Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #179237

Subject: "Bilal's Love for Sale" Previous topic | Next topic
3CardMolly
Member since Jun 08th 2007
13784 posts
Mon Sep-29-08 04:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Bilal's Love for Sale"

will it ever be released? Only learned of it thanks to youtube and sorry to say but I dl'd a few songs but still want the cd(coverart, jewelcase and all), also is he putting out a third to counter the 2nd one being held back?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
NEVER, ITS BEEN SHELVED!
Sep 30th 2008
RE: NEVER, ITS BEEN SHELVED!
Oct 02nd 2008
RE: NEVER, ITS BEEN SHELVED!
Oct 09th 2008
sad to know...
Sep 15th 2009
I keep mine(s) in the top drawer.
Sep 30th 2008
RE: Bilal's Love for Sale
Oct 09th 2008
B I L A L: Possibly he's so advanced musically
Aug 26th 2009
RE: B I L A L: Possibly he's so advanced musically
Aug 29th 2009
RE: B I L A L: Possibly he's so advanced musically
Sep 08th 2009
fuck you groingooch, now shut th fuck up before I kick you in the weiner
Sep 14th 2009
Que?
Sep 15th 2009
      suk a dic
Jun 08th 2010
I aint like it-no Dilla
Jun 13th 2010

buttersoul
Member since Mar 04th 2003
12457 posts
Tue Sep-30-08 08:09 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "NEVER, ITS BEEN SHELVED!"
In response to Reply # 0

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=1867194&mesg_id=1867194&page=

ITS REALLY GOOD THO.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." ~Einstein

Dont take me thurre "thou misbegotten scurvy"

NotYaAvgSista
Member since Aug 24th 2006
151 posts
Thu Oct-02-08 12:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: NEVER, ITS BEEN SHELVED!"
In response to Reply # 1

that's really sad! I got a copy of the album that was floating around from a friend. It's amazing.

"...an' every now and then you have to ask yourself do you really wanna win or just look good losing?"

R.I.P. Mac Man

In Roto:
Badu: New Amerykah
Little Brother: Get Back
Radiohead: In Rainbows

Jaleel
Charter member
167 posts
Thu Oct-09-08 11:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "RE: NEVER, ITS BEEN SHELVED!"
In response to Reply # 3

Definitely an amazing album... It's over 2 years old now...

http://www.okayplayer.com/content/view/5850/5/
http://www.myspace.com/jaleelshaw
http://www.jaleelshaw.com

RADIUM
Member since Sep 11th 2009
13 posts
Tue Sep-15-09 12:17 PM

11. "sad to know..."
In response to Reply # 1

Nathaniel
Charter member
9962 posts
Tue Sep-30-08 11:40 AM

2. "I keep mine(s) in the top drawer."
In response to Reply # 0

Very special, even moreso now that I know no one will get they hand(s) on it.

King James Bible states in (1st Corinthians 14:8-9)-"..Again, If the trumpet does NOT sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?..So it is with you."

For an audible glimpse of my sound, click here: http://www.zshare.net/audio/9549455779abe02a/

monaray3
Member since Sep 30th 2008
12 posts
Thu Oct-09-08 02:07 PM

5. "RE: Bilal's Love for Sale"
In response to Reply # 0

I doubt it. i heard this was supposed to have been out. I still want to hear it cuz i loved the first album.

soulsugar
Member since Dec 03rd 2007
632 posts
Wed Aug-26-09 04:59 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "B I L A L: Possibly he's so advanced musically"
In response to Reply # 0

His music is not understood by this cooperate sector/politics

I maybe incorrect, but he should sign to Motown he' d bring the Soul back where it's known to be.

He is funkier than Prince & ill with delivery
No, not genius like Prince no comparisons here, but definately got his own thing.

da_illest_one
Member since Apr 09th 2005
1761 posts
Sat Aug-29-09 08:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "RE: B I L A L: Possibly he's so advanced musically"
In response to Reply # 6
Sat Aug-29-09 08:09 PM by da_illest_one

Dude should release a radio single, jeesh...

One great song would enable him to push out a decent album by the end of the year. These ranky-dank rappers are getting their silly music on airwaves beacause of one catchy tune. That one song's Itune & ringtone downlaods enable these kids to fund production for their albums. I'm sure he has enough new material for at least two CDs but if he doesn't sell self distributed new music through his own venues to get greater buzz then he'll be stuck touring and not making any real money without having any KNOWN singles or hits.

I wish him much success. The music industry need solid artist like him, D'angelo, Lauryn Hill and Badu to make GREAT albums and not just okay songs. I know he's waiting for the right deal to come along but he should have the know how to make things happen by himself. I mean eight full years without a solid release for people to purchase is a lifetime. If he does release anything soon he'll be treated like a new artist since he'll attract a newer audience that's unfamiliar with his work.

On The Lookout 4:
some new music. WTF is going on this year?

Nathaniel
Charter member
9962 posts
Tue Sep-08-09 10:10 PM

8. "RE: B I L A L: Possibly he's so advanced musically"
In response to Reply # 6

Wherever he goes, he can't just be a "coswell cog"..
My dude is a "spacely sprocket" with the flow..he deserves a set built around him, like larry david.

King James Bible states in (1st Corinthians 14:8-9)-"..Again, If the trumpet does NOT sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?..So it is with you."

For an audible glimpse of my sound, click here: http://www.zshare.net/audio/9549455779abe02a/

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18115 posts
Mon Sep-14-09 07:33 AM

9. "fuck you groingooch, now shut th fuck up before I kick you in the weiner"
In response to Reply # 0

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

Nathaniel
Charter member
9962 posts
Tue Sep-15-09 12:16 PM

10. "Que?"
In response to Reply # 9

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18115 posts
Tue Jun-08-10 01:11 PM

12. "suk a dic"
In response to Reply # 10

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

________________________Jeff
Member since Dec 30th 2009
241 posts
Sun Jun-13-10 01:59 PM

13. "I aint like it-no Dilla"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #179237 Previous topic | Next topic