Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12610174

Subject: "An on-going post of cops doing fucked up shit to black people." Previous topic | Next topic
Very-Effortless
Member since May 07th 2011
7452 posts
Thu Oct-09-14 01:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"An on-going post of cops doing fucked up shit to black people."

Because if we make a new post for everything that happens then, eventually we just need a new board called "Fuck the Police".

Here are a few gems from today:

Cops shut down birthday party, steal $1K from citizens then pepper spray them -
http://gawker.com/nypd-interrupts-birthday-party-to-steal-cash-pepper-sp-1644318883?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Attorney saves neighborhood handyman being harassed by cops that are lost in the wrong neighborhood:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/attorney-shuts-down-police-stop-of-black-handyman-now-please-leave-our-neighborhood/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Green Mile is a movie where the magical black man wrongly dies and the white man who let it happen lives forever.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I might just start wearing a go-pro on me at all times.
Oct 09th 2014
Getting a drop-cam just in case yo
Oct 09th 2014
copied and pasted from chernic's post
Oct 09th 2014
      I like it!
Oct 09th 2014
      Late pass. It's called cop watch. Do your googles. nm
Oct 09th 2014
           how long has it been in place? seems like it didnt get the momentum
Oct 09th 2014
yooo. shit is surreal. while most of the world using the innernets
Oct 09th 2014
we should anchor this til the end of the year
Oct 09th 2014
^ ANCHOR THIS!
Jan 08th 2015
i BEEN saying we need a site dedicated to an all-encompassing timeline.
Oct 09th 2014
Pastor prays over deceased son, gets tased by Police
Oct 09th 2014
This makes me wanna leave America.
Oct 09th 2014
I like the idea
Oct 09th 2014
Maybe take this shit to Activist?
Oct 10th 2014
Another Mistrial 4 Officer Who shot Sleeping 7-Year-Old To Death
Oct 15th 2014
this is fucking insane
Oct 16th 2014
marissa alexander 20 yr sentence overturned; gets new trial
Oct 29th 2014
Good.
Oct 29th 2014
Georgia Man Given 20-Year Sentence for Stealing iPod
Oct 29th 2014
NYPD rookie kills unarmed man
Nov 21st 2014
there's just not enough internet
Nov 21st 2014
M. Ojibade Dies In Police Restraining Chair
Jan 08th 2015
video shows cops handcuffing Tamir Rice’s sister after gunning down he...
Jan 08th 2015

Lardlad95
Member since Jul 31st 2002
66340 posts
Thu Oct-09-14 01:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I might just start wearing a go-pro on me at all times. "
In response to Reply # 0

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts..." -The Bard

ThaAnthology
Charter member
21061 posts
Thu Oct-09-14 01:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Getting a drop-cam just in case yo"
In response to Reply # 1

never been more afraid of "misunderstandings" than ever. lol

www.anthologyfmn.com

Enter the Written World of Fahim Malik Nassar

The House of Caine (available)

Melancholoy Funk (available)

Tha Anthology (Words 2001-2003) Poetry inspired by OKP and Wash, DC
(available)

The Spook who sat by the Radio Poetry (av

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10137 posts
Thu Oct-09-14 03:14 PM

3. "copied and pasted from chernic's post"
In response to Reply # 1

i wish there was a nationwide campaign for ppl to automatically pull out their cellys when they see a cop. like operation film-a-cop. u see a cop talkn to somebody, AUTOMATICALLY film that shit. somebody. anybody. nationwide. put that shit on billboards, commercials, side of buses, wherever u can fit the slogan. im watchin you watchin me, nigga.

operation film-a-cop

Lardlad95
Member since Jul 31st 2002
66340 posts
Thu Oct-09-14 03:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "I like it!"
In response to Reply # 3

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts..." -The Bard

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Thu Oct-09-14 03:41 PM

7. "Late pass. It's called cop watch. Do your googles. nm"
In response to Reply # 3

does it really matter?

for all my fans who keep my name in their mouth: http://i.imgur.com/v2xNOpS.jpg

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10137 posts
Thu Oct-09-14 04:30 PM

10. "how long has it been in place? seems like it didnt get the momentum"
In response to Reply # 7
Thu Oct-09-14 04:36 PM by mikediggz

it should have. im envisioning this shit on niggas coffee mugs in their offices...mouse pads, license plate holders, everywhere, to the point where it becomes part of police consciousness. i dont think what u mentioned is there yet. the effort needs to be RAMPED

Edit: yeah it looks like cop watch been around since the early 90s...that shit needs to be revisited

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Oct-09-14 03:15 PM

4. "yooo. shit is surreal. while most of the world using the innernets"
In response to Reply # 0

to look at cat pics...

