Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185912

Subject: "Review : John Legend @the Mann Center Philly 8/15" Previous topic | Next topic
bdietzdeuce2
Member since Mar 21st 2008
108 posts
Mon Aug-17-09 09:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Review : John Legend @the Mann Center Philly 8/15"

The show took place at the Mann Center in West Philadelphia(52nd and Parkside to be exact). The Mann Center is a mini version of the Susquehana Bank Center in Camden, NJ, just to give you a comparison. The openers were Vaughn Anthony, who is John's brother, and India Arie. I unfortunately came in just as John was coming on. John as always is amazing live. He sounds much better live then on any of his LPs. He performed for an hour and a half doing any song of his 3 discs(not counting his live in Philly cd/dvd when he was at the Tower Theatre). He suprised me with a cover of MJ's "Do U Remember The Time" and also did a mini version of his song with Rick Ross "Magnificent". He cam back for an encore of "Ordinary People" along with "Stay". The highlight for me was the MJ tribute or Heaven in which it sounds 100 times better live than on cd. Prices for tickets went from around a 100.00 dollars to 25.00. If you get a chance to see him live, DONT SKIP OUT. In my opnion he has the best live RnB show out. Also i did get to hear his brother Vaughn sing and he sounds like John a little bit. We will see with him.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185912 Previous topic | Next topic