Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #187074

Subject: "Erykah Badu: Live" Previous topic | Next topic
trane_fanatic
Member since May 08th 2003
2642 posts
Mon Jan-11-10 12:47 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Erykah Badu: Live"

IYO, where does this final album with Kedar rank in her catalog? Just gave this a spin, this is one long ass album, but consistent in quality throughout.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
It's up there...
Jan 13th 2010
RE: Erykah Badu: Live
Jan 14th 2010

blockonlock
Member since Apr 19th 2007
253 posts
Wed Jan-13-10 06:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "It's up there..."
In response to Reply # 0

This is when Badu shines the brightest IMO. I only wish that she would have waited until later to record a live album considering my favorite tracks from her didn't come until later during WWU and NA Pt.1. I'm sure she'll put out another live album soon.

On that album I particularly like her live versions of 'Otherside of the Game', 'Stay', 'Boogie Nights/All Night Long' and 'Ye Yo'.

Through youtube clips I love her live versions of:

Your Mind
Danger (with the prelude rap)
I Want You/Off the Wall (in any form)
Annie
My People
The Cell
Back in the Day (with the barking)

the list goes on. She is truly in her element when performing for an audience and working up a sweat.

http://cargocollective.com/donaldely/
http://donaldely.wordpress.com/

Skeet
Member since Aug 16th 2003
552 posts
Thu Jan-14-10 10:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "RE: Erykah Badu: Live"
In response to Reply # 0

Erykah is a phenomenal woman and a force to be reckoned with! Her live versions of all her songs are awesome! You can feel her energy, even through watching her on youtube. I love this woman!

I wish she would perform That Hump more live...there is so much emotion in that song, its crazy!

Positive Energy Activates Creative Elevation.... PEACE!
Wat Good Do Yo Wordz Do If They Cant Undastand U?-E.Badu

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #187074 Previous topic | Next topic