Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12688976

Subject: "Speed dating?" Previous topic | Next topic
SimplyHannah
Member since Aug 09th 2009
7226 posts
Fri Jan-02-15 06:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Speed dating?"

Has anyone ever tried this out? My bestfriend and I were thinking that it would be fun to try out. Just wondering what the pros and cons were, plus figuring out where to find these types of events at. Ive looked online but the events seem to be predominately white... and yeah no thanks lol.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm not a fan but I'd say use it to network
Jan 02nd 2015
I did it a few times in my 20s
Jan 02nd 2015

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Fri Jan-02-15 07:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I'm not a fan but I'd say use it to network "
In response to Reply # 0

And not to really find "true love" n all that shit. Say "yes" to the ones that seem cool enough or interesting and just aim to be friends with em.

There's Black Speed dating events everywhere, but most regular ones are White. Black ones tend to have way more women interested, but I figure they try to keep it gender balanced.

My homegirl throws them, and told me the results are always funny. If it's 20 men and 20 women, she said 3-4 men usually get a "interested" vote by 16-18 of the women, while the rest of the men may get 1-2 at most. But men will always vote "interested" for over half the women..probably just hoping any of them will lead to something.

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

afrogirl_lost
Member since May 22nd 2012
3062 posts
Fri Jan-02-15 07:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I did it a few times in my 20s"
In response to Reply # 0

It was ok. I met some nice guys and went on a few interesting dates.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12688976 Previous topic | Next topic