Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #187119

Subject: "Mos Def & Puffy (P Diddy)" Previous topic | Next topic
porkchop526
Member since Oct 31st 2005
36 posts
Mon Jan-18-10 08:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Mos Def & Puffy (P Diddy)"

There is no punchline to that... I never thought I would see them both take the same stage, but it came to fruition last night at the Highline Ballroom. It was actually while Jay Electronica was during a couple of verses that he insisted that Puff come on stage, as we got treated to his adlibs of "take that" and "as we proceed."Other notables- Talib Kweli and Russel Simmons in the crowd/VIP. Dope show, especially with Mos doing Casa Bey on drums while rapping at the same time. Questlove better watch out! ha

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Mos Def & Puffy (P Diddy)
Jan 19th 2010
Diddy was also at The Ecstatic tour in NYC last year.
Jan 19th 2010
and he was lovin every minute of Mos' set.
Jan 22nd 2010
puff likes whatever sounds good..
Feb 03rd 2010

MotorcityRob
Member since Mar 13th 2003
130 posts
Tue Jan-19-10 12:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Mos Def & Puffy (P Diddy)"
In response to Reply # 0

I wasn't surprised. Back when Mos was working on the Black Jack Johnson project I remember Puff being in the crowd at a show at the Bowery Ballroom.

HighVoltage
Member since Jan 04th 2004
16583 posts
Tue Jan-19-10 03:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Diddy was also at The Ecstatic tour in NYC last year."
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.itsallthewaylive.net

www.twitter.com/allthewaylive

sweeneykovar
Member since Oct 26th 2004
10122 posts
Fri Jan-22-10 01:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "and he was lovin every minute of Mos' set."
In response to Reply # 2

Nathaniel
Charter member
9962 posts
Wed Feb-03-10 03:24 PM

4. "puff likes whatever sounds good.."
In response to Reply # 0

that I'll say..consistently..now whether he puts dollars behind it is another deal...

King James Bible states in (1st Corinthians 14:8-9)-"..Again, If the trumpet does NOT sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?..So it is with you."

For an audible glimpse of my sound, click here: http://www.zshare.net/audio/9549455779abe02a/

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #187119 Previous topic | Next topic