Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #178178

Subject: "The Jones Experience - Dallas" Previous topic | Next topic
carliegirl
Member since Aug 21st 2008
2 posts
Thu Aug-21-08 06:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Jones Experience - Dallas"

Hey Dallas folks! Is just me or has there really not been alot of promoting done by the HOB for this show? I'm starting to see a trend w/ them and hip hop shows....very little promoting. Thank goodness, we're such tight community, cuz ticket sales have gone well!!Also, have any of you heard about Kweli's after party at Kenichi?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: The Jones Experience - Dallas
Aug 24th 2008
Aug 25th 2008
Aug 27th 2008

the_best_part
Member since Jan 13th 2005
1823 posts
Sun Aug-24-08 02:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "RE: The Jones Experience - Dallas"
In response to Reply # 0

i havent heard about any afterparty, then again,i dont live in dallas and i only found out about the show via emails sent to me about upcoming shows in the dallas area.

so, where is this spot?

fyi, i have an extra ticket if anybody wants a freebie, inbox me.

carliegirl
Member since Aug 21st 2008
2 posts
Mon Aug-25-08 02:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: The Jones Experience - Dallas"
In response to Reply # 1

My friends say it's next to the W Hotel. Never been, but they say it's a hot spot. They also said Josh Howard (Dallas Maverick)has blown the spot up w/ his parties. Plus, to my understanding there are no other parties after the show. So, that's where we'll be!!!

the_best_part
Member since Jan 13th 2005
1823 posts
Wed Aug-27-08 04:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "RE: The Jones Experience - Dallas"
In response to Reply # 1

so, i went to the show and i was pleasantly surprised. not that i didn't expect kweli and nas to put on a great show. but more so i was surprised by the enthusiasm of that Dallas audience. it was a dope show. i literally bumped into badu on the way in. i appreciated jay electronica's sense of humor and his rhyme skills. dude def has a lot to say. and kweli...he looked better than I've seen him thus far. absolutely dope. nas took me back down memory lane by doing mostly stuff from his classic past material.

didnt hit any after party. had along drive home. i got a parking ticket! im still wondering why out of all the cars parked in the vicinity where i parked, MY Chevy was ticketed. but oh well, the show was worth it all.

peace

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #178178 Previous topic | Next topic