Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13499515

Subject: "Home projects for 2024" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
80126 posts
Mon Feb-19-24 10:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Home projects for 2024"

Apartment or home, major project or hanging up some pictures.

What you got planned for 2024?

I have a backyard that needs some serious attention. Just saw a 14x12 foot Gazebo at Costco that would look so lovely in my backyard for $2,000. Gotta pay someone to build that shit tho. First we have to get these widowmaker tree limbs and maybe a tree or 2 cut down.

Then my kitchen ceiling needs repair. Sagging like a mug.

and if I do that, might as well change out the floor and cabinets.. This is how shit never gets started once I list things off. lol

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
wife's wants new windows.
Feb 19th 2024
I want new kitchen cabinets
Feb 19th 2024
Last year was our big project year. New construction home that
Feb 19th 2024
Sinks & vanities.
Feb 20th 2024
we need new toilets
Feb 20th 2024
      easy installs, but heavy af.
Feb 20th 2024
           House is one story.. good to know
Feb 20th 2024
                good deal.
Feb 20th 2024
Adding another 150 sq ft of cement to my driveway/car park area
Feb 20th 2024

tariqhu
Charter member
17971 posts
Mon Feb-19-24 07:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "wife's wants new windows."
In response to Reply # 0

got the first estimate a couple of weeks ago. 6k!!

that was just for the upstairs.6 windows.

run the jewels.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18730 posts
Mon Feb-19-24 09:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I want new kitchen cabinets"
In response to Reply # 0

But my front steps are falling apart and now my kitchen sink is clogged and a plunger and snake haven’t been able to fix it so I gotta find a plumber.

Story of home ownership - putting off the shit I want to do, because some other shit breaks.

soulfunk
Charter member
11033 posts
Mon Feb-19-24 10:27 PM

3. "Last year was our big project year. New construction home that "
In response to Reply # 0

we had built in 2022, so 2023 was a lot of projects to get it set up. Window treatments for the whole house, smart home setup because we had it built with Ethernet throughout to he smart home ready, driveway extensions, a multilevel paver patio with built-in benches and a firepit, etc.

This year we need to get some landscaping done in the front - a couple flowerbeds with stone borders. In the inside there’s a lot of painting projects to do. We wanted to wait at least a year to paint anything because the builder’s warranty included nail pop repairs after 12 months as the house was settling. We want to do some work in the mudroom with built-in lockers/hooks and storage this year. We also want to have the garage floor finished with polyurethane.

Originally we were planning on getting to get the basement finished this year, but that stuff is WAY too expensive right now based on quotes we’ve heard from neighbors. I thought maybe we could do it in phases but I’ve heard that ends up being more expensive in the long run. So we’ll likely hold off on that for now.

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23913 posts
Tue Feb-20-24 12:52 AM

4. "Sinks & vanities."
In response to Reply # 0

All them hoes decided to act an ass at the same time.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

legsdiamond
80126 posts
Tue Feb-20-24 01:50 PM

6. "we need new toilets"
In response to Reply # 4

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tariqhu
Charter member
17971 posts
Tue Feb-20-24 02:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "easy installs, but heavy af."
In response to Reply # 6

especially if you have upstairs bathrooms.

legsdiamond
80126 posts
Tue Feb-20-24 04:08 PM

8. "House is one story.. good to know"
In response to Reply # 7

Will use youtube tutorials.

tariqhu
Charter member
17971 posts
Tue Feb-20-24 05:17 PM

9. "good deal."
In response to Reply # 8

only thing to really worry about is the o-ring, but even that's a breeze.

definitely youtube for the win.

Lach
Charter member
44339 posts
Tue Feb-20-24 10:22 AM

5. "Adding another 150 sq ft of cement to my driveway/car park area"
In response to Reply # 0

since my daughter will be graduating college this spring and coming home to live and work for the foreseeable future. We're going to need some extra parking space.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13499515 Previous topic | Next topic