Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12689875

Subject: "gift card recievers: How long does it take for you to use it?" Previous topic | Next topic
Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Mon Jan-05-15 08:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"gift card recievers: How long does it take for you to use it?"

on some cards i take mey time, and others i spend almost immeadiately...one card, i've had for about 2+ years

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Many moons.
Jan 05th 2015
My wife bought me a gift card for my shirtmaker (luxire) in May
Jan 05th 2015
on average 1-2 years...
Jan 05th 2015
usually immediately unless its for some place like Macys or Tj Maxx
Jan 05th 2015
ha!...i got a Macy's one this year too and don't like the place
Jan 05th 2015

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Mon Jan-05-15 09:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Many moons."
In response to Reply # 0

I get several and I leave them in the middle compartment in my car. And every so often when I'm feeling super cheap I'll check to see if I have a GC for whatever place I'm about to go into. I'm usually happy to find that I have $25 or even $50 (sometimes even 2 GCs to the same place totaling upwards of $100) to spend which either gets me all my shit for free or at least gives me a nice buffer at a place like Best Buy if I'm looking to buy a relatively expensive electronic device or something.

Then food GCs are always good to find.

Long story short I probably keep 80% of my gift cards for over 2 years mostly because I often forget to check for them. And it creates a nice surprise when I realize that OH SHIT I do have $100 to this place. Haha.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Mon Jan-05-15 09:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "My wife bought me a gift card for my shirtmaker (luxire) in May"
In response to Reply # 0

I still haven't used it.

ndibs
Member since Aug 06th 2012
12715 posts
Mon Jan-05-15 10:03 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "on average 1-2 years..."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jan-05-15 10:04 AM by ndibs

i just spent one that was 1-2 years old to half price books on a book for the gift card giver this christmas. problem is i never go to west omaha (suburbville) so i knew it would be a long time before i made it out there again. so i used it up on someone else. another from the movies waas 2 years. i either went to different theatres or went on dates that paid. i have $50-60 to sur la table and i think i'll use it soon bc i actually asked for that and have some thigns in mind. but i have a mini gift card wallet i have so many.

Binladen
Charter member
14123 posts
Mon Jan-05-15 10:35 AM

4. "usually immediately unless its for some place like Macys or Tj Maxx "
In response to Reply # 0

like I got this past Christmas. I ended up selling the Macys gift card. I went to like 3 or 4 different Macys and couldnt find shit. That place is almost as bad as Kohl's.

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Mon Jan-05-15 10:43 AM

5. "ha!...i got a Macy's one this year too and don't like the place"
In response to Reply # 4

...last thing i bought there was dress socks....

i thought about selling it, but i don't like doing that with gifts...guess i'll cop more socks..maybe they'll have some shoes...

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

Lobby General Discussion topic #12689875 Previous topic | Next topic