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Thu Oct-09-14 03:39 PM

6. "we should anchor this til the end of the year"
In response to Reply # 0

news headlines are going to stay on this for a while
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Thu Jan-08-15 04:26 PM

22. "^ ANCHOR THIS!"
In response to Reply # 6

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

BlaizeBlack26
Charter member
15946 posts
Thu Oct-09-14 04:10 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "i BEEN saying we need a site dedicated to an all-encompassing timeline."
In response to Reply # 0

just update and share it every week. that way we can add new cases and also old cases that are just getting the attention they deserve..

i would try do it myself but i dont know the best way to present it, AND i have a lot on my plate already

Discuss
Member since Sep 22nd 2003
244 posts
Thu Oct-09-14 04:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "Pastor prays over deceased son, gets tased by Police"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/man-says-officers-pulled-him-away-dead-stepson-tas/nhT9b/

Doronmonkflake
Member since Jan 10th 2007
11078 posts
Thu Oct-09-14 09:59 PM

12. "This makes me wanna leave America. "
In response to Reply # 9

Da bayball, babeh. (c) Charlie Kelly.

AtoZ 0toInfinity
Member since Sep 27th 2008
867 posts
Thu Oct-09-14 05:37 PM

11. "I like the idea"
In response to Reply # 0

IMHO
I feel like its a obviously a no-brainer to anchor a post that
keeps everyone update and informed on the new and old cases,
developments, verdicts and what have you.
Makes everything concise, easy to find, easy to become informed

But

I also wanna come in and see 3-4 posts about these swine.
I guess kinda as a means to keep me in perspective
(Not that I need perspective cuz Im black w/ my own fd up cop experiences)
when you have random celeb, ass&titties (which somehow I manage to
accidentally go into), and other misc posts scattered roun.
Cuz these Cops are literally on some b.s. all day everyday
and if it happens to clog up the boards ... So be it
it just happens to be what time it is

and yes, all of what I just said can be accomplished w/
a running post but still

rawsouthpaw
Charter member
15496 posts
Fri Oct-10-14 06:20 AM

13. "Maybe take this shit to Activist? "
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Oct-10-14 06:23 AM by rawsouthpaw

Anchor it there PERMANENTLY and link to it from GD when wanted/needed? Raising consciousness in a coherent fashion was the original point of that board before debates about satan's favorite rappers and the rule of the lizard men took over. It could be an ongoing organizing tool and resource with links to useful information like

Know Your Rights: What To Do If You're Stopped By Police
https://www.aclu.org/drug-law-reform-immigrants-rights-racial-justice/know-your-rights-what-do-if-you

instead of a horror gallery that a General Discussion-only space facilitates. We still have moderators for it and this - what's up okayplayer with moving on this for real? Step up: as a cultural sphere artists and their community have a reach. Have Jimmy and The Roots done some late night hella sketches on this yet?

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Wed Oct-15-14 11:52 PM

14. "Another Mistrial 4 Officer Who shot Sleeping 7-Year-Old To Death"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/10/joseph-weekley-mistrial-verdict_n_5965362.html

A mistrial has been declared in the trial of the Detroit police officer who shot a sleeping 7-year-old to death.

The Wayne County Prosecutor's Office said that Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Cynthia Gray Hathaway declared a mistrial Friday after the jury deadlocked. Jurors had been deliberating over a misdemeanor charge for Officer Joseph Weekley, who killed Aiyana Stanley-Jones during a botched 2010 police raid.

"No matter the outcome of any jury's decision, I have already been devastated and my life has been ruined irreparably by the events that occurred on May 16, 2010," Weekley said in a statement, according to the Detroit News.

"No parent ever deserves to lose a child, regardless of the circumstances," he also said. "I know in my heart and before God that what transpired that day was out of my control, but I will still have terrible grief weigh upon me every day for the rest of my life."

The jury began deliberating Tuesday on the charge of careless discharge of a firearm causing death, which carries a sentence of up to two years in prison. Jurors would later tell the court they were having difficulty reaching a decision.

Weekley went into the trial last month charged additionally with a count of involuntary manslaughter, which carries a 15-year maximum prison sentence. The judge dismissed the charge during the trial after a motion by the defense, citing a lack of evidence.

Roland Lawrence, chairman of the Justice for Aiyana Jones Committee, said in a statement Friday that the trial was both a "travesty and a comedy."

