Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12675906

Subject: "Do we revel in the failure of others?" Previous topic | Next topic
ALmighty44
Member since Feb 09th 2004
19824 posts
Mon Dec-15-14 01:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Do we revel in the failure of others?"

I worked in a different city for 3 years and in that time I got really tight with most of my coworkers. Then I moved to a workplace that is considerably smaller. I also started up a school program that is pretty demanding but not out of reach of completion.

Well in the time that I left Maryland, people that i used to work with have gotten fired. And for some reason I get calls and texts about all of it. When I read these texts I think to myself "what the hell does this have to do with me?" It's almost like people are mocking those that got fired. Now that I'm here in Detroit there's been a few people that have gotten fired for different reasons and that's all people are talking about. It's almost like there's nothing else to talk about here except who's not working with us anymore and why.

I'm out of school this month because I got credit for these sections but I still had to run out there to handle some business and my classmates stopped me to tell me about who flunked out and who got put of school for whatever reasons and again I think to myself "what the hell does this have to do with me?".

So I got to thinking...do we revel in the downfall of others?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
confidence and self security
Dec 15th 2014
anyone who has slighted me
Dec 15th 2014
not really but im also not offering uplifting words to them
Dec 15th 2014
Beheading others to feel taller.
Dec 15th 2014
Schadenfreude is hobby of mine if they're assholes.
Dec 15th 2014

Sha
Member since Mar 25th 2004
68452 posts
Mon Dec-15-14 01:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "confidence and self security"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Dec-15-14 01:48 PM by Sha

some folks like to revel in the failures of others because they feel like they are far more superior or felt that person or persons was inferior.

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Mon Dec-15-14 01:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "anyone who has slighted me"
In response to Reply # 0

it's petty but hey

Iwasmadeto
Charter member
23433 posts
Mon Dec-15-14 01:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "not really but im also not offering uplifting words to them"
In response to Reply # 0

i guess im thinking about past loves. because i dont really keep up with the lives of people that arent friends anymore and only past loves have tried to reintroduce themselves into my lives and that's how i've learned of their current situation(s)

a past love was/is having a really hard time career wise and within his relationship. I did lend some sound advice and got him some leads but inside i wanted to blurt out "WEY YO BICH AT", just once. esp after the 3rd email follow up.

too bad im too mature.

psst!

RaFromQueens
Member since Apr 18th 2006
19528 posts
Mon Dec-15-14 02:26 PM

4. "Beheading others to feel taller."
In response to Reply # 0

Insecurity is responsible for a lot of negative behavior.

---
"People that need positivity around them all the time are weak individuals in my book" - @lilduval

MiQL
Member since Sep 03rd 2002
7208 posts
Mon Dec-15-14 02:36 PM

5. "Schadenfreude is hobby of mine if they're assholes."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Dec-15-14 02:38 PM by MiQL

In your situation, however, it sounds like it's more about gossip.

"a little air restriction ain't hurt nobody." - BSR

Lobby General Discussion topic #12675906 Previous topic | Next topic