Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #187295

Subject: "Fly Gypsy flips Birdman's "I Want It All" with Rob Base's sample, more. ..." Previous topic | Next topic
unitedminds
Charter member
23 posts
Thu Feb-04-10 03:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Fly Gypsy flips Birdman's "I Want It All" with Rob Base's sample, more. ..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWFT9WvnlFE

Here's the write-up from DJBooth.net (it's currently #3 on their indie chart):

Judging by Booth feedback on the Cash Money head honcho’s past features, many are of the opinion that Birdman‘s records succeed in spite of, not because of the headliner’s contributions. Here to put that hypothesis to the test are Alexei Jendayi and Kowboy Kom of D.C. duo Fly Gypsy, bringing us the world premiere of the first leak off their forthcoming ‘remixtape’ – a Birdman-less version of Pricele$$ track I Want It All. Over Alexei’s tweaked take on Kevin Rudolf and Arrowstar‘s synth-scorching beat (fortified with a sample from Rob Base & DJ E Z Rock’s It Takes Two,) Kom delivers hard-partying opening and closing bars, boasting “I get stupid, I mean outrageous/ I can make the flu sick, we mix contagious.” Complete with Weezy F. Baby‘s off-the-wall middle verse, this revamp’s got all the makings of a smash, but I’ll let readers have the final say on how it stacks up against the original. Set to drop in March at this year’s SXSW festival, Fly Gypsy’s FG*XL:remixtape will feature flipped versions of tracks by Wale, Snoop, Radiohead and more. Stay tuned for more leaks in the weeks ahead!

Read more: http://www.djbooth.net/index/tracks/review/fly-gypsy-want-all-rmx/#ixzz0ebN0lXCe

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #187295 Previous topic | Next topic