Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185505

Subject: "Any Sa-Ra "Nuclear Evolution: The Age of Love" OKP review forthcoming?" Previous topic | Next topic
misterphoneman
Member since May 03rd 2008
12 posts
Tue Jul-14-09 04:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Any Sa-Ra "Nuclear Evolution: The Age of Love" OKP review forthcoming?"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
?@!$
Jul 20th 2009
I personally love it more than the first
Jul 22nd 2009
      RE: I personally love it more than the first
Jul 22nd 2009
           RE: I personally love it more than the first
Jul 23rd 2009
                WOW!
Jul 23rd 2009
Initially, I was unimpressed...
Jul 23rd 2009

Lyterall
Charter member
1106 posts
Mon Jul-20-09 06:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "?@!$"
In response to Reply # 0

Usually when i purchase a new album, i burn a J and listen to an album in full in my garage. But with the new Sa-Ra, i couldnt. I thru to track 5 and just hit pause! Since then, i've listen to the album only once and that was in its entirely. I dont really have a "review" of the album. From just hearing it once, i can say that i like the first album better. Maybe it was the support of guess emcee and singers or the dope beats. I dont know. This new joint is, hell, i dont know. I really need to evaluate it again. I do dig the into track, Spacefruit, even though it was used as an interlude on Kweli's album, Eardrum.

Lyterall appears courtesy of
Z.F.T.P./Sign To Myself Records

tbits
Member since Jul 19th 2007
179 posts
Wed Jul-22-09 01:01 AM

2. "I personally love it more than the first"
In response to Reply # 1
Wed Jul-22-09 01:01 AM by tbits

I keep putting Dirty Beauty and The Bone Song in my rotation.

Lyterall
Charter member
1106 posts
Wed Jul-22-09 03:56 PM

3. "RE: I personally love it more than the first"
In response to Reply # 2

I think the feature with Erykah Badu (Fly Away) on their first release is doper than Dirty Beauty. As far as the rest of the album, i can't really call it. BUT, i do know i like Fly Away better than Dirty Beauty. You know what Misterphoneman. You should just go buy the album yourself. And not on I-Tunes or a free download neither. But physically take yourself to a cd store and buy the cd. Not only will you be supporting Sa-Ra, you will be supporting the artist that did the cover art and booklet illustrations and package design. How cool would that be??????

misterphoneman
Member since May 03rd 2008
12 posts
Thu Jul-23-09 10:51 AM

5. "RE: I personally love it more than the first"
In response to Reply # 3

Wellll just for the record, I did take myself down to Best Buy and purchased a copy (on the day it came out no less) and I thoroughly enjoy it as I did the Hollywood Recordings. I'm just curious if OKP is going to review it and if not, why?

Lyterall
Charter member
1106 posts
Thu Jul-23-09 07:57 PM

6. "WOW!"
In response to Reply # 5

Didnt expect that answer. Very proud that someone other than myself still buys music from stores.

Midtown Records
Member since Sep 29th 2006
4776 posts
Thu Jul-23-09 04:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Initially, I was unimpressed..."
In response to Reply # 0

Perhaps I'll give it another chance.

But honestly, I haven't listened to it since I bought it.

And that was the week it was released.

Lamentations 3:26
It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185505 Previous topic | Next topic