Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185814

Subject: "Mos and Jay (DC)" Previous topic | Next topic
Blak_Sambo
Member since Feb 11th 2005
509 posts
Mon Aug-10-09 11:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Mos and Jay (DC)"

How was the show?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
The Show was pretty good
Aug 10th 2009
RE: The Show was pretty good
Aug 10th 2009
Aug 10th 2009
      Full Band?????????
Aug 10th 2009
           Naw just the kit
Aug 10th 2009
Aug 11th 2009

anysenserobbed
Member since Mar 01st 2003
531 posts
Mon Aug-10-09 12:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "The Show was pretty good"
In response to Reply # 0

Medina Green opened...did his verse from crosstown beef then some of his new stuff. Overall he was mediocre and forgettable.

Jay was pretty good. Crowds for DC shows are usually pretty good but the crowd was definitely rocking with him and catching his punch lines. He's got a pretty good stage presence. Did the full version of "Dear Moleskine",dimethaltryptimine, My World, some freestyles, rapped the eternal sunshine joint over the price is right beat. Closed with Exhibit A.

Mos came out to supermagic and played the drums while he rapped it. Stuck to joints from his new album (casa bey, life in marvelous, twilight speedball, quiet dog). He was kind of charismatic but sarcastic thoughout the whole show. Kind of spazzed out at someone for shouting at him; talked about how sometimes you gotta get up and go to your job when you don't want to. Did "got" from the black on both sides album. Closed with Billie Jean.

Overall, it was a good show. 9:30 was packed and it was a pretty diverse crowd. I'd give it a B/B+

Blak_Sambo
Member since Feb 11th 2005
509 posts
Mon Aug-10-09 02:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: The Show was pretty good"
In response to Reply # 1

So, no 2hr wait for Mos to perform? That's good.

I'll have to catch the next one.

anysenserobbed
531 posts
Mon Aug-10-09 02:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "RE: The Show was pretty good"
In response to Reply # 2

well the doors opened at 7, Medina Green didn't come out til 9. Mos was on by like 10:30

josephmurf2384
Member since Nov 21st 2005
5288 posts
Mon Aug-10-09 04:36 PM

4. "Full Band?????????"
In response to Reply # 3

or just a kit set up on stage? Last time i saw him at 9:30 like 3 or 4 months ago we didn't get in the club until damn near Midnight. It was kinda ridiculous but still a good show. Kinda heated i missed it but De La tomorrow should more than make up for it.

anysenserobbed
531 posts
Mon Aug-10-09 09:34 PM

5. "Naw just the kit"
In response to Reply # 4

Pkjr703
Member since Jun 30th 2002
987 posts
Tue Aug-11-09 11:51 AM

6. "RE: The Show was pretty good"
In response to Reply # 1

"He was kind of charismatic but sarcastic thoughout the whole show. Kind of spazzed out at someone for shouting at him; talked about how
sometimes you gotta get up and go to your job when you don't want to."

Nah, he wasnt spazzin out. He said that same line at the Kennedy Center last year.

Good show, kinda surprise he didnt do Ms Fat Booty, but made up for doing Got. He played a little over a hour and a half, and having Chris Dave play the drums for a song was a nice touch. I dont think it sold out. I cant figure out how Mos/DeLa/RE havent sold out yet. I guess people stopped buying tickets ahead of time like they stopped buying albums.

www.definitivedoodle.com

www.therootslive.com

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185814 Previous topic | Next topic