Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12556455

Subject: "everyday surreality, haunted houses & things that go bump in the night" Previous topic | Next topic
howisya
Member since Nov 09th 2002
39983 posts
Mon Aug-25-14 02:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"everyday surreality, haunted houses & things that go bump in the night"

feel free to share your weird domestic experiences here.

when i was young and wondering where noises came from, i had to learn the concept of a house settling. hearing indoor sounds in otherwise silence (and darkness) still trips me out a bit. sometimes i look to see if something fell somewhere. acute hearing.

this morning i saw a small brown puddle (piddle) on my kitchen counter. i soon realized that the old banana i had hanging excreted its juices. i had never seen or heard of this before, but it made sense, as odd as it looked. next time i will throw the banana away before that can happen again.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: everyday surreality, haunted houses & things that go bump in the nig...
Oct 07th 2014
every day is halloween with a flickering fluorescent overhead light
Jan 07th 2015
having an american psycho moment
Jan 07th 2015
moar blood (not mine)
May 11th 2017
Men's, or unisex bathroom?
May 11th 2017
      men's room
May 12th 2017
           ewwww what was it from?
May 12th 2017
                my guess
May 12th 2017
                     *barfs*
May 12th 2017
RE: **depressed sigh**
May 11th 2017
sorry to hear it
May 12th 2017
yo!
May 11th 2017
http://img-s1.onedio.com/id-5578baa106dbc85341703708/rev-0/raw/s-8249087...
May 12th 2017
lol
May 12th 2017
I live in a really old building. Shit shifts and creaks all night.
May 12th 2017
I got tramatized early in life
May 12th 2017
yo, wtf??
May 12th 2017
RIGHT?!?!?
May 12th 2017
I have sleep paralysis as well
May 12th 2017
      I do the wiggle your toe thing all the time
May 12th 2017
There's something about total darkness that scares me...
May 12th 2017
total darkness is interesting
May 12th 2017
My folks recently lost a tenant because they 'sensed an evil presence'
May 12th 2017
It's callled rent. Dude was prolly seeing it every night in his dreams
May 14th 2017
      Lol
May 14th 2017

howisya
39983 posts
Tue Oct-07-14 02:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: everyday surreality, haunted houses & things that go bump in the nig..."
In response to Reply # 0

there's something deeply yet somewhat seductively unnerving about quietly listening to house music while chainsaws buzz loudly outside of my actual house courtesy of a group of treecutters

howisya
39983 posts
Wed Jan-07-15 06:14 PM

2. "every day is halloween with a flickering fluorescent overhead light"
In response to Reply # 0

that needs to be changed

howisya
39983 posts
Wed Jan-07-15 06:19 PM

3. "having an american psycho moment"
In response to Reply # 0

washing away blood splatter or having someone else point out dried up old blood in the home is both funny and unnerving

howisya
39983 posts
Thu May-11-17 05:17 PM

4. "moar blood (not mine)"
In response to Reply # 0

at the office today, i lifted a clean-seeming toilet seat only for blood to run down the underside.

lonesome_d
Charter member
30443 posts
Thu May-11-17 11:09 PM

7. "Men's, or unisex bathroom?"
In response to Reply # 4

-------
so I'm in a band now:
album ---> http://greenwoodburns.bandcamp.com/releases
Soundcloud ---> http://soundcloud.com/greenwood-burns

my own stuff -->http://soundcloud.com/lonesomedstringband

avy by buckshot_defunct

howisya
39983 posts
Fri May-12-17 07:36 AM

8. "men's room"
In response to Reply # 7

pretty sure i know whose blood it was, too

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Fri May-12-17 08:25 AM

11. "ewwww what was it from?"
In response to Reply # 8

i'm not sure i really want to know the answer, but i asked anyways.

howisya
39983 posts
Fri May-12-17 08:48 AM

13. "my guess"
In response to Reply # 11
Fri May-12-17 08:51 AM by howisya

someone was bleeding out the ass and flushed the toilet, but some blood splashed up from the flush and stayed neatly upside down in that one spot until i came along and disturbed it, and it disturbed me.

