Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #182099

Subject: "D'Angelo Plots Prince Collab, Spring Tour (Swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
Jazzgotsoul
Charter member
2805 posts
Tue Jan-20-09 06:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"D'Angelo Plots Prince Collab, Spring Tour (Swipe)"

Not sure if this has been posted?

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/d-angelo-plots-prince-collab-spring-tour-1003932024.story

Save Email Print Most Popular RSS Reprints
D'Angelo Plots Prince Collab, Spring Tour
D'Angelo
January 20, 2009 10:39 AM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
D'Angelo is expected to collaborate with Prince on his long-awaited first new album since 2000, reportedly titled "James River" and due this summer from J Records.

In a statement, the R&B star's manager, Lindsay Guion, says D'Angelo will also team with Gnarls Barkley's Cee-Lo Green. Collaborations with Raphael Saadiq, Mark Ronson and Roy Hargrove are already in the bag,

In addition, D'Angelo will play his first shows in years this summer, beginning in Europe and then taking in the United States. Cities and dates have yet to be announced.

In recent years, D'Angelo has endured a serious car accident and drug-related arrests, and in lieu of new music of his own, he's made sporadic guest appearances on albums by Common, Snoop Dogg, Q-Tip and J Dilla.

"He's able to smile again and he's ready to connect ," Guion told Billboard last summer. "He's coming back. And he looks great, by the way."

http://www.last.fm/user/jazzgotsoul/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: D'Angelo Plots Prince Collab, Spring Tour (Swipe)
Jan 20th 2009
Can't wait
Jan 21st 2009
this sounds like my dream!
Jan 22nd 2009
dang kid. where you been.
Jan 23rd 2009
hey
Jan 25th 2009
well i dont know if i believe it but
Jan 23rd 2009
Jan 25th 2009
lol
Jan 25th 2009
RE: D'Angelo Plots Prince Collab, Spring Tour (Swipe)
Jan 26th 2009

Jrod Indigo
Member since Aug 01st 2003
126 posts
Tue Jan-20-09 09:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: D'Angelo Plots Prince Collab, Spring Tour (Swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

First the inauguration and now this!!!! This is the moment I've been waiting for all this time......D'Angelo and Prince. This will be the ultimate climax in music history just like Barack Obama. January 20th 2009 marks the most important day of my entire life. Quest if you're reading this I would love it if you can confirm...

A new day is here

www.myspace.com/jrodindigo

Jrod Indigo

Patrik
Member since Apr 29th 2008
1113 posts
Wed Jan-21-09 03:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Can't wait"
In response to Reply # 1

thelightishere
Member since May 24th 2005
711 posts
Thu Jan-22-09 02:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "this sounds like my dream!"
In response to Reply # 0

it's too good to be true, it can't be true!

Natural Mystic
Member since Dec 05th 2008
6631 posts
Fri Jan-23-09 03:41 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "dang kid. where you been."
In response to Reply # 0

ill last.fm you.
lol.

Jazzgotsoul
Charter member
2805 posts
Sun Jan-25-09 07:10 PM

8. "hey"
In response to Reply # 4

lol hope all is well!

alisha-world
Member since Jul 11th 2005
28 posts
Fri Jan-23-09 05:54 PM

5. "well i dont know if i believe it but"
In response to Reply # 0

i want to believe it... ! lol : )
Paris ??? I remember 2 or 3 years ago, they announced 3 date in Europ, London, Paris and i don't remember what else... Paris was i think 29th may, i had my ticket and some days after they canceled it lol. It was a little out of nowhere tho lol but i wanted to believe it by being able to buy a ticket !

http://www.loveonthebeat.net
http://twitter.com/alishaworld

wathana
Member since May 12th 2008
12 posts
Sun Jan-25-09 05:39 PM

6. ""
In response to Reply # 5

theres 1% chance to hear d'angelo with the artist on the same track. But who knows...i think it's more a statement from d'angelo camp to make a buzz (which works hehe)
is it the first time Mark Ronson is mentionned or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6alkEscx4tU

Jazzgotsoul
Charter member
2805 posts
Sun Jan-25-09 07:04 PM

7. "lol"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm right there with you. Imma just keep on hoping.

christopher_whaley
Member since Jan 26th 2009
3 posts
Mon Jan-26-09 05:40 PM

9. "RE: D'Angelo Plots Prince Collab, Spring Tour (Swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I will believe this when I see it. I have been waiting on D's new material for years and I really my fellow Aquarian will show and prove this year.

"C'mon D and sing the song, yeah..."

Musically,

Christopher Whaley
www.sobomag.com
www.myspace.com/poeticrockstar

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #182099 Previous topic | Next topic