Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #187999

Subject: "Erykah Badu's CANCELLED Nashville / Ryman show WTF?" Previous topic | Next topic
JimmyJon
Member since Jul 29th 2005
317 posts
Thu May-20-10 09:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Erykah Badu's CANCELLED Nashville / Ryman show WTF?"

So, I buy tickets for Badu at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville for Sunday June 6th. Then the next day ticketmaster tells me it has been rescheduled to Sunday August 15th. That sucks, but OK. It'll be worth the wait. I've been waiting since she blew my mind there on st. patty's day 2004.

Now, ticketmaster tells me that the show is cancelled completely, with no explanation. Now her tour just ends the day before that in Atlanta..

WTF!??????

Erykah, can I at least get a reason.. scheduling conflict, pregnant again.. something kind of excuse. I'm really bummed out here in the middle of Kentucky.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
that's f*cked up.
May 20th 2010
RE: I went to see her in B-More
May 24th 2010
I don't think Ryman is even talking about refunds. I'm mad.
May 25th 2010
RE: I don't think Ryman is even talking about refunds. I'm mad.
May 28th 2010

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10119 posts
Thu May-20-10 11:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "that's f*cked up."
In response to Reply # 0

i wonder why the show was cancelled. hopefully it's not a sign of things to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove

ya Setshego
Charter member
4259 posts
Mon May-24-10 03:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: I went to see her in B-More"
In response to Reply # 1

on sunday, only to find out that that show has been re-scheduled for NEXT week. The d**n venue did not even have signs up announcing the change! I don't know whether to blame her people, or the venue, but I know I was PISSED like a muhf***a after coming out in the rain, and being one of 3 people at the venue. Supposedly, the change was announced a month ago, but I bought my tickets LESS than a mo. ago, on ticketmaster, which had no mention of any date change. PLUS, yesterday's date is what was advertised on the radio. It sounds like her tour schedule was poorly planned this time, and she is scrambling to make it right, at the inconvenience of her fans.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oooo baby I like it raw. Oooo baby I like it RAAAW!(c)ODB- Shimmy Shimmy Ya

mr_graff
Member since Jan 25th 2006
4147 posts
Tue May-25-10 06:31 PM

3. "I don't think Ryman is even talking about refunds. I'm mad."
In response to Reply # 0

JimmyJon
Member since Jul 29th 2005
317 posts
Fri May-28-10 11:23 AM

4. "RE: I don't think Ryman is even talking about refunds. I'm mad."
In response to Reply # 3

ticketmaster refuned my money automatically, except they kept $5 of it for fees...

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #187999 Previous topic | Next topic