Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12919782

Subject: "NaNoWriMo 2015" Previous topic | Next topic
MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22275 posts
Sun Nov-01-15 10:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"NaNoWriMo 2015"

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to creative writing.

On November 1, participants begin working towards the goal of writing a 50,000-word novel by 11:59 PM on November 30.

Valuing enthusiasm, determination, and a deadline, NaNoWriMo is for anyone who has ever thought about writing a novel.

Who's doing this? The wife is doing it, I may try also. I haven't written since high school.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm with y'all in spirit.
Nov 01st 2015
I've written 735 words. I hate writing
Nov 05th 2015
45,000 words in....
Nov 05th 2015
Not even trying this year.
Nov 05th 2015
check out the all new "self pub weekly" website
Nov 06th 2015

Sepia.
Member since Feb 25th 2009
12896 posts
Sun Nov-01-15 05:23 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I'm with y'all in spirit."
In response to Reply # 0

After last year's dismal performance, I accept that I have too much on my plate right now.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22275 posts
Thu Nov-05-15 12:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I've written 735 words. I hate writing"
In response to Reply # 0

I pretty much have the frame work of a story in my head, but now it comes to actually creating it.
Tiny on the other hand is kicking butt. She's taking 15 minutes a day to freestyle write and I think she's somewhere in the 3000s for word count.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Castro
Charter member
50761 posts
Thu Nov-05-15 01:41 PM

3. "45,000 words in...."
In response to Reply # 0

but it has been a couple of years....

------------------
One Hundred.

Dr_Gonzo
Member since Feb 07th 2007
1523 posts
Thu Nov-05-15 03:25 PM

4. "Not even trying this year."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm working on some poems, trying to build a routine, developing outlines, and finishing some short stories I started earlier in the year. November is always the month I make a point to refocus, whether or not I join in on NaNoWriMo.

I've got a friend in town until Thanksgiving who just wants to just chill and write while he's here. His presence is welcome, but hopefully he'll be more motivating than distracting. It's half on me, either way. Hopefully it goes well.

dapitts08
Member since Apr 03rd 2008
8204 posts
Fri Nov-06-15 09:29 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "check out the all new "self pub weekly" website"
In response to Reply # 0

designed and developed by me

it's a compilation of articles providing actionable content to help folks navigate the world of self-publishing

http://selfpubweekly.com/

it basically takes the newsletter i have been curating and expands it to a full fledged site providing more content

i was hoping to have it done by the start of nanowrimo but oh well lol

the key to happiness is not being rich;
it's doing something arduous and
creating something of value and then
being able to reflect on the fruits of your labor

Lobby General Discussion topic #12919782 Previous topic | Next topic