Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12798249

Subject: "Prince Concert In Baltimore This Sunday...." Previous topic | Next topic
daryloneal
Member since Jan 08th 2005
9267 posts
Tue May-12-15 10:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Prince Concert In Baltimore This Sunday...."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/music/midnight-sun-blog/bal-prince-to-play-surprise-concert-in-baltimore-sunday-20150505-story.html

Prince will play a surprise "Rally 4 Peace" concert at Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore on Sunday, following the unrest last week over the death of Freddie Gray.

Other music stars are expected to join Prince and his 3RDEYEGIRL band at the Mother's Day concert, which they hope will be a "catalyst for pause and reflection following the outpouring of violence that has gripped Baltimore and areas throughout the U.S.," the announcement said.

"As a symbolic message of our shared humanity and love for one another, attendees are invited to wear something gray in tribute to all those recently lost in the violence," the announcement said.

Prince is expected to debut his protest song, written last week, entitled "Baltimore." The song has not been released, but the lyrics were posted online.

---
but have you ever checked out my website? www.dtaylorimages.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
is it a surprise if people know about it?
May 06th 2015
o.m.g!!!!!
May 06th 2015
how much are tickets cause ummm...
May 06th 2015
Not sure, no ticket info released yet, as far as I can see
May 06th 2015
didnt even look at the charity part
May 06th 2015
$22, $122, $197, $497
May 06th 2015
      I thought about it but said nah.. I ain't paying $200+ to sit in that ar...
May 06th 2015
           that venue really sucks
May 10th 2015
He wants everyone to wear all gray. Should be interesting.
May 06th 2015
RE: Prince Concert In Baltimore This Sunday....
May 06th 2015
Cool.
May 06th 2015
those $22 tickets sold out in 10 minutes...only thing left are $497 tix
May 06th 2015
bmore folks... my friend's documentary @ maryland film festival
May 06th 2015
taking my mama as a surprise for mothers day
May 07th 2015
RE: taking my mama as a surprise for mothers day
May 07th 2015
Prince teams with Jay Z's TIDAL For Baltimore gig (SWIPE)
May 08th 2015
now THIS is a dope marketing move by Jay
May 08th 2015
http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/1247829?uid=3739936&uid=246033...
May 11th 2015
Headline should read "Prince legitimizes TIDAL".
May 08th 2015
Anybody else listening to this Prince Livestram on Tidal?
May 10th 2015
RE: Anybody else listening to this Prince Livestram on Tidal?
May 10th 2015
I am
May 10th 2015
I am, been some nice surprises mixed in with the obvious & good energy
May 10th 2015
I listened to the last 40min. It was dope.
May 11th 2015
shit was ill...didnt know quest was there until i saw it on instagram
May 11th 2015
Listening to the stream kinda made me wish..
May 11th 2015
      my wife who is a prince stan.said he seemed like he was genuinely excite...
May 11th 2015
      the one and dance electric
May 11th 2015
           this is the main thing that prevented me from going:
May 11th 2015
                i wish i'd known
May 11th 2015
                     I saw Sade there a couple of years ago and vowed to never do it again..
May 11th 2015
                     OMG! I didn't even know it was Estelle until she posted on Twitter
May 12th 2015

Fishgrease
Member since Feb 13th 2006
34460 posts
Wed May-06-15 07:07 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "is it a surprise if people know about it? "
In response to Reply # 0

I hate writers at times.

---------------------------------------
blog: www.wonderfullyhorrible.blogspot.com
instagram: Fishgrease
twitter: wooly_caesar
Podcast www.soundcloud.com/circlegang

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Wed May-06-15 07:42 AM

2. "o.m.g!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

too excited!!

