Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #191214

Subject: "Jill Scott - ‘Who Is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1’ Concert" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13927 posts
Sat Nov-26-22 09:35 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Jill Scott - ‘Who Is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1’ Concert"

https://www.vibe.com/news/events/jill-scott-who-is-jill-scott-words-sounds-2023-concert-1234713707/

HOME
NEWS
EVENTS

Jill Scott Announces ‘Who Is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1’ Concert

An album anniversary tour was previously cut short due to the coronavirus pandemic.

BY DEMICIA INMAN

NOVEMBER 22, 2022 2:12PM

Jill Scott is returning to the stage. The Neo-soul singer announced a concert celebrating the anniversary of her 2000 debut album Who Is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1. Scott previously announced the tour for the 20th anniversary of the project in 2020 until the coronavirus pandemic stopped her plans.

Now, a special show is scheduled for June 23, 2023 at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. On Instagram, the Philadelphia native also teased a makeup tour.

“Yessss LA. I’m coming back on stage with my peoples for voo! June 22, 2023 at the Hollywood Bowl,” wrote the Grammy Award-winning singer. “Matter of fact, should we just go on the road?? You tell me where…”

“It’s the honest stories and the timing. The album is sistah strong yet vulnerable and filled with love,” Scott shared of Who Is Jill Scott Vol. 1 with Billboard ahead of the attempted tour in 2020.

“I’m going to be true to the album set list. I’ll do every song in the order of the album. My audience should bring their CD covers; some may know the list by heart. I will create musical arrangements for the songs purposed with new energy, but keep the integrity of the original songs they love. Expect theater. Expect incredible musicianship. Expect love.”

Who Is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1 was released by the soulful vocalist on July 18, 2000. The album debuted at No. 168 on the Billboard 200 and eventually peaked at No. 17 in March 2001. It featured the singles “Gettin’ in the Way,” “A Long Walk” and “The Way,” as well as the talents of Black Thought and others.

Tickets for the “Golden” singer’s show at the Hollywood Bowl go on sale Tuesday, Nov. 22, at 10 a.m. PT, on the concert venue’s official website.

https://www.hollywoodbowl.com/events/performances/2283/2023-06-22/jill-scott

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
It's a full tour starting in March 2023 in Macon, GA - OKP (Instagram)
Dec 06th 2022

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13927 posts
Tue Dec-06-22 05:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "It's a full tour starting in March 2023 in Macon, GA - OKP (Instagram)"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.okayplayer.com/music/jill-scott-to-celebrate-the-23rd-anniversary-of-her-debut-album-with-a-tour.html

Jill Scott to Celebrate the 23rd Anniversary of Her Debut Album With a Tour

MUSIC - 1 DAY AGO

JAELANI TURNER-WILLIAMS

Jaelani Turner-Williams is a contributing news writer for Okayplayer

From March to July of next year, Jill Scott will hold a 23rd anniversary tour dedicated to Who is Jill Scott? Words & Vol. 1.
Jill Scott is giving her 2000 debut Who is Jill Scott? Words & Vol. 1 another anniversary tour. After Scott’s 2020 tour for the 20th anniversary of her debut ended prematurely due to the pandemic, the Philadelphia-raised singer has announced that the tour will resume in 2023. Produced by Live Nation, the tour will run in over 20 markets across the country, with multi-show residencies at Washington, D.C.’s MGM National Harbor on Mother’s Day weekend and The MET Philadelphia.

“My band and I were so excited three years ago, but that damn COVID shut us down,” said Scott in a statement. “Now, we outside! Come see me. Come feel again. Relive your favorite moments. Ya’ll ready to settle down and get with this?!? It’s a lot of love here.”

Neo-soul group Moonchild were featured as opening acts on Scott’s 20th anniversary tour, but it appears that the group will not return for Scott’s new shows. Along with taking part in a Verzuz battle with Erykah Badu in 2020, the same year, Scott launched “Jill Scott Presents: J.ill the Podcast” with co-hosts Laiya St.Clair and Aja Graydon-Dantzler.

General public tickets for Scott’s tour go on sale Friday, December 9 at 10 AM local time. Check the singer’s website for updates. Read the full tour dates below.

(Parentheses for dates taken from Jill Scott tour Instagram post - not the OKP swipe)

Tue Feb 28 — Augusta, GA — Bell Auditorium

Thu Mar 02 — Macon, GA — City Auditorium at Macon Centreplex

Sat Mar 04 — Columbia, SC — The Township Auditorium

Tue Mar 07 — Jacksonville, FL — Moran Theater

Thu Mar 16 — Philadelphia, PA — The Met

Sat Mar 18 — Philadelphia, PA — The Met

Thu Mar 23 — Brooklyn, NY — Kings Theatre

Mon Mar 27 — Newark, NJ — New Jersey Performing Arts Center

(March 29 - Boston, MA - MGM Music Hall at Fenway)

(March 31 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre)

(April 1 - Cleveland, OH - MGM Northfield Park)

Sun Apr 23 — Nashville, TN — Nashville Municipal Auditorium

Wed Apr 26 — Memphis, TN — Orpheum Theatre

Fri Apr 28 — Chattanooga, TN — Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Auditorium

Wed May 03 — Savannah, GA — Johnny Mercer Theatre

Fri May 05 — Greensboro, NC — Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts

Sat May 06 — Atlanta, GA — Cadence Bank Amphitheatre at Chastain Park

(May 09 - Charlotte, NC - Belk Theatre)

Thu May 11 — Washington DC — The Theater at MGM National Harbor

Sun May 14 — Washington DC — The Theater at MGM National Harbor

(June 22 - Los Angeles, CA - HollyWood Bowl

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #191214 Previous topic | Next topic