"This trial is a travesty because the judicial system allowed the death of a child by a well-trained police agency to go unpunished," he said. "It is comedy because the people of {southeast] Michigan actually think that Aiyana's family is responsible for Aiyana's death."

Shortly after midnight on May 16, 2010, Weekley entered the Stanley-Jones home. He was the first through the door as part of the Detroit Special Response Team's search for a murder suspect. As a crew filmed for an A&E reality series about murder investigations, another officer is said to have thrown a flash-bang grenade, allegedly making it difficult for Weekley to see. Weekley then fired the shot that killed Aiyana, who was sleeping on the couch with her grandmother, Mertilla Jones.

In court, Weekley maintained that Jones struck his gun, which caused him to shoot. Jones, a primary witness in the trial, denied doing so or being close to Weekley. The prosecution argued that Weekley shouldn't have had his finger on the trigger of his gun, per his professional training.

"The only evidence that points to any kind of knowingly creating a danger or intending to cause injury, the only testimony is that of Mertilla Jones, which is by its nature and by comparison to the other testimony, including the medical examiner, is completely and totally unbelievable," Weekley's lawyer, Steve Fishman, told the judge last week.

The shooting of the black child by a white officer, who continues to work on the Detroit police force, has caused some to draw parallels to other cases of police shootings and to criticize the justice system's handling of cases involving police officers and black victims.

Several weeks before Weekley's latest trial began, a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri, shot unarmed, black 18-year-old Michael Brown, sparking mass protests, a heightened police response and nationwide conversations about institutional racism in police forces across the country. Before Weekley's trial began, potential jurors were asked questions about the Ferguson shooting and police militarization and whether their thoughts might influence their decision in the case.

Last year, Mertilla Jones drew a connection between her granddaughter's death and that of black teen Trayvon Martin, who was unarmed when he was shot by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Florida. She spoke during a rally after Zimmerman was acquitted.

"I'm out here to fight any way for the other Aiyanas that's to come," she said, "because it ain't stop at just my grandbaby."

Weekley was tried last year for involuntary manslaughter in Aiyana's death, but the first jury also failed to come to a decision. The next court date in the case has been set for Nov. 21.

Also on HuffPost:

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

rawsouthpaw
Charter member
15496 posts
Thu Oct-16-14 12:15 AM

15. "this is fucking insane"
In response to Reply # 14

Riot
14614 posts
Wed Oct-29-14 11:35 PM

16. "marissa alexander 20 yr sentence overturned; gets new trial"
In response to Reply # 0

“HE BEAT US TOO” 5 NEW WITNESSES ARE THE REASON FOR MARISSA’S NEW TRIAL
By BMS Staff .
October 14, 2014

(BlackMediaScoop) A Florida woman who claimed to be a victim of abuse was sentenced to 20 years behind bars for allegedly firing a warning shot during an argument with her husband was granted a new trial thanks to five new witnesses.

The appellate court ruling erased a decision by a jury that took just 12 minutes to convict Marissa Alexander, a mother of three, of aggravated assault.

The conviction of Alexander, who is black, sparked outrage and cries of a racial double standard in light of the exoneration of George Zimmerman, a white Hispanic, for the death of Trayvon Martin, who was black. In particular, outrage aired on social media and among some lawmakers on Capitol Hill.

Marissa Alexander & Rico Gray

Alexander unsuccessfully tried to invoke Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law as the same prosecutors who unsuccessfully worked to put Zimmerman behind bars told the court that she did not act in self-defense.

The details of the case have finally emerged and five witnesses may be the reason Alexander was finally granted a new trial. Let’s start with her ex husband, Rico Gray.

In a sworn deposition, he said:

“I was in a rage. I called her a whore and bitch and I told her, you know, I used to always tell her that, if I can’t have you, nobody going to have you. It was not the first time of ever saying it to her.”

Ironically, according to Florida’s ‘Stand You Ground,’ Law if Alexander had killed Gray, she would have most likely gone free.

Meanwhile five new witnesses came forth in a pretrial hearing, and testified against Rico Gray and his violent past:

Witnesses Thursday included three women with whom Gray has had children, as well as two sisters-in-law. All accused Gray of physically intimidating or brutalizing them. One girlfriend, Shartrecia Anderson, testified that Gray was prone to violence. “I know what he’s capable of. He will attack if he’s brought to that point,” she told the court.

She also asserted that on at least one occasion, Gray stabbed himself with a fork in order to feign injury to police, and instructed his son to lie to officers in order to back up his version of events.

