Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #191122

Subject: "Chris Rock On Why ‘Purple Rain’ Is The Greatest Album Of All-Time..." Previous topic | Next topic
okpdan
Member since Aug 12th 2003
2452 posts
Wed Oct-29-14 10:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Chris Rock On Why ‘Purple Rain’ Is The Greatest Album Of All-Time..."

http://www.okayplayer.com/news/chris-rock-purple-rain-greatest-album-of-all-time.html

discuss

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Chris Rock On Why ‘Purple Rain’ Is The Greatest Album Of All-Tim...
Dec 09th 2014
Dec 10th 2014
Dec 14th 2014
While I Agree About Purple Rain
Dec 31st 2015

mshearer87
Member since Jun 27th 2002
265 posts
Tue Dec-09-14 01:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Chris Rock On Why ‘Purple Rain’ Is The Greatest Album Of All-Tim..."
In response to Reply # 0

On whatever podcast Chris Rock and ?uestlove were on together, he said Kanye's My Beautiful is the best record of all time...interesting he went back to Prince here.

TR808
Member since Oct 24th 2012
2012 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 11:27 AM

2. "RE: Chris Rock On Why ‘Purple Rain’ Is The Greatest Album Of All-Tim..."
In response to Reply # 0

My beef with Chris Rock is why he hates on Baby Be Mine... which is one of my favorite joints on Thriller..

You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

PlayClothes
Member since May 29th 2009
79 posts
Sun Dec-14-14 11:24 AM

3. "RE: Chris Rock On Why ‘Purple Rain’ Is The Greatest Album Of All-Tim..."
In response to Reply # 0

?uestlove and chris rock. that's internet gold. Purple Rain is pretty amazing. But Thriller is the pinnacle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Top 5. Telling. But Telling on who? Tyler Perry, Kevin Hart... If a cat has kittens in the oven, does that make them biscuits? And if a Black star gets mega laughs in the movie theater does that make him a ... >> http://bit.ly/Top5pavShakur

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Thu Dec-31-15 06:35 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "While I Agree About Purple Rain"
In response to Reply # 0

...I will say that "Thriller" didn't have any bad songs, on it, I will say "Baby Be Mine" was & is good enough for radio back then (AM radio) and today (those flackback stations) but it is kind of the least liked song on it but damn that album basically was a bible to how pop artists afterwards should make an album where every song could be a single.

I remember when the album/soundtrack for Purple Rain, I had it on cassette and listened to it that summer of '84, I didn't see the movie until eight or nine years later and it all made sense cause I had a pic of what the movie was like just from the songs; but that album was pretty dope and still a classic (so is the movie), I was listening to hip-hop & new wave rock back more than anything else but like Chris Rock said in an era when rap music was in demand you could still play a Prince joint in the mix.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #191122 Previous topic | Next topic