Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12673626

Subject: "Michel du Cille, WP photojournalist dies covering Ebola (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79352 posts
Fri Dec-12-14 11:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Michel du Cille, WP photojournalist dies covering Ebola (swipe)"
Fri Dec-12-14 12:04 PM by legsdiamond

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/2014/12/11/04e06b78-8189-11e4-8882-03cf08410beb_story.html

Michel du Cille, a Washington Post photojournalist who was a three-time winner of the Pulitzer Prize for his dramatic images of human struggle and triumph, and who recently chronicled the plight of Ebola patients and the people who cared for them, died Thursday while on assignment for The Post in Liberia. He was 58.

He collapsed while returning on foot from a village in the Salala district of Liberia’s Bong County, where he had been working on a project. He was transported over dirt roads to a hospital two hours away but was declared dead on arrival of an apparent heart attack.

Mr. du Cille won two Pulitzer Prizes for photography with the Miami Herald in the 1980s and joined The Post in 1988. In 2008, he shared his third Pulitzer, with Post reporters Dana Priest and Anne Hull, for an investigative series on the treatment of veterans at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

“Michel had returned to Liberia on Tuesday after a four-week break that included showing his photographs at the Addis Foto Fest in Ethi­o­pia,” Washington Post Executive Editor Martin Baron said in a statement to the newspaper’s staff.

“We are all heartbroken,” he continued. “We have lost a beloved colleague and one of the world’s most accomplished photographers.”

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
that doesn't say died from ebola n/m
Dec 12th 2014
thanks, I edited the title.
Dec 12th 2014

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Fri Dec-12-14 12:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "that doesn't say died from ebola n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79352 posts
Fri Dec-12-14 12:04 PM

2. "thanks, I edited the title."
In response to Reply # 1

Lobby General Discussion topic #12673626 Previous topic | Next topic