Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #186518

Subject: "The Foreign Exchange in DC - 10/25/09" Previous topic | Next topic
engineegro
Member since Dec 17th 2003
472 posts
Mon Oct-26-09 01:38 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"The Foreign Exchange in DC - 10/25/09"

FE performed in DC at the Black Cat last night. It was an awesome show. It was my 3rd time seeing them and the shows have gotten better each and every time.

Highlights:

- Big Pooh opened the show with Jozeemo and they did their thing. I copped Big Pooh's new album after the show.

- FE started with Carlitta Durand coming out singing "Lose Your Way" from Nicolay's City Lights 2 album. She has a great voice.

- Phonte, Yahzarah and D Brock were all in the building. Phonte did his thing of course. It was cool how Yahzarah and D Brock have their chance to shine on certain songs too and they never disappoint.

- The band was on point. Nicolay, Zo and the cats on guitar and drums did their thing. They are so talented.

- FE performed damn near every song from LIAB, 4 songs from Connected, "Young, Fresh and New" from LB Getback, and "Something About You" from Zo and Phonte's 80's album.

- Phonte is hilarious with his commentary on relationships and life. One of the funniest moments of the night was when they did a Neo-Soul version of popular (wack) radio hits....They did a great job making LOL Smiley Face, Stankey Leg, Turn my Swag on, and that Juiceman/Gucci Mane song sound listenable

- One of the biggest highlights was seeing Phonte and Pooh rocking the stage together again for "Nic's Groove" and "Young, Fresh and New". These brothas definitely need to come out with a new album soon.

Overall it was an exceptional show. I took my friend who had never heard of them before and she loved it. One of the best live shows I have ever seen. I can't to see them again!!!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: The Foreign Exchange in DC - 10/25/09
Oct 29th 2009

wisdom31
Charter member
1695 posts
Thu Oct-29-09 02:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: The Foreign Exchange in DC - 10/25/09"
In response to Reply # 0

Sounds almost like the show in B-more on 10/22/09.....the Neo-Soul renditions was one of the highlights of that show as well......I wanted to go to the Black Cat show on Sunday to see Pooh join up with FE........
---------------------------------------
"A woman's life is love, a man's love is life..."
-----Phonte

www.myspace.com/wisdom31
www.reverbnation.com/wisdom39
www.twitter.com/wisdom39

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #186518 Previous topic | Next topic