Another witness, former Gray wife Dashanna McGriff, alleged a raft of abuses, including being hit with a gun, having her nose broken, and being locked in a closet for hours.

Alexander testified that, on Aug. 1, 2010, her then-husband, Rico Gray Sr., questioned her fidelity and the paternity of her 1-week-old child. She claimed that he broke through a bathroom door that she had locked and grabbed her by the neck. She said she tried to push past him but he shoved her into the door, sparking a struggle that felt like an “eternity.”

Afterwards, she claimed that she ran to the garage and tried to leave but was unable to open the garage door, so she retrieved a gun, which she legally owned.

Once inside, she claimed, her husband saw the gun and charged at her “in a rage” saying, “Bitch, I’ll kill you.” She said she raised the gun and fired a warning shot into the air because it was the “lesser of two evils.” The jury rejected the self-defense claim and Alexander was sentenced under the state’s 10-20-life law, sparking outrage over how self-defense laws are applied in the state.

A Florida appellate court ruled that jury instructions, which unfairly made Alexander prove “beyond a reasonable doubt” that she was acting in self-defense, were wrong — and that there were other incorrect instructions that self-defense only applied if the victim suffered an injury, which Gray had not.

U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown, D-Fla., lashed out at Florida State Attorney Angela Corey, who oversaw the failed prosecution of George Zimmerman and the prosecution in this case, saying, “Arresting and prosecuting her when no one was hurt does not make any sense. … What was certainly absent from the courtroom during Marissa’s trial was mercy and justice. Indeed, the three-year plea deal from State Attorney Angela Corey is not mercy, and a mandatory 20-year sentence is not justice.”

Rico Gray & Marissa Alexander

Corey’s office argued that Alexander, who had not been living in the home for two months leading up to the shooting, provoked the incident, and that there was no proof the garage door was broken, Alexander’s rationale for not leaving the altercation. Her office offered her a three-year plea deal in the case that was rejected.

Alexander testified about three other alleged incidents of physical abuse by her husband, including one that led to his arrest. Several witnesses claimed to have seen the injuries she allegedly suffered and the final defense witness in the case testified that she met the criteria for “battered person’s syndrome.”

In a statement, prosecutors wrote, “The defendant’s conviction was reversed on a legal technicality. … We are gratified that the court affirmed the defendant’s Stand Your Ground ruling. This means the defendant will not have another Stand Your Ground hearing. The case will be back in the Circuit Court in the Fourth Judicial Circuit at the appropriate time.”

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Wed Oct-29-14 11:36 PM

17. "Good."
In response to Reply # 16

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

Riot
14614 posts
Wed Oct-29-14 11:41 PM

18. "Georgia Man Given 20-Year Sentence for Stealing iPod "
In response to Reply # 0

Georgia Man Given 20-Year Sentence for Stealing Teen’s iPod

Shareef Tawwab Hakim was sentenced to 12 years in prison and eight years of probation for stealing a teen’s iPod.
By: Stephen A. Crockett Jr.
Posted: Oct. 21 2014 12:34 PM

Cobb County's Sheriff Office

A 20-year-old Georgia man who stole a teenager's iPod was found guilty of aggravated assault and robbery and given a 20-year sentence last week after he admitted to taking the teen's device during the trial.

According to reports given to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Shareef Tawwab Hakim of Marietta approached the 16-year-old victim outside his apartment complex around 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 22, 2013. He reportedly placed the teenager in a headlock and took his iPod.

"He is violent, and this is all a joke to him," Assistant District Attorney Jaret Usher told Judge Robert D. Leonard II during the sentencing, according to AJC. "His demeanor demonstrates that."

Cobb Superior Court Judge Robert Leonard II then sentenced Hakim to 12 years in prison and eight years of probation for the theft, the AJC reports.

No word at the time of this report on whether Hakim's attorney's planned to appeal the judge's decision.

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/

8-bit
Member since Jan 12th 2010
10841 posts
Fri Nov-21-14 12:51 PM

19. "NYPD rookie kills unarmed man"
In response to Reply # 0

http://nypost.com/2014/11/21/police-fatally-shoot-man-in-brooklyn-building/

This part:
"
Peter Liang and his partner, Shaun Landau, also a rookie, were descending from the eighth-floor at the Pink Houses at 2724 Linden Blvd. about 11:15 p.m. when 28-year-old victim, Akai Gurley, entered from the seventh floor with his girlfriend — startling the cops, police sources said.
Liang fired one shot into Gurley’s chest, sending him tumbling down to the fifth floor, where he collapsed, sources said. He later told other cops it was an “accidental shooting,” sources said.
"

Rage. Because he was "startled?"

