Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12680759

Subject: "Work Scenario - What you doing???" Previous topic | Next topic
Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59131 posts
Fri Dec-19-14 02:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: Work Scenario - What you doing???"

Let's say you are an assistant and you work for/under 5 people. You have a disagreement with one of them, where they falsely accuse you of being disrespectful, report it to the office manager, and are rude and disrespectful to you. The individual you work for isn't a manager or anyone special...ie a lawyer/assistant relationship. So while you work for him, he is not 'your boss'.

The office manager tells you that they don't believe you were being disrespectful, and that they will 'talk' with them about it, but you feel they are just doing damage control on both sides.

You continue to work for this individual, but the matter is never bought up again. The individual tries to be extra nice to you, but you are keeping it strictly business.

Fast forward to xmas time(about 1 month later) and as your office custom, all of the people you work for are giving you individual gifts...money/gift certificates. He gives you something that isn't make or break but something you def could use...lets say around $150.

What you doing?

For clarification purposes, lets say the disrespect he showed you was by constantly interrupting you while you were trying to explain yourself, stating that he is your superior and you have to do whatever he tells you, and finally interrupting you one last time, declaring that the conversation was over.

Poll result (4 votes)
Shmoney Dance (4 votes)Vote
Principles (0 votes)Vote
I'm the disrespectful one with the lazy assistant (0 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
so you sayin a coworker you don't rock with like that gave you a gift
Dec 19th 2014
nope i haven't gotten the gift yet lol
Dec 19th 2014
      if i'm not cool with you like that, i'd rather you not give me anything....
Dec 19th 2014
i like gifts so i'm taking it.
Dec 19th 2014
im good. I have a hard time accepting gifts in general tho
Dec 19th 2014

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Fri Dec-19-14 04:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "so you sayin a coworker you don't rock with like that gave you a gift"
In response to Reply # 0

and you're wondering how you should react?

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59131 posts
Fri Dec-19-14 04:31 PM

2. "nope i haven't gotten the gift yet lol"
In response to Reply # 1

the attorneys usually give one gift as a group but me and another assistant was talking about the situation and we disagreed on what we'd do if they did give gifts individually.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Fri Dec-19-14 04:35 PM

3. "if i'm not cool with you like that, i'd rather you not give me anything...."
In response to Reply # 2

if it's gonna cause workplace beef that's gonna adversely affect my career, i'll fake my way through it.

outside of work, if i don't fool with you i won't act like i do. but when i'm getting paid to put up with your clown ass, i wear the mask that grins & lies...

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Fri Dec-19-14 04:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "i like gifts so i'm taking it."
In response to Reply # 0

Ralo13
Member since May 29th 2007
5657 posts
Fri Dec-19-14 05:03 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "im good. I have a hard time accepting gifts in general tho"
In response to Reply # 0

"A Slew Of Empty Gas In My Tank" (C) Khujo Goodie

http://i.imgur.com/gFXu2he.jpg

http://bit.ly/1r3dl53

Lobby General Discussion topic #12680759 Previous topic | Next topic