Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12680009

Subject: "Classy Nigeria wants to murder 54 of its Soldiers for requesting weapons..." Previous topic | Next topic
Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu Dec-18-14 05:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Classy Nigeria wants to murder 54 of its Soldiers for requesting weapons..."

This country! Hell naw. We over here mad at the police for not doing their jobs and these fool trying to kill soldiers for wanting to do their jobs correctly.

Nigeria Sentences 54 Soldiers To Death By Firing Squad
AP | By BASHIR ADIGUN and MICHELLE FAUL
Posted: 12/18/2014 7:22 am EST Updated: 12/18/2014 8:59 am EST

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/18/nigeria-firing-squad_n_6346906.html

ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — A human rights lawyer says 54 soldiers have been sentenced to death because they embarrassed Nigeria's military by demanding weapons to fight Islamic extremists, and says they were justified in not going on what would have been a suicidal mission.

Defense attorney Femi Falana said Thursday he will take all legal measures to prevent authorities from carrying out a "genocidal verdict" of death by firing squad delivered Wednesday night by a court-martial.

A statement from Falana describes evidence given during the court-martial that is an indictment of Nigeria's military establishment and, the lawyer said, the reason journalists were barred from the trial.

All the soldiers convicted are aged between 21 and 25 and most joined the army around 2012, he said.

With little or no training, they were deployed against Nigeria's home-grown Islamic extremist group, Boko Haram. The lawyer charged that money for salaries and to purchase arms is often diverted by corrupt officers.

"Instead of bringing such unpatriotic officers to book, the military authorities have engaged in the diversionary tactics of wasting the lives of innocent soldiers by sentencing them to death without any legal justification," Falana charged.

He said Boko Haram on July 9 attacked the soldiers when the battalion of 750 troops was down to just 174. The extremists killed 26 soldiers including three officers and seriously injured 82. The soldiers demanded to be properly armed and were assured this would happen, he said.

Instead, the battalion was ordered Aug. 4 to recapture three towns controlled by Boko Haram. The few soldiers who deployed were ambushed and kidnapped. When some weapons were made available Aug. 8, another group of soldiers recaptured the towns and liberated their colleagues, Falana said.

"They were commended for their bravery and sacrifice. But for some inexplicable reasons, the army authorities ordered that the soldiers be charged with mutiny for allegedly exposing the armed forces to embarrassment by asking for weapons!" his statement said.

Falana told The Associated Press another 43 soldiers including a few officers remain on trial for mutiny and cowardice for refusing to fight the extremists.

"America, stop turning our Court Houses of Justice into Dens for Justified Murderers."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Outside influence
Dec 18th 2014
as a Nigerian, i'm loling at this^
Dec 18th 2014
      I.M.F International ModaFucka (c) Seun Kuti
Dec 18th 2014
      lol
Dec 18th 2014
      All roads lead to Rome
Dec 18th 2014
They wanted them to fight with a stick, a garbage can lid & a few rocks
Dec 18th 2014
Straight Kung-Fu Theater hand to and combat..
Dec 18th 2014
our ancestors were okay with machetes, this is that newage cowardice
Dec 18th 2014
what's wrong with the bow and arrow, eh?
Dec 18th 2014
      You're Kidding.
Dec 18th 2014

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Thu Dec-18-14 05:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Outside influence"
In response to Reply # 0

Keeping Africa destabilized is a real thing-- these soldiers were obviously going against the grain. Interpol, CIA, World Bank, take your pick regarding who's behind it.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

woe.is.me.
Member since Aug 06th 2007
13957 posts
Thu Dec-18-14 06:39 PM

4. "as a Nigerian, i'm loling at this^"
In response to Reply # 1

it's okay to admit that sometimes our own people are screwed up.
it's not always the white man.
if you aren't convinced, actually move to Nigeria and live there for a while.

learn to take the good with the bad.

---
www.ikirejones.com
FW16: After Migration.

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Thu Dec-18-14 06:50 PM

7. "I.M.F International ModaFucka (c) Seun Kuti"
In response to Reply # 4

>it's okay to admit that sometimes our own people are screwed
>up.
>it's not always the white man.
>if you aren't convinced, actually move to Nigeria and live
>there for a while.
>
>learn to take the good with the bad.

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4548 posts
Thu Dec-18-14 08:34 PM

9. "lol"
In response to Reply # 7

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Thu Dec-18-14 06:56 PM

8. "All roads lead to Rome "
In response to Reply # 4

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

8-bit
Member since Jan 12th 2010
10841 posts
Thu Dec-18-14 05:16 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "They wanted them to fight with a stick, a garbage can lid & a few rocks"
In response to Reply # 0

---
http://twitter.com/logicalhood
http://instagram.com/hoodlogic

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu Dec-18-14 05:17 PM

3. "Straight Kung-Fu Theater hand to and combat.. "
In response to Reply # 2

"America, stop turning our Court Houses of Justice into Dens for Justified Murderers."

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Thu Dec-18-14 06:45 PM

5. "our ancestors were okay with machetes, this is that newage cowardice"
In response to Reply # 2

i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Thu Dec-18-14 06:45 PM

6. "what's wrong with the bow and arrow, eh? "
In response to Reply # 2
Thu Dec-18-14 06:45 PM by akon

swift death by archery

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu Dec-18-14 09:27 PM

10. "You're Kidding."
In response to Reply # 6

Lobby General Discussion topic #12680009 Previous topic | Next topic