Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #188285

Subject: "dear roots.....thank you" Previous topic | Next topic
aslan21
Charter member
645 posts
Thu Jun-24-10 06:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"dear roots.....thank you"

questlove and BT,

it's so rare for a collective of artists to just be on a whole different level these days...everywhere else you look whether it be new artists or older artists attempting a comeback, its gimmicks, or playing to the masses, or a carbon copy of someone or something that came before.....
the roots are so original, so unapologetic, so humble, so relevant at a time when its just so damn easy to not put out a quality product.........
and they sound so damn good!

blackthought, you have always been underrated and underappreciated, and you are finally getting more respect. there is no other mc out who is as socially relevant anymore as you. you have become the james brown/marvin gaye of hiphop. your delivery, wordplay, stage presence are unmatched

quest, you are the brains and the preservation behind the evolution of this group.........be proud!

a standing ovation as i tip my cap to the greatest group of all time.......

thank you for this album and the continued legendary product that you have always put out

god bless

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: dear roots.....thank you
Jun 26th 2010

KLAP215
Member since Jun 21st 2009
117 posts
Sat Jun-26-10 03:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: dear roots.....thank you"
In response to Reply # 0

Great post!!!! Once again The Roots have dropped another classic album!!!! Ive been a fan of The Roots since 93-94 when my brother PROBE R.I.P. 1976-1997 brought home the single "Distortion to static" and we became fans of The legendary Roots crew instantly!!! I feel a personal connection to The Roots because of all The classic shows Ive seen thourgh the years... all the classic albums... and of course being from and still in ILLadelphia! HIGO is a materpiece!!!!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #188285 Previous topic | Next topic