Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12690460

Subject: "I want to turn True American to be a real drinking game." Previous topic | Next topic
Very-Effortless
Member since May 07th 2011
7452 posts
Mon Jan-05-15 04:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I want to turn True American to be a real drinking game."

New Girl is my cardio series currently (basically I find a 30 minute TV show to watch on Netflix and it's how I get through my cardio).

This morning, I watched the episode where Nick and Jess kiss for the first time and it stemmed off them playing the Bill Clinton version of True American and I just thought - damn I wish this was a real drinking game with rules.

So I googled it... it's definitely not, but people have tried to make sense of the rules in the show:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/true-american-is-the-next-big-drinking-game#.skGwQYNrl1

I feel like I can turn this into a legit game with a few tweaks.

When I was young, we used to play something similar called King of the Floor - which is exactly what it sounds like. We actually had some great games that we made up - Night Bird being the best summer break inventions ever (basically Marco Polo but in a completely dark room and the person who is "it" is also blind folded and no one says Marco Polo... you just try to be stealthy.) Maybe I should just make some of my childhood games into drinking games. Although someone will probably end up in a hospital.

But yeah, who wants to help me come up with legit rules for True American? I feel like a google doc is in order.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Green Mile is a movie where the magical black man wrongly dies and the white man who let it happen lives forever.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #12690460 Previous topic | Next topic