Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #186633

Subject: "Pitchfork takes another dig at Black Thought" Previous topic | Next topic
philliPINO
Member since Oct 12th 2005
263 posts
Tue Nov-10-09 07:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Pitchfork takes another dig at Black Thought"

Quote taken from their review of Wale's Attention Deficit:

"Initially positioned as a refreshing rejoinder in a new generation of rappers, Wale was never fit for savior-dom. He's said the Roots' Black Thought is his favorite MC. That's about right: technically gifted, occasionally thrilling, mostly destined to be a cog in a machine"

Mostly destined to be a cog in a machine is such an annoying line. This just feeds into Questlove's whole celebrity speech and how sites like this one will never look past that.

Heres whole link:
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13695-attention-deficit/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
fuck pitchfork
Nov 11th 2009
Fuck Pitchfork
Nov 16th 2009
Fort Minor / Styles Of Beyond Emcee Takbir A.K.A "Ribkat" returns with n...
Nov 20th 2009
Your tactics pretty much ensure that I won't check for your product.
Nov 21st 2009
      RE: Your tactics pretty much ensure that I won't check for your product.
Dec 14th 2009

rick
Charter member
3696 posts
Wed Nov-11-09 08:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "fuck pitchfork"
In response to Reply # 0

honestly, i dont really give a fuck about what anyone has to say about hip hop unless that's the main style of music they appreciate.

so many "indie" kids claim to like it, but never listen to it and always find reasons not to listen, then put kings of leon on for the 10000 time with a quick play of mickey avalon to reassure themselves that they still like hip hop.

pretend to be cats don't seem to know they limitations
exact replication and false representation

redbaron
Charter member
4254 posts
Mon Nov-16-09 08:26 PM

2. "Fuck Pitchfork"
In response to Reply # 1

cocksuckers

you have sexually transmitted crazy mouth...DEALBREAKER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdIMxP70sAM&feature=related

chris cross
Member since Nov 16th 2009
6 posts
Fri Nov-20-09 06:47 PM

3. "Fort Minor / Styles Of Beyond Emcee Takbir A.K.A "Ribkat" returns with n..."
In response to Reply # 0

Ribkat and Josy B. are back with their amazing new single "I Won't Forget You", a fresh new magnetic booty shaker that will make you crap your pants on the dance floor from excitement!

“I Won’t Forget You” is available for download at http://www.ribkatandjosyb.com.

Their new album Theory Of Addicts is set to drop on 12/08.

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Sat Nov-21-09 10:13 AM

4. "Your tactics pretty much ensure that I won't check for your product."
In response to Reply # 3

YouAreSleeping
Member since Dec 13th 2009
77 posts
Mon Dec-14-09 01:31 PM

5. "RE: Your tactics pretty much ensure that I won't check for your product."
In response to Reply # 4

I think cats at pitchfork just look for shit to say about people. They are the typical critic type who don't take time to just sit back and enjoy the music. There is nothing wrong with having expectations of an artist, there is nothing wrong with saying you don't like something. But when you sit and go as far as to criticize the type of paper the artist used to write his verses on(they never did this, it's a joke), that kinda points to you just being a flat out miserable person

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #186633 Previous topic | Next topic