Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #186057

Subject: "a q for black thought" Previous topic | Next topic
oskar
Member since Apr 25th 2008
73 posts
Thu Sep-03-09 06:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"a q for black thought"

yo, i was wondering if you would ever consider letting your fans remix some of your old work over new beats(outside of that indaba site)?? i know that you've mentioned that every roots album is a solo album in a way, back when there was talk of u dropping somethin with outside producers but since that never happened i want too start a demand for more black thought material.

plus, there really isnt much on vinyl and out of respect, i dont really get down with the piracy type shyt that happens on the net. so i figured i go str8 to the man himself or anyone else that can answer this.

as one of the most underrated/ best emcee's out there, it kinda hurts peeping all these other cats with shyt bein put out there as the best your gonna get, when it's not...

just a thought, man... hope u come across this wishful idea... peace

www.myspace.com/niqnames
http://soundcloud.com/groups/hip-hop-1
email: dirtykics@gmail.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I wonder if you realize he hasn't posted here in forever.
Sep 04th 2009
"member since 2008" answers that for you
Sep 04th 2009
      RE: "member since 2008" answers that for you
Sep 21st 2009
      Edit - Nevermind.
Sep 23rd 2009
      Edit - Nevermind, I misunderstood you.
Sep 23rd 2009
Speaking of which...
Sep 07th 2009
RE: a q for black thought
Sep 22nd 2009

Midtown Records
Member since Sep 29th 2006
4776 posts
Fri Sep-04-09 01:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I wonder if you realize he hasn't posted here in forever."
In response to Reply # 0

Lamentations 3:26
It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

justin_scott
Charter member
19862 posts
Fri Sep-04-09 10:00 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. ""member since 2008" answers that for you"
In response to Reply # 1

KLAP215
Member since Jun 21st 2009
117 posts
Mon Sep-21-09 08:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "RE: "member since 2008" answers that for you"
In response to Reply # 2

>.
Member since 2008= all that means is maybe like me you have been down with the Roots since they slipped you the first single "Distortion 2 static" on south street... and haven't really had the internet because u really can't afford it, or once had Aol and had 2 drop it cause cause of fund$ and therefore you can not get your old OKP password cause it's in your old aol account which you can never reopen.

Midtown Records
4776 posts
Wed Sep-23-09 11:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Edit - Nevermind."
In response to Reply # 4
Wed Sep-23-09 11:03 AM by Midtown Records

It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

Midtown Records
4776 posts
Wed Sep-23-09 10:58 AM

6. "Edit - Nevermind, I misunderstood you."
In response to Reply # 2
Wed Sep-23-09 11:03 AM by Midtown Records

kevgalaxy
Member since Jan 03rd 2008
5758 posts
Mon Sep-07-09 06:34 PM

3. "Speaking of which..."
In response to Reply # 0

Do you ever consider producing Freeway's next album & Pharoache's(sp?)comeback album?

<==Hawtastic.

oskar
Member since Apr 25th 2008
73 posts
Tue Sep-22-09 09:03 AM

5. "RE: a q for black thought"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Sep-22-09 09:04 AM by oskar

ive always been down since "proceed" (which i still have on cassette) first aired on rap city which= a long ass time ago and i got up on okayplayer when they first launched (which i peeped in the notes from "things fall apart" copped on the first day)... i was just afraid of the net @ the time cuz it was still foreign to me and it took me a number of years b4 i felt like i could contribute in some way to the site... i did have an account some time ago but cant remember my username... all i did was take a shot in the dark hioping that it'd land on something so no harm done...

i would like to think that others would also love to hear Thought over some different shyt... whether it's renditions of his previous Roots beats or new pieces... i think dude deserves it...

www.myspace.com/niqnames
http://soundcloud.com/groups/hip-hop-1
email: dirtykics@gmail.com

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #186057 Previous topic | Next topic