Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #187102

Subject: "New Amerykah PT 2 Delayed?" Previous topic | Next topic
legrand
Member since Oct 25th 2003
359 posts
Fri Jan-15-10 03:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"New Amerykah PT 2 Delayed?"

http://www.rap-up.com/2010/01/14/erykah-badus-new-amerykah-delayed/

can anyone here confirm this?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
not surprised at all...
Jan 15th 2010
RE: not surprised at all...
Jan 20th 2010
      NEW AMERYKAH, PART II: RETURN OF THE ANKH IN STORES MARCH 30, 2010
Jan 21st 2010
           RE: NEW AMERYKAH, PART II: RETURN OF THE ANKH IN STORES MARCH 30, 2010
Jan 30th 2010
from her Web site today:
Jan 29th 2010
Can't Wait
Feb 01st 2010

da_illest_one
Member since Apr 09th 2005
1761 posts
Fri Jan-15-10 09:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "not surprised at all..."
In response to Reply # 0

most likely its not even coming out this year. I'm tired of waiting for new music by some artist....

On The Lookout 4:
some new music. WTF is going on this year?

sopi
Member since Aug 25th 2006
141 posts
Wed Jan-20-10 06:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: not surprised at all..."
In response to Reply # 1

Today on Twitter: 03/30/2010

Blany
Member since Aug 30th 2008
14 posts
Thu Jan-21-10 05:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "NEW AMERYKAH, PART II: RETURN OF THE ANKH IN STORES MARCH 30, 2010"
In response to Reply # 2

(January 21, 2010, New York, NY) – Universal Motown Records multi-platinum-selling, Grammy-winning singer-songwriter-actress ERYKAH BADU announced via Twitter that she will release her fifth studio album, New Amerykah, Part II: Return of the Ankh, on March 30, 2010. The new album is the singer’s hotly anticipated follow-up to her critically acclaimed 2008 disc, New Amerykah, Part I: 4th World War.

In contrast to New Amerykah, Part I: 4th World War, which was digitally produced and political in tone, New Amerykah Part II: Return of the Ankh features lush live instrumentation and taps into Badu’s emotional side by thematically focusing on romance and relationships. “With Part I, I was standing at an apex, looking at what was going on around me politically, socially, and economically,” Badu explained. “With Part II, I’m hovering over me, looking at what’s going on inside of me.”

New Amerykah Part II: Return of the Ankh features contributions from some of the most talented, groundbreaking, underground producers and engineers in the hip-hop game, including Grammy winners 9th Wonder and James Poyser, eclectic soul singer Bilal, and the late J Dilla. “We used a lot of analog instruments—harps, strings, drums, piano, and even a Theremin—to give the album that sonic feel,” said Badu. “There’s a strong undercurrent of bottom, a rumbling to these songs that feels good to me. It feels like a hug.”

The press is already raving about New Amerykah Part II: Return of the Ankh, one of the most anticipated albums of 2010. The Wall Street Journal’s Speakeasy blog calls it “a throwback to her 1997 debut, ‘Baduizm,’ with a more acoustic feel” while Vibe.com says, “Badu delivers an album that offers the emotional highs, lows and maddening complexities of being involved in a romantic relationship.” Additionally, Okayplayer.com writes, “The album is dope,” and Suite903.com declares, “The new album is beyond amazing.”

ERYKAH BADU, a Dallas native, emerged in 1997 with her masterpiece debut album, Baduizm, as a primal force of nature connecting old school soul with contemporary R&B. The album garnered her numerous award nominations, including two Grammys (Best Female R&B Vocal, Best R&B Album) and multiple top spots on critics’ Best-Of-The-Year Lists. In 2000, she followed up with the critically acclaimed platinum-selling album, Mama’s Gun. In 2003, the EP World Wide Underground was awarded Gold certification.

Track Listing for New Amerykah, Part II: Return of the Ankh:
1. “20 Feet Tall”Produced by Erykah Badu and 9th Wonder.
2. “Window Seat”Produced by Erykah Badu and James Poyser. Featuring Ahmir ”?uestove” Thompson (drums), Stephen “Thundercat” Bruner (bass), James Poyser (keys), Kirsten Agnesta (harp).
3. “Agitation” Produced by Erykah Badu and Shafiq Husayn of SA-RA Creative Partners.
4. “Get Money” Produced by Erykah Badu and Karieem Riggins (drums), Stephen “Thundercat” Bruner (bass), James Poyser (keys), Tommy Trajlio (guitar), Mike “Chav” Chavarria (mooger fooger). Contains an interpolation of “Can’t Turn Me Away,” by Sylvia Strippling.
5. “Don’t Be Long” Produced by Erykah Badu and Taarak.
6. “Love” Produced by Erykah Badu and J Dilla.
7. “Umm Hmm” Produced by Erykah Badu and Madlib.
8. “Fall in Love” Produced by Erykah Badu and Karieem Riggins. Contains a sample of “Intimate Friends” by Eddie Kendricks.
9. “Incense” (Instrumental)Produced by Erykah Badu and Madlib featuring Kirsten Agnesta (harp).
10. “Out My Mind Just in Time (Part 1) (Undercover Over-Lover)” Produced by Erykah Badu featuring James Poyser (keys).
11. “Out My Mind Just in Time (Part 2)” Produced by Erykah Badu and Georgia Ann Muldrow.
• Bonus Web-Only Track: “Jump In The Air,” featuring Lil Wayne and Bilal
Produced by Erykah Badu, RC Williams and Jahborn. Contains an interpolation of “Hydraulic Pump” by Parliament Funkadelic.

Skeet
Member since Aug 16th 2003
552 posts
Sat Jan-30-10 12:35 PM

5. "RE: NEW AMERYKAH, PART II: RETURN OF THE ANKH IN STORES MARCH 30, 2010"
In response to Reply # 3

So Out of my mind part 3 wont be on the album?

Positive Energy Activates Creative Elevation.... PEACE!
Wat Good Do Yo Wordz Do If They Cant Undastand U?-E.Badu

msbadu2003
Member since Jul 06th 2005
9754 posts
Fri Jan-29-10 06:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "from her Web site today:"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.erykahbadu.com/

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Mon Feb-01-10 12:16 PM

6. "Can't Wait"
In response to Reply # 4

she never lets me down. hope it really comes out in march.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #187102 Previous topic | Next topic