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Fri May-12-17 08:51 AM

14. "*barfs*"
In response to Reply # 13

Austin
Charter member
9418 posts
Thu May-11-17 10:57 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "RE: **depressed sigh**"
In response to Reply # 0

The auditory hallucinations have returned. I've been alone in the house this past week because everyone is on vacation. This combination makes for a really difficult challenge when trying to sleep.

os·ti·na·to
/ˌästəˈnädō/
noun
a continually repeated musical phrase or rhythm

http://austinato.bandcamp.com

https://www.discogs.com/lists/Favorites-of-2017/332378

howisya
39983 posts
Fri May-12-17 07:41 AM

10. "sorry to hear it"
In response to Reply # 5

i've had some trouble falling and staying asleep lately, too, but what i'm hearing aren't hallucinations even if i don't know exactly what they are. this home is especially noisy. it's also been raining lately, and there are a lot of birds hanging out nearby that are very vocal. when i go outside sometimes i hear them start communicating with each other, so i try to give them a little acknowledgment after they collectively shat all over my car last fall.

lonesome_d
Charter member
30443 posts
Thu May-11-17 11:09 PM

6. "yo! "
In response to Reply # 0

I sleep heavily so don't tend to be bothered by this kind of thing.

The cats (back up to three now) make noise at night. lots, sometimes. I would be happier with 0. THey are cute though.

Last time Lisa spent a night in the house by herself (left vacation to go back to work a day or two early) she called me at like 10:45 to tell me she was sure something was going on in the house. She never did figure out the noise that woke her up/freaked her out.

-------
so I'm in a band now:

avy by buckshot_defunct

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79554 posts
Fri May-12-17 07:38 AM

9. "http://img-s1.onedio.com/id-5578baa106dbc85341703708/rev-0/raw/s-8249087..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://img-s1.onedio.com/id-5578baa106dbc85341703708/rev-0/raw/s-824908744eb83e3f4737c29865b6e097a3c7df1b.gif

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Somnus
Member since Jun 25th 2012
3555 posts
Fri May-12-17 08:51 AM

15. "lol"
In response to Reply # 9

The ULTIMATE negation of everything.

The space between despair and orgasm is hard to fill ~ Maron

Shogun
Member since Jun 25th 2003
3042 posts
Fri May-12-17 08:29 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "I live in a really old building. Shit shifts and creaks all night."
In response to Reply # 0

if it's windy out, I just sleep through the knows the window panes make.

and when I get up, in the morning, the floors creak like crazy. I guess that's a good thing. Nobody will ever sneak up on ya boy in the middle of the night.

Back again for the first time.

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Fri May-12-17 09:04 AM

16. "I got tramatized early in life"
In response to Reply # 0

My family put me THROUGH it when I was younger.

I remember when I was around 8, my father recorded scary noises on his tape recorder. He was slick with it because he let ten minutes pass while recording before the noises start. I would get ready to lay down for the night and he would sneak it under my bed. Ten minutes later right around when I was starting to sleep this shit would start up from under my bed and I would be too shook to even hop out and run. Talk about terrified. He would be hysterical laughing at me. This nigga once got me a Freddy Kruger pillow case when I was a kid. Who does this shit?

My aunts at around the same age were into horror movies. This was around when Freddy, Jason, and Michael Myers were at their peak. Guess who was forced to watch it with them? I saw movies at that age that most kids couldn't handle. I would be scared as shit but couldn't turn away. Know what that does to you later when its time to lay down? Every noise in the house is something coming to kill you. Every single fucking noise!

I also had a bad case of sleep paralysis. If you don't know what that is then look it up. My grandmother used to say its means a witch is on your back. It's some old folks tale. Now that fucks with you because you're half asleep half awake trying to move your body or yell out but nothing happens.

