Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #187962

Subject: "The Boondocks Cartoon Claims #1 Spot With 2010 Season 3" Previous topic | Next topic
seetee
Member since May 11th 2010
2 posts
Tue May-11-10 06:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Boondocks Cartoon Claims #1 Spot With 2010 Season 3"

"Black" by popular demand, Aaron McGruder's popular Adult Swim animated series, 'The Boondocks,' recently shattered several all-time series ratings records during its Season 3 premiere.

According to Nielsen Media Research, the Peabody Award-winning animated series nailed the Cartoon Network segments best ratings for an original series in over a year netting in 2.55 million total viewers, not to mention landing an all-time series high for the show.

In addition, 'The Boondocks' currently leads other shows within its time slot amongst adults 18-34, adults 18-24, men 18-34 and men 18-24 making Adult Swim the #1 ad-supported cable network among key young adult demographics.

Fans who can't seem to get enough of the critically acclaimed show can also own uncensored episodes via iTunes. Each episode is available for purchase for $2.99 12 hours following its network premiere.

Although the hit series took a two-year hiatus and was originally supposed to return in March, some felt the show was being mishandled and is not reaching its potential.

Regina King, who voices the characters Huey and Riley Freeman, told the BV Newswire, "I am so happy that it is coming back ... I wish there was some Web site that people could send to Sony ... and say 'What are you doing?'"

"'Boondocks could be so bigger than what it is," the 'Southland' actress added. "If I had the money to buy 'The Boondocks' off Sony, I would because all of you would be wearing 'Boondocks' T-shirts and there would be Huey and Riley dolls. I would capitalize off of that, and I would be a very rich woman."

Well, it's #1 and breaking records now. And that's not too shabby.

'The Boondocks' airs every Sunday at 11:30 PM/ET.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: The Boondocks Cartoon Claims #1 Spot With 2010 Season 3
May 17th 2010
RE: The Boondocks Cartoon Claims #1 Spot With 2010 Season 3
May 20th 2010

BlackStar34
Charter member
669 posts
Mon May-17-10 01:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: The Boondocks Cartoon Claims #1 Spot With 2010 Season 3"
In response to Reply # 0

And this is supposed to be the Final Season I heard, this is maaadness! I know some people like to go out on top, but let's at least take to a Season 5...

...I'm from harlem, the North-Side of Manhattan / We knock niggas out and make 'em bounce like Ricky Hatton - Immortal Technique

Touch This if you go to school in Illadelph: www.campusphilly.org

Can we get a Roots and De La Soul collab?

booty-gif-dot-com
Member since May 20th 2010
1 posts
Thu May-20-10 08:30 PM

2. "RE: The Boondocks Cartoon Claims #1 Spot With 2010 Season 3"
In response to Reply # 0

for me this show replaced my fix for the Chapelle show. im hearing this will be the 3rd and final one but i hope thats not true, this show spoofs modern black culture like no one else can! its needed badly!

Booty Gif Dot Com

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #187962 Previous topic | Next topic