Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12682599

Subject: "Can OKP plz vote for this Whitehouse petition for reparations." Previous topic | Next topic
deejboram
Member since Sep 27th 2002
25755 posts
Mon Dec-22-14 03:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Can OKP plz vote for this Whitehouse petition for reparations."

We only need a couple hundred more votes to get to 100k to have Obama look at the request (H.R. 40)
I searched and am surprised I didn't find this anywhere here.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/executive-order-be-issued-pass-hr-40-commission-study-reparation-proposals-african-americans-act/55fXk1tL

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Executive Order to be issued to pass H.R. 40 / Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act
After reading H. R. 40 by Congressman Conyers, it is becoming more apparent that H.R. 40 be passed. Action must be taken to investigate the atrocities of slavery, Jim Crow segregation, and benign neglect.

This petition is to generate public support and have an executive order issued for H.R. 40 whose purpose is:

"To acknowledge the fundamental injustice, cruelty, brutality, and inhumanity of slavery in the United States and the 13 American colonies between 1619 and 1865 and to establish a commission to examine the institution of slavery, subsequently de jure and de facto racial and economic discrimination against African-Americans, and the impact of these forces on living African-Americans, to make recommendations to the Congress on appropriate remedies, and for other purposes."

Published Date: Nov 30, 2014

pink toes: http://i.imgur.com/WN7DPL1

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
there are only 238 signatures
Dec 22nd 2014
Will you be #239?
Dec 22nd 2014
      no i won't
Dec 22nd 2014

samsara
Member since Sep 15th 2002
3464 posts
Mon Dec-22-14 03:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "there are only 238 signatures"
In response to Reply # 0

you didn't read

"i fear no fate" e.e. cummings
"No girl. No fried chicken. I'm going back to get some sleep." - Haruki Murakami

deejboram
Member since Sep 27th 2002
25755 posts
Mon Dec-22-14 03:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Will you be #239?"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks Sarah Sam.
Always knew we could count on you!

pink toes: http://i.imgur.com/WN7DPL1

samsara
Member since Sep 15th 2002
3464 posts
Mon Dec-22-14 03:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "no i won't"
In response to Reply # 2

i don't think you need 8 million dollars to pay for a commission to study reparations

"i fear no fate" e.e. cummings
"No girl. No fried chicken. I'm going back to get some sleep." - Haruki Murakami

Lobby General Discussion topic #12682599 Previous topic | Next topic