Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185837

Subject: "OKP searches for WRITERS!" Previous topic | Next topic
gingerlynn
Member since Mar 28th 2003
405 posts
Tue Aug-11-09 02:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"OKP searches for WRITERS!"

Okayplayers!!! We are searching to increase our writing team for the reviews section, and more. Editorial pieces, and interviews with artists. Potential for short film or photo pieces too. But with all of this, writing reviews for OKP comes first. If you are interested in beefing up your resume consider writing reviews for Okayplayer. You will be reviewing all of the latest new releases, from the most independent of artists to the most commercial, from hip-hop, R&B, reggae and soul music to indie rock and experimental electronic. On average we send out about one cd every one or two weeks to be reviewed. Lately we've been sending most music via downloads, in an attempt to help keep the planet green!

As Okayplayer grows there will be increasing opportunities to be involved in writing interviews and reporting on shows, artists, and events as well. Please contact us if you are interested. BE SURE TO SUBMIT 2-3 WRITING SAMPLES. These should be reviews you’ve written in the past, or sample reviews, and can be about any music you’d like. Please take a thorough look at our reviews section (www.okayplayer.com/reviews) so you know what we are looking for. If you've never written a music review, but would like to write for our site, please choose 3 albums and try writing them up. Please send all writing samples to reviews @ okayplayer.com. We will choose new writers by the top of September, and everyone will hear back from us.

Please keep in mind that we have no budget for writers, and unfortunately cannot pay. However, we can offer you a golden letter of recommendation, a choice career move for your resume, great experience (and tons of free music!), and ROOTS TICKETS (along with other concerts when the opportunity arises) whenever we can possibly hook you up.

***REMEMBER TO email us, reviews@okayplayer.com, with:

Your FULL NAME (1st and last)
Your EMAIL address (one you check frequently please)
Your OKP handle (if you have one)
2-3 WRITING SAMPLES ATTACHED as separate documents (preferably Word docs or plain text documents)
Let us know if you can review material via digital downloads, as opposed to cds.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: OKP searches for WRITERS!
Aug 12th 2009
Sep 14th 2009
Sep 20th 2009
Sep 27th 2009
Any update on this?
Sep 30th 2009
RE: Any update on this?
Sep 30th 2009
Oct 07th 2009
Oct 13th 2009
Oct 12th 2009

desmondo66
Member since Jul 21st 2005
401 posts
Wed Aug-12-09 10:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: OKP searches for WRITERS!"
In response to Reply # 0

Count me in - will send some samples

Cheers

Richard

www.thelonius.co.uk

Delightful
Member since Sep 14th 2009
3 posts
Mon Sep-14-09 10:06 PM

2. "RE: OKP searches for WRITERS!"
In response to Reply # 1

You've got mail. Sounds dope.

Delight.

djbackbone
Member since Jun 01st 2005
9 posts
Sun Sep-20-09 07:28 AM

3. "RE: OKP searches for WRITERS!"
In response to Reply # 0

It's after the start of september, this post is an anchor, can I submit something?!!?

livein76
Member since Jun 24th 2008
656 posts
Sun Sep-27-09 12:38 AM

4. "RE: OKP searches for WRITERS!"
In response to Reply # 3

shit.. is it too late? Pardon I just popped back in after a hiatus from the internet world.

I want to talk to Jesus, my mama, and Marvin Gaye when I get to heaven.

C. Thelonius
Member since Mar 14th 2008
825 posts
Wed Sep-30-09 03:25 AM

5. "Any update on this?"
In response to Reply # 0

I submitted but haven't heard anything. Has anyone else heard anything?

Vhien
Member since Aug 22nd 2009
149 posts
Wed Sep-30-09 09:52 AM

6. "RE: Any update on this?"
In response to Reply # 5

Nope, I haven't heard word either. Maybe they'll mention things early October?

desmondo66
Member since Jul 21st 2005
401 posts
Wed Oct-07-09 09:11 AM

7. "RE: Any update on this?"
In response to Reply # 6

I too submitted but haven't heard anything - is anyone out there that can help?????

Cheers

Richard

www.thelonius.co.uk

Delightful
Member since Sep 14th 2009
3 posts
Tue Oct-13-09 12:34 AM

9. "RE: Any update on this?"
In response to Reply # 5

nope, haven't heard a thing. I sent my stuff a while back when the thread was pretty new.
*shrug*

Delight.

lojack
Member since Dec 05th 2002
276 posts
Mon Oct-12-09 05:27 PM

8. "RE: OKP searches for WRITERS!"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow, what a cool opportunity, I'm in

the jack

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185837 Previous topic | Next topic