I still have the sleep paralysis thing every now and then. I don't believe in that shit anymore since I educated myself about it but I'd be lying if I told you it isn't scary as shit knowing someone is right beside you in the bed and you try to move but you can't. Honestly feels like you're about to die.

My favorite type of film are horror movies now. Go figure.

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Fri May-12-17 09:11 AM

17. "yo, wtf??"
In response to Reply # 16

that's (mildly at best) abusive i think.

Shogun
Member since Jun 25th 2003
3042 posts
Fri May-12-17 09:13 AM

18. "RIGHT?!?!?"
In response to Reply # 17

>that's (mildly at best) abusive i think.

Back again for the first time.

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Fri May-12-17 10:16 AM

19. "I have sleep paralysis as well"
In response to Reply # 16

that shit is the worst. Always feels like someone is in the room/house or right next to you just watching.

It was all about moving that toe or finger just enough to break out of it.

Now I rarely get it unless I'm sleep deprived. I always wondered if that was what a coma felt like.

your dad tho, that abuse. Who does that? My ex had a mom who put alien heads outside her window. Why scare your kid like that?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Fri May-12-17 11:19 AM

20. "I do the wiggle your toe thing all the time"
In response to Reply # 19

>It was all about moving that toe or finger just enough to
>break out of it.

That really does help if you focus on one thing and try to move it, usually what breaks me out of it. It honestly does make you wonder if that what a person in a coma feels like but all the time. If so then it must be pure torture because I can't even take it for a minute.

My fam was big on pulling pranks on each other. I don't go that far with my kid, but I will hide in a closet for 10 minutes just wait for the perfect moment to jump out and scare here. The little one can't handle scary movies at all. Guess I just grew up in a different era where kids were a bit more brave. We used to always want to watch horror joints back then. Now her little ass be walking upstairs trying to look back at the tv and shit. You know that slow ass walk where they try to be noisy and walk at the same time? Half her body be past the wall and neck still bent downstairs lookin through the rail trying to see the monster. Knowing damn well she bout to be scared later lol.

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri May-12-17 12:41 PM

21. "There's something about total darkness that scares me..."
In response to Reply # 0

like. I can walk the streets alone but being in a dark house alone hell no! I'm definitely a morning person. im settling into my new place. I can't say I'm comfortable; however, I'm doing a lot better than I thought. Last night I slept with my bedroom door open lol

who's out there

howisya
39983 posts
Fri May-12-17 03:59 PM

22. "total darkness is interesting"
In response to Reply # 21

i usually keep all my lights off at night except one in the room i'm in. when i leave the room, i sometimes turn off that light, too, and walk in the dark just because i can (i've lived in this house for nearly 10 years so i navigate it well). i also like peering in the direction with the least light at night just to see that void. it's kinda trippy.

"silence" can be trippy, too, at least for me because i've filled so much of my life with sound, especially music. other sounds then come to the fore, whether it's the hum of a laptop or refrigerator or something going on outside. those are good to listen to, too. when i got a new car a couple years ago, i avoided using the stereo for the first few days so i could listen to the car and how it interacted with the road.

lonesome_d
Charter member
30443 posts
Fri May-12-17 07:13 PM

23. "My folks recently lost a tenant because they 'sensed an evil presence'"
In response to Reply # 0

In the house. Guy claimed he was having nightmares every
Night and felt a palpable evil. Said
He woke up one night to find somebody by his bed.

It's an old house, and it makes some noise, so that I can see someone freak out there. I grew up there and never sent anything though, so I don't really get it.

-------
so I'm in a band now:

avy by buckshot_defunct

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Sun May-14-17 01:28 PM

24. "It's callled rent. Dude was prolly seeing it every night in his dreams"
In response to Reply # 23

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20759 posts
Sun May-14-17 01:46 PM

25. "Lol"
In response to Reply # 24

Lobby General Discussion topic #12556455 Previous topic | Next topic