's talk.

Alpha Brain is my go to sleeping device due to insomnia. It helps me focus and calms my mind, which races faster and faster as I get older. I don't feel Taurine as much do to the fact that between March 2005 and May 2008 I consumed an average of four sugar free energy drinks a day.

Those other drugs scare me because of their addictive qualities. For the record, I'm scared of becoming addicted.

R A i n
51902 posts
Tue Jan-06-15 09:37 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "okay, so it helps you sleep? because i suffer from insomnia and that's"
In response to Reply # 1

the effect i got from it...it made me sleepy.

that's not what it's supposed to do though. it's supposed to make you think clearly...so maybe as a cluttered gemini mind...it being clear dulls me to sleep...lol.

i'm not trying to joke though...lol.

ut, also i didn't think alpha brain had taurine. i know opti-mind does..it says so in the ingredients.

we understand you can easily come back and we're not impressed. how about getting a life first.© okpdan

J305
Member since Dec 07th 2008
7310 posts
Tue Jan-06-15 10:03 PM

3. "I avoided Alpha Brain, etc. and got some single-item powders"
In response to Reply # 0

I tried piracetam, noopept and alpha GPC (which is one of the primaries in Alpha Brain). Rationale was
- cheaper
- easier to determine impact, if any (i.e., can take each in isolation)

Out of the above, noopept seems to have the biggest noticeable impact on my thought process. Piracetam is a 2nd but it makes me nauseous. Plus you have to take a much higher quantity per dose. Alpha GPC doesn't give me any noticeable boost, but noopept + alpha GPC makes the slight noopept edge more rounded (see below).

Dunno if it's placebo effect but I feel like I can think more sharply with noopept. Not a major difference but maybe 5-7% boost. Recall is quicker, communicating complex thoughts is easier. Small dose in the a.m. with breakfast and I can usually notice a difference throughout the day.

I don't take it 365 though. Periodic usage when I am dealing with a work project that requires significant thought / weekdays only. I also take the lowest end of the suggested dosage range.

I am really cautious w/ it b/c
- Unknown long-term effects
- Don't want to be dependent.
- Can make me a bit cranky if taken too many consecutive days

I did a good amount of research beforehand. There have been some studies but I think primarily piracetam, which I don't like per above. So I err on the side of caution w/ noopept. Does help from time to time though.

peace

J305

People of color are NOT a minority. Think Global.

Don't Let Hollywood fool you.

http://www.twitter.com/Jtronic
http://www.last.fm/user/Jtronic

R A i n
51902 posts
Wed Jan-07-15 07:05 AM

4. "yeah, i wonder if it's all just placebo effect."
In response to Reply # 3

placee_22
Member since Sep 30th 2002
12956 posts
Wed Jan-07-15 10:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "I had an opposite reaction to the same supplements."
In response to Reply # 3

piracetam + choline worked better (IMO), than noopept + alpha GPC.

I have been more inconsistent w/ the latter than I was w/ the former though. I really need to give it a fair shake.

But the piracetam stack had a noticeable impact instantly. The noopept/alpha GPC may take some time.

Numba_33
Charter member
19325 posts
Wed Jan-07-15 11:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "This sounds interesting"
In response to Reply # 3

Where'd you get the ingredients from? I liked Alpha Brain when I took it about two or so years ago, but it was way too expensive for me to continue buying it. The best thing I liked about it was that it help me during my workouts. The alert and clarity I got from it helped with my endurance tremendously. And it wasn't habit forming nor did I feel any kind of withdrawal symptoms when I stopped taking it.

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed Jan-07-15 08:34 AM

5. "I'm about to delve into Kratom land....."
In response to Reply # 0

i have two 10mg bags that I've been sitting on for a second.

now that I am about to have two jobs Im going to beed all the brain power I can pull

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Wed Jan-07-15 08:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "the lucid dreams was the most noticeable part for me"
In response to Reply # 0

i didn't get sleepy using it

but it definitely calmed some of the extra mental chatter when i took it at night

i noticed somewhat slight improvement in focus

i think it's good...maybe not a big enough difference to be completely worth the price but still enough to acknowledge it's effectiveness

my sleep schedule is weird so that's the largest benefit for me is that it helps me avoid some of those distractions that keep me up or chatter-brained

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

placee_22
Member since Sep 30th 2002
12956 posts
Wed Jan-07-15 10:08 AM

8. "I'm with you... that alpha brain had me staring at the floor"
In response to Reply # 0

like I had a hard time lifting my eyes to read stuff on the computer.
I also didn't get any of the dream effects that folks were mentioning either.

R A i n
51902 posts
Wed Jan-07-15 11:25 AM

9. "lol@ staring at the floor...don't know why that's so funny..."
In response to Reply # 8

but, yes, i was so unproductive.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12691514 Previous topic | Next topic