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
80140 posts
Wed May-06-15 09:06 AM

3. "how much are tickets cause ummm... "
In response to Reply # 0

ionno, proceeds going to charity?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

daryloneal
9267 posts
Wed May-06-15 09:19 AM

4. "Not sure, no ticket info released yet, as far as I can see"
In response to Reply # 3

---

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Wed May-06-15 09:06 PM

8. "didnt even look at the charity part"
In response to Reply # 3

i was more concerned about PRINCE!!!

but now that you mentioned that.....

which charities? and toward what goal..
(as though that will change the fact that.. PRINCE!!

i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

Mahogany
Charter member
56697 posts
Wed May-06-15 09:15 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "$22, $122, $197, $497"
In response to Reply # 3

He should've just said he was having a concert and left it at that. I know those $22 seats sold out fast...they were probably nosebleed seats anyway

BUY SOMETHING PLEASE ---> www.estherwoovintage.com

"people... please refrain from gnr'ing me. im an avid lol'er and am completely fine wit the service."

"Im just a dreamer,
turned true to life leaner...
Born to do good so others can be believers"

daryloneal
9267 posts
Wed May-06-15 09:37 PM

10. "I thought about it but said nah.. I ain't paying $200+ to sit in that ar..."
In response to Reply # 9

Not even for Prince.

*Turns up iPod*

---

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Sun May-10-15 11:23 PM

22. "that venue really sucks"
In response to Reply # 10

great show tho

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Wed May-06-15 09:44 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "He wants everyone to wear all gray. Should be interesting."
In response to Reply # 0

Strangeways
Member since Jul 10th 2007
1988 posts
Wed May-06-15 06:52 PM

6. "RE: Prince Concert In Baltimore This Sunday...."
In response to Reply # 0

that is just great.....he really cares a whole lot for the black community. I smiled and said AMEN when he announced just like books and BLACK LIVES, albums still matter at the grammy awards.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed May-06-15 08:37 PM

7. "Cool. "
In response to Reply # 0

"And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." ~ 2 Tim 2:4

Castro
Charter member
50761 posts
Wed May-06-15 09:38 PM

11. "those $22 tickets sold out in 10 minutes...only thing left are $497 tix"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------
One Hundred.

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Wed May-06-15 09:49 PM

12. "bmore folks... my friend's documentary @ maryland film festival"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed May-06-15 09:53 PM by akon

check it out if you can.
its about the conflict in the nuba mountains in sudan.... but is not really about the conflict but people's resilience through music
its pretty good
(as biased as i am... i get a shout out in the credits!!)
it kind of touches on one of the things i love most about sudan (and south): the people
oh and features the amazing alsarah (brooklyn based: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPOnonHh6a4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaHStfQvjvI)

beats of the antonov
May 08, 2015, 04:00 PM at MICA Lazarus Graduate Studio Center
May 10, 12.00pm at same venue

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fi3ronTd3xg#t=0

http://africasacountry.com/new-film-beats-of-the-antonov-unlike-anything-i-have-ever-seen/

excerps
"Instead of a dry journalistic account of the ongoing Sudanese conflict however, the film is a deep exploration of a nation in an identity crisis, with its ruling elite pushing an Arab nationalist identity onto a diverse African citizenry. The title of the film makes a correlation between the bombs of oppression and the resilience of culture, the music of a people and the suffering they endure.

The film uses a non-linear narrative style, not following any particular series of events, but rather is a collection of vignettes, many of which spring from spontaneous jam sessions in refugee camps.

“The music sounded different than any other Sudanese music I had ever heard before, because they were made from found objects in the refugee camp,”

“They created this contraption where they connected home made instruments to an old radio. They had created a new sound. It was amazing, and this is why I made the film; I fell in love with the music. It’s Sudanese music, but it’s a unique mixture of Sudanese traditional music that was born in a refugee camp.

In addition to head bopping jam sessions with instruments made of pipes, plates and old tires, some of the most compelling music in the film is the genre of “girl’s music” sung by the young women in the region. They are both oral history and snapshots of modern life. One of the songs deals with young men who are really just teenagers being sent to fight in the Sudanese Liberation Army, with haunting lyrics like “those boots are too big for you.”

The film also takes a long hard look at what it means to be Sudanese today, and confronts the Arabization of Sudanese identity, an ideological displacement running as an undercurrent to the physical displacement of the refugees in Sudan. “Bashir himself is not that identity he wants to be,” ...“Very few people fit this image of what is Sudanese. You have this fake image and 5% of the population fit it, and then you have 95% of people who are trying to fit it.”

