Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #178618

Subject: "Flobots Music means business" Previous topic | Next topic
pjrocks7
Member since Sep 02nd 2008
12 posts
Wed Sep-03-08 01:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Flobots Music means business"

So i saw the Flobots in the washington post today (they sing that song "handlebars") which is a good song but is not my favorite ever. But they did perform at the Democratic National Convention and sang their new song Rise which is surprisingly really freaking good...and lets face it any musical group that is into politics and is doing their part to get the word out is a friend of mine in my book. I am really into politics and REALLY into music, so i feel that the flobots definitely embody those two facets pretty well. If you've never seen them before here is a link to one of their more interesting videos http://music.yahoo.com/ar-59108336-videos--Flobots

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Flobots Music means business
Sep 05th 2008
Don't bother you are spot on ^^^^^^^^^^^
Sep 05th 2008
      RE: Don't bother you are spot on ^^^^^^^^^^^
Sep 11th 2008
           RE: Don't bother you are spot on ^^^^^^^^^^^
Sep 11th 2008

JohnnyM_21
Member since Oct 11th 2006
11 posts
Fri Sep-05-08 10:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Flobots Music means business"
In response to Reply # 0

Haven't heard much of the flobots studio material but I did see them live at the DNC (actually they weren't a part of it they were protesting it) and I thought they sounded pretty bad. The band wasn't as together as they needed to be and you couldn't hear the vocals clearly. The violinist in the band was actually really good, but everything else sounded muddy and unbalanced. I'll have to check out their cd and give them an honest chance but I don't think I'd ever see them live again.

josephmurf2384
Member since Nov 21st 2005
5288 posts
Fri Sep-05-08 11:30 AM

2. "Don't bother you are spot on ^^^^^^^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 1

Their music is fucking terrible, watered down lacks any real depth just shit they can create a false movement around. Rage is what they would like to be. Saw them with People under the stairs (Awesome band) and kids are just sitting there waiting for this band with their fucking stupid bandannas on, most of no age to make a real difference since by the time you are old enough band like the flobots are stale. There set was weak to say the least, first off trying to cover rage was absolutely hilarious, they also covered "so happy together" which had me and my boys laughing so hard we had to go for a smoke. The violist got some skills and is a looker so that is there only +1. I only know the title of two of their songs and they were both exactly what i expected a little energy from stupid kids who want to feel a part of something. Overall they are a band who shouldn't be as hyped as they are but eventually won't be able to live up to it. And who the fuck puts a donate button on their website, your fucking musicians.

pjrocks7
Member since Sep 02nd 2008
12 posts
Thu Sep-11-08 12:55 PM

3. "RE: Don't bother you are spot on ^^^^^^^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 2

Here's the link to the article i was talking about
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/28/AR2008082802806.html

and maybe if you guys watch the video for "rise" it'll change your mind
http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/--184536086

josephmurf2384
Member since Nov 21st 2005
5288 posts
Thu Sep-11-08 03:58 PM

4. "RE: Don't bother you are spot on ^^^^^^^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 3

HAHAHAHA, that article is trash. The want to turn there music into an NPO than Mother Fucker put that shit out for free, do nothing but free shows, for causes, shit i love when people think they are on some bigger than music shit. Mother fucker must not watch his shows if he thinks he got six good ones, cause they were awful live. Just out of curiosity are you wereing your american flag bandana when you typed this shit the first time or provided links, cause that would be great.

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #178618 Previous topic | Next topic