---
http://twitter.com/logicalhood
http://instagram.com/hoodlogic

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Nov-21-14 12:51 PM

20. "there's just not enough internet "
In response to Reply # 0

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

Riot
14614 posts
Thu Jan-08-15 02:33 PM

21. "M. Ojibade Dies In Police Restraining Chair "
In response to Reply # 0

This past New Year's Day, Matthew Ojibade, 22, of Savannah, Georgia,s uffered a manic episode resulting from his ongoing struggles with bipolar disorder. His girlfriend called police to help intervene and take him to the hospital. When they arrived, she gave the police his prescription medication, which was noted in the police report, and requested again that he be taken to the hospital.

This didn't happen. According to a report by Channel 3 News in Savannah,

Ojibade was taken to the Chatham County Detention Center that evening. According to the Sheriff's Office, he fought with deputies during booking—injured several—and had to be restrained. “My understanding was because of his behavior, he was put into a restraining chair and that's a tool that law enforcement uses—and they're allowed to use—and even in occasions supposed to use,” says O'Mara.
The Sheriff's Office says Ojibade was checked on twice while isolated - the second found unresponsive. Efforts to resuscitate him failed. His brother, Chris Olapado, says they've been given little information as to how he died, “I just really want to know why – I want justice to be served. No one should ever get news like that about his baby brother being gone...."

O'Mara says they will wait to get those answers before deciding on a course of action, “There's no blame yet—there's just a lot of questions."

The process to find those answers has already begun. O'Mara says the Georgia Bureau of Investigation conducted an autopsy today. The Sheriff's Department already announced the GBI is investigating the case. O'Mara believes video surveillance from the jail will help in determining what happened.

The statement given by the police, that Ojibade "fought with deputies...and had to be restrained" is vague and raises more questions than answers.

Was he beaten? Was it filmed? What injuries did he suffer in the process of being restrained? Was he given medical attention for his injuries? What does the autopsy show as his cause of death?

Ojibade is not the first man to die in Savannah police custody. Charles Smith, handcuffed and in the back of a police car, was shot and killed by an officer this past September after police said he found a way out of the vehicle and somehow produced a gun.

In November, the former chief of police in Savannah was convicted on federal charges of extortion, gambling, obstruction of justice, and other charges.

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/

imperial
Member since May 30th 2003
3792 posts
Thu Jan-08-15 04:51 PM

23. "video shows cops handcuffing Tamir Rice’s sister after gunning down he..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/new-video-shows-cops-handcuffing-tamir-rices-sister-after-gunning-down-her-brother/

Police wrestled a 14-year-old girl to the ground and handcuffed her as she rushed to aid her younger brother after police shot him in a Cleveland park, according to newly released video from the incident.

Officers shot and killed 12-year-old Tamir Rice on Nov. 22 as he sat outside Cudell Recreation Center, where 911 callers reported someone with a gun.

The sixth-grader had been playing with a pellet gun before officers pulled up in a police cruiser and shot him seconds later.

The family’s attorney described the full-length video “shocking and outrageous,” reported the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

“This has to be the cruelest thing I’ve ever seen,” said attorney Walter Madison.

City officials finally released the 30-minute video Thursday, and it backs claims made by the children’s mother that officers stopped her daughter from aiding her brother – and that police failed to render first aid for several minutes.

The video shows rookie Officer Timothy Loehmann help his partner, Officer Frank Garmback, restrain the teenage girl and place her in the back of a police cruiser about 10 feet away from her brother as he lay dying on the ground.

Police stood around the wounded boy, including one who stood with hands on hips as an FBI agent arrived and administered first aid four minutes after officers shot the child.

Paramedics arrived eight minutes after the boy was shot, and he was taken away on a stretcher 13 minutes after the shooting.

Tamir later died at a hospital.

The family’s attorney said officers showed “overwhelming indifference” to the child they had shot.

“This is the level of service that makes people very upset and distrustful of law enforcement,” Madison said.

The attorney said the video raises additional questions about Loehmann, who was hired by Cleveland police despite his firing by another department in 2012 and was turned down for a job by several other police agencies.

“This video really explains why,” Madison said. “This is not the professional standard we would expect or deserve, and the city of Cleveland put him in the position to allow this to happen.”

Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson has turned the investigation over to the Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Department, which will then hand over its evidence to Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy McGinty’s office.

Prosecutors will then present the case to a grand jury, which will determine whether any charges will be filed.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12610174 Previous topic | Next topic