Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12675757

Subject: "Post up sites that document police brutality. " Previous topic | Next topic
Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44831 posts
Mon Dec-15-14 12:15 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Post up sites that document police brutality. "

Post up sites that document police brutality.

Mods, I believe this to be a topic worthy of it’s own thread, so please read it before deciding that it belongs in one of the other threads.

Ideally this thread won’t get too heavy into the tin foil hat, Alex Jones school of alternative media, but some of that is to be expected.
The best one I’ve discovered so far is thefreethoughtproject.com.

photographyisnotacrime.com is another good one.

That said, this thread will ideally serve to provide resources people can use to increase our collective awareness of not just incidents of brutality, but also of their rights as citizens.

As is to be expected, there are incidents that get blown up from time to time on the site that don’t necessarily fit the bill, but overall I’ve found it to be a good resource in keeping up with what’s happening across the country. It could skew a little more informational than it does but it’s decent in that department. I’d also recommend liking the Cop Block facebook page, or at least visiting. That page tends to update several sites like TFTP, however they do seem to pull the bulk of their posting topics from TFTP articles.

A lot of these sites range from showcasing deliberate antagonists who are basically begging the cops to come fuck with them for the sole purpose of filming the interaction, to people who turn on the cameras in order to film what is happening organically, but even the guys who troll the police still seem to have firm footing more often than not. I don’t think

I urge everyone to update themselves on the laws when it comes to recording and interacting with the police in their state, along with applicable Supreme Court rulings for things like DUI checkpoints, identification laws, etc. My personal belief is that the recent lack of indictments is only going to embolden police going forward as it will give them a greater sense of not infallibility and we all need to familiarize ourselves with our rights a little bit better, for those who haven’t already. Things may well get much worse before it gets better and one thing that’s becoming clear as day to me is that while the police relationship with black males is particularly bad, police in general are riding roughshod on the general population.

There are so many stories that do not catch fire in the mainstream media, and I think that leads people to believe that these situations are far and few between. Given that we’re conditioned to not only trust, but to submit under police authority without question under the guise that whatever their doing, they’re just doing their job, I think people need a little more exposure to their misdeeds.

Perhaps if more of these stories, such as the older man killed on the beach that had a cop caught bragging about how he “dropped a fucking bomb on his head!”, or the elderly man tased for having out of date tags for a work vehicle and explaining the situation to the officer, or the cop who allowed someone he’d arrested to drown and is on audio tape admitting he put the wrong life jacket on him, or the black cop who was assaulted and harassed by other officers even after identifying himself, or any number of cases where the official police version of events does not correspond to videotaped evidence that clearly shows abuse, civil rights violations, lies, etc… perhaps the populace will start to second guess their actions a little more and start taking their rights more seriously.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
https://againsthiredguns.wordpress.com/
Dec 15th 2014
RE: Post up sites that document police brutality.
Dec 15th 2014
im convinced that every.single.police-written report is bogus.
Dec 15th 2014
For the Twin Cities
Dec 15th 2014

dba_BAD
Charter member
14873 posts
Mon Dec-15-14 01:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "https://againsthiredguns.wordpress.com/"
In response to Reply # 0

n/m

__

fairweather

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Mon Dec-15-14 01:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: Post up sites that document police brutality. "
In response to Reply # 0

CounterCultureNews.com

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

Deadzombie
Member since Aug 21st 2008
13358 posts
Mon Dec-15-14 01:11 PM

3. "im convinced that every.single.police-written report is bogus."
In response to Reply # 0

i think something needs to happen there. don't know what. camera's may be an answer. i don't know.

im tired of reading police reports and (while taking my own experiences into consideration) knowing very well that they type nothing but lies that are presented to prove their actions.

that shit boils me.

Hitokiri
Charter member
22103 posts
Mon Dec-15-14 01:15 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "For the Twin Cities"
In response to Reply # 0

mplscopwatch.tumblr.com

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

Lobby General Discussion topic #12675757 Previous topic | Next topic