Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #186830

Subject: "As if my favourite band in the world" Previous topic | Next topic
Mind_Set
Charter member
223 posts
Fri Dec-04-09 05:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"As if my favourite band in the world"
Fri Dec-04-09 05:18 AM by Mind_Set

is breaking out into the MAIN-mainstream with gigs and exposure like these:

http://www.zshare.net/video/693486273a5851fe/
http://www.zshare.net/video/69075138573841ba/
(upload credits: handle)

Not to mention the Fallon Show in general.

I get such a kick out of watching collaborations and song choices that I would have never imagined would happen. Thought's singing joints especially tickle me. To think that all of this stuff is being recorded professionally and broadcast on network television, on the regular! Never will we have to worry about the genius of The Legendary Roots Crew's live performance being lost, as now it's being documented and archived for the generations to come.

I'm grinning real wide with a sense of supreme satisfaction as I watch them create their most prominent foray into mainstream media culture to date. Been a LONG time (...since I :]) coming and I for one am so proud of you guys.

Big ups and many thanks to The Roots for enriching the lives of so many. You guys are an inspiration to people like me. I have a personal stake in your success and I wish you continued blessings and fruits from your super-human work ethic and damn clever career-sustainance strategies.

You guys really are, in my books, the best.

"Dear Diary, my fans still swear by me." - BT

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
yo, blak thought's verse came off kinda non-xmasy
Dec 09th 2009
RE: yo, blak thought's verse came off kinda non-xmasy
Dec 13th 2009

rick
Charter member
3696 posts
Wed Dec-09-09 03:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "yo, blak thought's verse came off kinda non-xmasy"
In response to Reply # 0

i mean, lighten up, its jane krakowski, thought seemed like he wanted to bring up the struggles of the poor.

i mean, if you're gonna dress up and do the xmas thing, lose the shades, and rap happy like in that dave chappelle bonus song.

i also do like that they're being put on this world stage because of nbc and the show. so far, i don't think they've taken full advantage yet, i'm hoping fallon gives them an episode to just rip shit to promote the album.

thanks for the links.

pretend to be cats don't seem to know they limitations
exact replication and false representation

YouAreSleeping
Member since Dec 13th 2009
77 posts
Sun Dec-13-09 02:33 PM

2. "RE: yo, blak thought's verse came off kinda non-xmasy"
In response to Reply # 1

Hmmmmmmm, Maybe he shoulda told the band to cut the music, and then went into an accapella freestyle about how he's been dreaming of a white christmas.LOL Would that be "x-masy" enough?
Its all love fam, I just thought whatcha said was funny.
The Roots have been working very hard for a very long time and I am supremely ecstatic that they are finally getting some of their just due. They have earned every smidget of respect and success they have achieved and should be held up as the standard for consistency and quality in an industry/culture with the memory equivalent of the guy from memento.

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #186830 Previous topic | Next topic