Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12671598

Subject: "Can normal people pass on Intellectual and Cognitive limitations? " Previous topic | Next topic
Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 02:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Can normal people pass on Intellectual and Cognitive limitations? "
Wed Dec-10-14 02:17 PM by Case_One

I'm excluding issues like diagnosed medical mental limitations?

I'm talking about the possibility of the a whole family just being plain ol' Dumb? Can a mother be so dizzy that she passes that limitation on to her child? Can a father be a real town idiot and pass that characteristic on to his child?

"America, stop turning our Court Houses of Justice into Dens for Justified Murderers."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Like a big fat hanging curveball right down the middle of the plate
Dec 10th 2014
What to you mean?
Dec 10th 2014
Foul. Kids are off limits.
Dec 10th 2014
lol
Dec 10th 2014
lmao
Dec 10th 2014
absolutely
Dec 10th 2014
You know, I remember older folks holding traits of the parent against...
Dec 10th 2014
So Pimping can be in someone's blood?
Dec 10th 2014
      ahem
Dec 10th 2014
ehhh intellect is subjective and ignorance is absolute
Dec 10th 2014
you mean learned behavior?
Dec 10th 2014
Intelligence dos not exist in objective reality.
Dec 10th 2014
apparently not in yours at least
Dec 10th 2014

veritas
Member since Sep 16th 2002
37201 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 02:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Like a big fat hanging curveball right down the middle of the plate"
In response to Reply # 0

In the spirit of the holidays I'm gonna leave this alone.

i still blame hip-hop.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 02:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "What to you mean?"
In response to Reply # 1

"America, stop turning our Court Houses of Justice into Dens for Justified Murderers."

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 03:12 PM

5. "Foul. Kids are off limits. "
In response to Reply # 1

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

http://blackpeopleonlocalnews.tumblr.com/

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 03:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "lol"
In response to Reply # 1

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35245 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 03:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "lmao"
In response to Reply # 1

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4548 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 02:59 PM

3. "absolutely"
In response to Reply # 0

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 03:12 PM

4. "You know, I remember older folks holding traits of the parent against..."
In response to Reply # 0

their kids. Like "you know his daddy was a theif too. Like father like son".

Just the other day someone said to me "you know his mama was fast so ain't no surprise he cheating on his wife".

I use to dismiss that sort of talk as unfair. But as I get older, I start to see it a bit.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 03:15 PM

6. "So Pimping can be in someone's blood?"
In response to Reply # 4

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 03:19 PM

9. "ahem"
In response to Reply # 6

http://health.howstuffworks.com/sexual-health/sexuality/cheating-run-in-family1.htm

kayru99
Member since Jan 26th 2004
16105 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 03:17 PM

7. "ehhh intellect is subjective and ignorance is absolute"
In response to Reply # 0

meaning, you don't know that you *didn't* know something until *after* you knew it.

So a whole family could pass on some bad traits/beliefs/ideas out of sheer ignorance until they are exposed to something different. DIFFERENT, not necessarily better, cuz, again, subjectivity.

And every one does some version of this, btw.

Madvillain 626
Member since Apr 25th 2006
10018 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 03:18 PM

8. "you mean learned behavior?"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Dec-10-14 03:19 PM by Madvillain 626

yes it's a real thing. our parents are our first teachers. so if the lessons they giving us with their behavior is all fucked up, welp...

My Dad didn't teach me shit about finances and was bad with money, so my first few years of adulthood, I was real shitty with money. Had to unlearn that learned behavior...

-------------------------------
If life is stupendous one cannot also demand that it should be easy. - Robert Musil

initiationofplato
Member since Nov 06th 2013
2420 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 03:46 PM

11. "Intelligence dos not exist in objective reality."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Dec-10-14 03:50 PM by initiationofplato

A "Standardized" test is precisely what it implies. A standard has been chosen based on the sociopolitical and socioeconomic agenda; to create an individual with the right set of skills to be a "productive" member of society. Each nation has its own standardized test.

This system is flawed, and it has impacted education, which is flawed as well. Human beings are not taught how to be human, we are taught how to be workers. A young child may have strong artistic/musical intent, with a deep passion to explore expression and consciousness. Science only explores consciousness from a material point of view, therefore, right from the onset that child will struggle with the sciences unless it is infected with curiosity of the physical world. Unfortunately, it may impact their future in a negative way.

A person should have the freedom to explore what to study, as opposed to being forced to study "pre-requisites". When I was younger I had no desire to learn physics and these days, in my almost mid 30s, that is sometimes all I think about. Education is a life long process.

I did not receive good grades in Physics when I was in high school and it had nothing to do with my "intelligence" level, but everything to do with my interest/passion level. We do have a right to express the self, and unfortunately, society in as much only caters to the self with consumerism, and not much else.

There are no dumb people on the planet. There are simply unique versions of the uncultivated self. There are also no talented people on this planet. Talent is the result of passion, dedication, and hard work. If you live your life by labeling aspects of your humanity by what society provides you with, you will forever live in a shadow of your very self.

Infect people with curiosity and the self will do the rest.

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35245 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 03:52 PM

13. "apparently not in yours at least"
In response to Reply # 11

Lobby General Discussion topic #12671598 Previous topic | Next topic