Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185788

Subject: "ERYKAH PLEASE READ- GREAT PERFORMANCE AT H.O.B., BUT FANS TREATED HORRIB..." Previous topic | Next topic
ashley.douglas
Member since Aug 07th 2009
1 posts
Fri Aug-07-09 06:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"ERYKAH PLEASE READ- GREAT PERFORMANCE AT H.O.B., BUT FANS TREATED HORRIB..."

I'm using this forum because I know that many times you humbly interact with your fans here. I wanted to first of all thank you for the amazing show that you put on for us last night at the House of Blues last night- I only wish I was able to enjoy it more. My friend and I are two of your biggest fans in Philadelphia and RARELY miss an opportunity to see you. We were two of the only people who were actually standing at your show at Tower Theater in Philadelphia, where you had to reprimand the crowd for sitting on their asses the entire show- I LOVED THAT!! And agreed that it should have been said... Knowing this, I'm sure you'd be disappointed to know that my friend and I were almost kicked out of your show last night for just that- STANDING UP! We were seated in the balcony section that would have been on your right if you looked up. We were constantly harrassed by security guards who said that people behind us were complaining that they couldn't see. We told them that THEY SHOULD BE STANDING TOO! IT'S CONCERT! This woman is performing for them, and they're just sitting there nodding their head! It turned into a fucking scene, security threatened to throw us out several times unless we sat,which we adamately refused... it was just crazy! I tried my best against these rent-a-cops on a power trip, but we were ultimately shackled to our seats and forced to watch the show seated. So if you looked up and saw that everyone in the balony looked half dead, it wasn't all our fault!! I have called and written several letters of complaint to the management staff at Showboat and House of Blues, I also thought you might want to know... I will never miss an opportunity to see you again in the future- unless its there because I GOTTA MOVE when you're on the stage, givin it all up to these ungrateful assholes!!! I LOVE YOU ERYKAH!!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
At some concerts people don't stand
Aug 08th 2009
RE: ERYKAH PLEASE READ- GREAT PERFORMANCE AT H.O.B., BUT FANS TREATED HO...
Aug 09th 2009
if you want somebody to care, try breaking that shit up so a nigga can r...
Aug 12th 2009
you're an idiot and I woulda thrown you out on your ass myself.
Aug 13th 2009

handle
Charter member
18935 posts
Sat Aug-08-09 12:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "At some concerts people don't stand"
In response to Reply # 0

Is that a power trip by the hundreds of other people, or by the few standing up?

If E. Badu wants people up she can tell them to get up. Or if she wants to gauge just how much the audience doesn't seem to care she can ask for a show of waving hands in the air.

I'm sure you ruined the show for the people behind you, blocking their view, having them hear you and security tussle, and generally causing a scene.

Maybe outdoor concerts would be better for you??

Or keep the faith, and catch a tase once in a while!

Now, berate me like you did the power trippin' rent-a-cop fake ass security who were treating FANS (that means you and your friend) horribly (at the request of the other audience members who sat frozen during the concert like medusa was on stage.)

P.S. Are you as tall as Shaq with a hat like Abe Lincoln? if so - i've been seated behind you at many,many concerts.

blockonlock
Member since Apr 19th 2007
253 posts
Sun Aug-09-09 08:49 AM

2. "RE: ERYKAH PLEASE READ- GREAT PERFORMANCE AT H.O.B., BUT FANS TREATED HO..."
In response to Reply # 0

That's a shame what happened to you guys. No one should be told to sit at a concert of Badu's caliber. I have ran into the same problem when she came to Baltimore last year. The audience as a whole stood up for THEIR favorite songs (ie: On & On, Bag Lady, Tyrone) as did myself, but when it came to the stuff I really wanted to stand and dance to (ie: Twinkle, Soldier, Back in the Day and any of the new stuff) I got complaints from the security guard that the people behind me wanted me to sit down. I made me so upset that it almost ruined the show for me. I have found that when you're sitting far away or off to the sides, people generally tend to sit. The best way to enjoy the concert is to just get the expensive tickets and enjoy yourself with the die-hards who are too busy dancing and singing along to care about the people around them.

Luckily no one told me to sit last night in DC. That was a first. And she didn't do a full set due to the acts before her performing for so long and the 11-11:30 cut off time.

http://cargocollective.com/donaldely/
http://donaldely.wordpress.com/

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18115 posts
Wed Aug-12-09 06:56 PM

3. "if you want somebody to care, try breaking that shit up so a nigga can r..."
In response to Reply # 0

now I feel you and you made a good point but nobody's gonna read that shit
post it in Artist Discussion you may actually get a reply from Erykah

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

Airbreed
Charter member
29433 posts
Thu Aug-13-09 12:28 PM

4. "you're an idiot and I woulda thrown you out on your ass myself."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Aug-13-09 12:33 PM by Airbreed

what you did was flat out rude. period.

plus, practice on some basic wirting skills. i got a headache trying to decipher that shit you posted.

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185788 Previous topic | Next topic