Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12683367

Subject: "sony grows some balls... Interview back on (swipe)" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79587 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 01:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"sony grows some balls... Interview back on (swipe)"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/23/sony-the-interview-screenings_n_6373096.html

It looks like moviegoers may be able to see "The Interview" after all. According to Tim League, the founder of the Alamo Drafthouse, Sony has authorized some theaters to show "The Interview" on Christmas Day.

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
AMERICA
Dec 23rd 2014
Too late. Respect is lost. Should have never flinched.
Dec 23rd 2014
IF something had happened...wouldnt that have opened them up to a lawsui...
Dec 23rd 2014
We can't life with that kind of fear, b/c it opens too many other doors
Dec 23rd 2014
you didn't answer the question tho.
Dec 23rd 2014
suits could be filed, sure.
Dec 23rd 2014
      yeah, that's what i figured.
Dec 23rd 2014
           i think Sony made a mistake the first time.
Dec 23rd 2014
I wonder how many people who said they wanted to see this
Dec 23rd 2014
      Talk about a PR Rocket. This movie is gonna make dat doe!
Dec 23rd 2014
oh boy. *walks away*
Dec 23rd 2014
this shit better be funny
Dec 23rd 2014
RE: sony grows some balls... Interview back on (swipe)
Dec 23rd 2014
basically.
Dec 23rd 2014
fuck yeah!
Dec 23rd 2014
I wonder if Asians will get the looks Indians/Mid Easterners post 9/11-
Dec 23rd 2014
wide release please.
Dec 23rd 2014

veritas
Member since Sep 16th 2002
37201 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 01:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "AMERICA"
In response to Reply # 0

i still blame hip-hop.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 01:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Too late. Respect is lost. Should have never flinched. "
In response to Reply # 0

"America, stop turning our Court Houses of Justice into Dens for Justified Murderers."

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 01:41 PM

3. "IF something had happened...wouldnt that have opened them up to a lawsui..."
In response to Reply # 2

not to mention tons of bad pub

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 01:52 PM

7. "We can't life with that kind of fear, b/c it opens too many other doors"
In response to Reply # 3

That movie was not going to cause some kind of disaster except for the viewers who will be mad as hell after seeing it.

You can't give up your lunch money to a Bully just because he threatened you.

"America, stop turning our Court Houses of Justice into Dens for Justified Murderers."

Cenario
59181 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 02:29 PM

13. "you didn't answer the question tho."
In response to Reply # 7

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 02:33 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
15. "suits could be filed, sure."
In response to Reply # 3

but lawsuits can be filed just about anytime a person feels they were wronged by another person or entity.

would the suits have been successful? i dunno. it'd turn in part on whether Sony exposed movie patrons to an unreasonable risk of harm by showing the movie. that could depend in part on how credible the threats were/are and what Sony knew about the threats' credibility.

at this point i wouldn't be surprised if Sony and/or theater owners asked patrons to sign an assumption of risk waiver before entering any theater or complex showing The Interview. i dunno that the waivers would hold up but Sony and/or theater owners may want them signed anyway. or maybe just posting signs in the theater or complex is enough. again, i have no idea if the waivers or postings will protect Sony or the theater owners from being found civilly liable for damages should ppl be hurt by action taken by terrorists in the wake of the decision to show and watch the movie.

fuck you.

Cenario
59181 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 02:38 PM

16. "yeah, that's what i figured."
In response to Reply # 15

> i dunno. it'd turn in part on whether Sony exposed movie patrons to an unreasonable risk of harm by showing the movie. that could depend in part on how credible the threats were/are and what Sony knew about the threats' credibility.

Cancelling it initially gave Sony time to allow the threats to be fully investigated. I understand the 'stand up to terrorism, we won't bck down' angle, but that really shouldn't be sony's priority.

And of course if something did happen, you'd have all these 20/20 hindsight geniuses saying how irresponsible it was on sony's part to go through with the movie.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 02:50 PM

17. "i think Sony made a mistake the first time."
In response to Reply # 16

Sony should've consulted w/Homeland Security about how to respond to a threat from a international terrorists that sought to put American lives and property in jeopardy. if anything Sony should've announced a DELAY of the movie's opening in consideration of concerns from theater owners about security and the potential that showing The Interview could hurt sales of tix for other movies. surely the fedz would've worked w/Sony & the theaters & local law enforcement on security issues and the movie could've been shown at theaters who'd agree to show it.

legal issues could be addressed w/waivers.

fuck you.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79587 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 01:46 PM

4. "I wonder how many people who said they wanted to see this"
In response to Reply # 2

"just cause" they pulled it will still go.

IMO this whole stunt was better promo than a few trailers.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 01:53 PM

8. "Talk about a PR Rocket. This movie is gonna make dat doe! "
In response to Reply # 4

godleeluv
Member since Jun 11th 2013
5861 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 01:48 PM

5. "oh boy. *walks away*"
In response to Reply # 0

♥♥Church Diva♥♥

ALmighty44
Member since Feb 09th 2004
19824 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 01:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "this shit better be funny"
In response to Reply # 0

if all of this was for a mediocre as movie i think franco and rogen need to be banned from making movies ever again

b.Touch
Member since Jun 28th 2011
20514 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 02:08 PM

9. "RE: sony grows some balls... Interview back on (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://i.imgur.com/UiTrslX.jpg

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 02:18 PM

11. "basically."
In response to Reply # 9

fuck you.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 02:18 PM

10. "fuck yeah!"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R5A0pg4oN8

fuck you.

GrumpySmurf
Charter member
3375 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 02:27 PM

12. "I wonder if Asians will get the looks Indians/Mid Easterners post 9/11- "
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Dec-23-14 02:35 PM by GrumpySmurf

when they boarded airplanes; when or if they show up at the theater that day.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85069 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 02:32 PM

14. "wide release please."
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

Lobby General Discussion topic #12683367 Previous topic | Next topic