2. "funny, I've been feeling tensions between cops and myself lately" In response to Reply # 0
got on the E train from downtown, cops got on the train and got RIGHT next to me. I cant tell if the tension is real or imagined, however what was funny is that half the car kept lookin' at me and then the cops and then the cops and then me.
5. "Expectation?? to f*** wit me... " In response to Reply # 0 Tue Dec-23-14 10:27 AM by ambient1
i expect to get my ass whipped if i run from em or argue wit em i expect for them to get smart/huffy with me if i talk to em i expect em to run my tags just because i expect em to call 2-3 more cars or jump out on me when i get pulled over i expect absolutely NO help if/when i need em cuz they NEVER did b4 i expect to spend the night in the bookins w/any encounter i have wit em....and i've had plenty
6. "help me when i need them. don't fuck with me otherwise." In response to Reply # 0 Tue Dec-23-14 10:29 AM by BrooklynWHAT
i've only had positive experiences w/ the local forces at home and school. can't really complain about speeding tickets even though they are kind of lame. and they have been helpful in the few occasions i have needed them.
the problems have come when i've been outta town. i expect the worst and i usually have them.
7. "do your job & don't be an asshole while doing it." In response to Reply # 0 Tue Dec-23-14 10:47 AM by BigJazz
your job is crime prevention. you deter people from breaking laws and you arrest those who break the law. i expect them to do that and not be an asshole in the process. being an asshole includes yelling & cursing & beating on people and shooting people. most police officers do their job without doing those things...
oh yeah, and you gotta be able to differentiate between law abiders & law breakers...
11. "do your job the best way you can. same as anyone else." In response to Reply # 0
police officers job depends obviously but the patrol cop giving tickets, if im speeding, pull me over give me my ticket. if you think im breaking other laws based on your observation, do what you have to do.
i understand police wanting ppl to keep their hands where they can be seen, the job is dangerous as shit. that doesnt give them the right to abuse their position and power tho. do your job, give me my ticket or whatever & ill keep my hands where they can be seen, give you the respect you deserve as a grown up human being & you do the same for me. its pretty simple. police seem to think they are the moral arbitrators of right and wrong and thats inaccurate