MzOnyxVI
Charter member
5146 posts
Thu May-07-15 11:08 AM

13. "taking my mama as a surprise for mothers day"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm excited

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Thu May-07-15 11:17 AM

14. "RE: taking my mama as a surprise for mothers day"
In response to Reply # 13

>i'm excited

Damn good gift.....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Fri May-08-15 07:23 AM

15. "Prince teams with Jay Z's TIDAL For Baltimore gig (SWIPE)"
In response to Reply # 0

Hmmm....so P actually did it. The Baltimore gig for Freddie will be live streamed on TIDAL. Looks like those rumors of Jay and B showing up might just happen.....

-----

SWIPEY SWIPE: Press Release....

NEW YORK, May 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Today TIDAL announced, on Sunday, May 10, 2015, it will live stream audio from Prince & 3RDEYEGIRL's Mother's Day Rally 4 Peace benefit concert, pre-pay wall, during its TIDAL X: Baltimore event. TIDAL will be the exclusive destination to hear this historic live concert. Following a month of unrest, the Rally 4 Peace is meant to be a catalyst for pause and reflection following the outpouring of violence that has gripped Baltimore and areas throughout the US. Details surfaced last week about a protest song titled "Baltimore" Prince recently recorded in response to the civil unrest. The song was written following the death of 25-year old Freddie Gray and is a tribute to all of the people of Baltimore.

The live stream will provide an opportunity for all people globally to experience the music and participate in a cultural moment that can inspire, motivate and provoke changes in our current climate. TIDAL's work to build a creative artist space made it appealing to the global superstar who has always supported a visionary approach.

"TIDAL has the ability to create experiences that bring people together," said Vania Schlogel, Senior Executive for TIDAL. "We are privileged to partner with Prince so that people everywhere can share in this moment for healing and unity to support Baltimore youth through the power of music. Our dream is to be able to provide a limitless platform for all artists."

"I am honored to join Prince in his mission to inspire through the uniting power of music and be able to offer a platform where this moment can be shared globally. We invite all to experience the music and contribute in their own way to promote peace, tolerance and understanding," added JAY Z. "Our prayers go out to Freddie Gray's family and every family affected by brutality and senseless violence."

Fans and supporters can listen to TIDAL X: Baltimore by going to www.TIDAL.com. Alongside the free 60min audio stream, TIDAL's homepage will feature a "match funds" donation button to support local Baltimore youth charities. TIDAL is also providing the opportunity to support and donate to The Baltimore Justice Fund, whose mission it is to end racial discrimination, create schools that are welcoming and safe, reduce the impact of drug addiction and eliminate police brutality in Baltimore. All can donate at www.osi-baltimore.org.

Tickets for Sunday's show at Royal Farms Arena went on sale Wednesday. A portion of all proceeds will benefit Baltimore youth charities. As a symbolic message of shared humanity and love for one another, concertgoers are invited to wear something gray to the family-friendly Mother's Day event.

About TIDAL
TIDAL is an innovative platform to experience and discover music from artists around the world, enjoy access to exclusive and curated content, and connect and share with artists. TIDAL is available in 35 countries with a 25 million song catalog, and more than 75,000 high quality videos. The service offers high-fidelity CD sound quality, high quality video, expertly curated content and unique experiences

About TIDAL X
TIDAL X gives fans the opportunity to connect with their favorite artists and witness unique experiences. From intimate performances, meet-and-greets, and even dinner with artists, the possibilities for TIDAL X users are endless. TIDAL X experiences showcase and support artists of all levels, giving them a platform to connect with their most loyal fans around the globe exclusively through TIDAL.

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
80140 posts
Fri May-08-15 07:40 AM

16. "now THIS is a dope marketing move by Jay"
In response to Reply # 15

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

philpot
Member since Apr 01st 2007
21673 posts
Mon May-11-15 09:03 AM

25. "http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/1247829?uid=3739936&uid=246033..."
In response to Reply # 16
Mon May-11-15 09:06 AM by philpot

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/1247829?uid=3739936&uid=2460338175&uid=2460337855&uid=2&uid=4&uid=83&uid=63&uid=3739256&sid=21106363458651

http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/30526/6-Propaganda-Tactics-to-Empower-Your-Marketing.aspx

nipsey
Charter member
9924 posts
Fri May-08-15 08:48 AM

17. "Headline should read "Prince legitimizes TIDAL"."
In response to Reply # 15

While Jay Z has an exclusive TIDAL concert to promote TIDAL, Prince live streams his charity concert.

Last 3 things I watched:

The Changeling Season 1 (Apple+): C
OMITB Season 3 (Hulu): B-
Ahsoka Season 1 (Disney

nipsey
Charter member
9924 posts
Sun May-10-15 07:58 PM

18. "Anybody else listening to this Prince Livestram on Tidal?"
In response to Reply # 0

Last 3 things I watched:

The Changeling Season 1 (Apple+): C
OMITB Season 3 (Hulu): B-
Ahsoka Season 1 (Disney

j_bhadra
Charter member
2381 posts
Sun May-10-15 08:16 PM

19. "RE: Anybody else listening to this Prince Livestram on Tidal?"
In response to Reply # 18

I am - and it's cool.

http://www.soundcloud.com/jaydeep-bhadra

MME
Charter member
11940 posts
Sun May-10-15 08:20 PM

20. "I am"

>

FUCK DONALD TRUMP

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sun May-10-15 10:11 PM

21. "I am, been some nice surprises mixed in with the obvious & good energy"

https://soundcloud.com/matt-koelling-666011203

www.somethinginthewudder.com

https://twitter.com/nostrabombus

https://www.facebook.com/matt.koelling.96

https://www.instagram.com/something_in_the_wudder/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-koelling-438a80

daryloneal
9267 posts
Mon May-11-15 08:33 AM

23. "I listened to the last 40min. It was dope."

Stream was pretty good quality too.

---

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16813 posts
Mon May-11-15 08:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
24. "shit was ill...didnt know quest was there until i saw it on instagram"
In response to Reply # 0

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

daryloneal
9267 posts
Mon May-11-15 09:06 AM

26. "Listening to the stream kinda made me wish.."
In response to Reply # 24

I would have gone ahead and got the tickets. He seemed to be in rare form from what I heard.

---

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16813 posts
Mon May-11-15 09:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
27. "my wife who is a prince stan.said he seemed like he was genuinely excite..."
In response to Reply # 26

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Mon May-11-15 10:00 AM

28. "the one and dance electric"
In response to Reply # 26
Mon May-11-15 10:02 AM by akon

- never heard these live before
that was more than enough for me

and the much love shown to bmore
although the part of the song about bmore that i like the most wasnt played
(the no justice no peace part)
oh and doug e fresh

that shitty ass venue tho-
basically means i have to catch him elsewhere

daryloneal
9267 posts
Mon May-11-15 10:02 AM

29. "this is the main thing that prevented me from going:"
In response to Reply # 28

>that shitty ass venue tho-
>basically means i have to catch him elsewhere

Couldn't see myself paying $200+ to sit in that arena, even for Prince

---

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Mon May-11-15 10:04 AM

30. "i wish i'd known"
In response to Reply # 29
Mon May-11-15 10:06 AM by akon

that venue isnt worth it if you arent on the floor
- i shouldve gotten floor seats

oh and i forgot to mention
estelle sucked. like she really fcuked up purple rain

daryloneal
9267 posts
Mon May-11-15 10:06 AM

31. "I saw Sade there a couple of years ago and vowed to never do it again.."
In response to Reply # 30

if I wasn't on the floor.

---

MzOnyxVI
Charter member
5146 posts
Tue May-12-15 07:36 AM

32. "OMG! I didn't even know it was Estelle until she posted on Twitter"
In response to Reply # 30

She was horrible.

We were like, "please get this lady off the stage. we want Prince! we want Prince!"

Concert was dope though.

My mama and I had a ball.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12798249 Previous topic | Next topic