Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #177074

Subject: "Bazarro chats with Little Brother's dj- DJ FLASH Interview 1 on 1" Previous topic | Next topic
Crazy Dj Bazarro
Member since Jan 05th 2004
346 posts
Thu Jul-24-08 04:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Bazarro chats with Little Brother's dj- DJ FLASH Interview 1 on 1"

If your a fan of Little Brother, the super duo group that stays touring year round. Then you should know about the cool, illest humble dj....Dj Flash.....Here's a talk we had...check it:

BAZARRO; What up kid?? Been a while since we last talk, what have u been up to?

DJ FLASH; Been busy doing parities & shows with LB!

BAZARRO; I remember we used to rock together on Future Flavasonline.com with Marley Marl. Are you still doing radio? If so let people know when and where....

DJ FLASH; Well, I just quit doing BDS radio after a 5 year run. The mixshow coordinator & I never saw eye to eye when it came to breakin music & when he became Program Director, I bounced! I relaunched the Justus League Radio show that used to come on Future Flavasonline.com as a podcast (http://djflash.podomatic.com). I also got a call from my homie Dj Wreckonize to pitch in & do a couple shows here & there on the Afromentals Show (Sat. 8pm-10pm on Hip Hop Nation) with him & Dj Jamad (Shout out to ya'll) so that's a good look!

BAZARRO; As a whole, how is the Justus League doing?? Any new projects coming??

DJ FLASH; Man everybody's good? Projects? Let's see, Phonte & Zo's project, "Zo & Tigallo love the 80's", is out! Edgar Allen Floe's official debut album titled,"The Streetwise LP", is on the way. Rapper Big Pooh has 2 mixtapes (Measure's of a Man & Rapper"s Delight) & 2 Albums (Dirty Pretty Thing's & The Recipe with Young RJ) coming out this year. Median's Relief is out. 9th & Murs is coming out with Sweet Lord & Comanche's single,"Hand's High" off his 4th project,"Die in Your Lap" on the way. Also check the video out for his single on youtube!

BAZARRO: How do you feel about Lil Wayne dissing mixtapes djs, matter fact djs period?

DJ FLASH: I was like wow. How do you dis the backbone of Hip Hop!? I mean think about it. Who the fuck you think's breaking Lollipop & A Milli on radio & in the clubs. It damn sure ain't his ass!

BAZARRO: Do you think the new rappers of today have no respect for hip-hop and the pioneers?

DJ FLASH: I think there's a new generation of artists out now doin shit that older nigguhs isn't accustomed to. The ones that don't have respect, more than likely don't have any guidance & probably don't even know the importance of the pioneers & if so, Wooow!

BAZARRO: With all the new technology coming out every week, what equipment do you use???

DJ FLASH: 2 turntables & a mixer. Now when we (LB) do shows, I'll use a CD turntable to run the show on. Sometimes we'll do a show on a stage that isn't that sturdy & I know you've seen Tay in character on the stage. Gotta make sure the music isn't skipping while he's runnin around doin god knows what on the stage lol!

BAZARRO: How do you feel about dj's using Serato ??

DJ FLASH: I don't feel bad about it. I personally think it's beneficial if you travel. At 1st I was rebelling against it. I thought that you weren't going to sound the same, but after playing with it I didn't notice a significant difference with my performance. Then on top of that, you don't have to carry crates, & if you're a Dj that travels, you know that shit gets expensive, ESPECIALLY IN EUROPE!!!! I still collect vinyl. I just don't tote that shit around.

BAZARRO: What time in your life did you decide to become a dj??

DJ FLASH: When I was 12. At 11, my parents threw a B-Day party for my twin cousins with a live Dj. I noticed how he (Dj) was controlling the crowd & thought it was real dope. A year after that, I started going to Detroit for Summers where my younger cousin taught me how to mix, & Shout out to Dj Razor for teaching me how to cut!

BAZARRO: What's your favorite hip-hop joint of all time???

DJ FLASH: Man there's too many! I'll just say 1 of my favorite songs is Raekwon - Verbal Intercourse (even though Nas recycled his verse from Deja Vu)

BAZARRO: How did you hook up with LIttle Brother???

DJ FLASH: It was kinda crazy cause when I met them, I don't think they were Little Brother, & I met each member at different times. I met Phonte 1st at a MC Battle, then a few months later I met 9th at a record store. It was kinda crazy how I met P. cause I thought he was going to fight a dude I knew that worked at the record store over some turntables (funny shit)! I met Pooh later on when I started going to Missie Anne, along with the other League members.

BAZARRO: How long have you been touring with them and what's your most favorite place you guys been to??

DJ FLASH: I've been with LB since August 2004. Favorite place has always been hands down Oslo Norway!

BAZARRO: Yeah man I've been there with Evil Dee last year, it was crazy!!!

BAZARRO: What effect did the separation of NInth Wonder and Little Brother have on you???

DJ FLASH: It didn't really effect me really! 9th told me 1st at his house. Them dudes are so talented, I knew a split like that wouldn't really hurt them. As you can see nigguhs is still working, making good music. I think the media hyped it up, all out of proportion, cause if it was that big of a deal, one of them would've left Hall of Justus Music Group or better yet J League! You see we all still here collectively!

BAZARRO: Who will you vote for, Obama or Mccain....LOL????

DJ FLASH: C'mon Man! Obama!!!

BAZARRO: What are you bumping the most on your playlist???

DJ FLASH: Skyzoo - Shine prod. by M-Phazes. That shit is Hard!

BAZARRO: Name your top five rappers of all time???

DJ FLASH; Rakim, KRS-One, Big, Jay, Andre 3000, & Nas! I know you asked for 5, but I have 6!

BAZARRO: Yeah Dre is nice, alot of cats be sleeping on him.

BAZARRO; People think touring is all fun, please explain the grueling job of being a tour dj...

DJ FLASH: You never sleep! Always fuckin around with disgruntled sound-men that don't give 2 shits about doin sound for hip hop acts! Missing in stores that give out free shit cause you're doing sound check! I can go on!

BAZARRO: I know how you feel, what the hell is sound check for anyway...lol it never sounds the same anyway when the show starts. I always throw water on sound-men anyway...lol

BAZARRO: Who's the crazyist person on the tour???

DJ FLASH: Man homie, everybody has their own crazy ways when we on tour!!!

BAZARRO: Gas is now 3 million dollars per gallon,,,,any solutions???

DJ FLASH: Jack someone's license plate, put it on your whip & steal some gas! That way, when the cashier tries to run you down & all they can get is the plate, you know you're straight cause it ain't even you!

BAZARRO: LMAO!!!

BAZARRO: Are you still worried about Brittany Spears.,,,LOL ???

DJ FLASH: Who?...........................................................................Lindsay Lohan?

BAZARRO: Thanks for chatting with the crazy one and thanks for your time....What are you about to go do right now???

DJ FLASH: Eat some brownies! Oh yeah homie! We need to do another mixtape or put a podcast out together or somethin! The first mixtape we did never came out! Holla at me!

BAZARRO: Yeah lets do it!!! peace....

myspace.com/djbazarro
myspace.com/dysfunkshunalfamilee

JEAN GRAE CAMP 2008
BEATMINERZ DJ'S
TRAVIS WILLIAMS
DOLLAMENTARY
DYSFUNKSHUNAL FAMILEE
CIPHERZONE RECORDS
SEKTION 8 ENT

ESP51.COM RADIO EVERY SUNDAY 6PM TO 8PM HOSTED BY G POSITIVE, PEARL HARBOR & C

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i love this
Jul 25th 2008
RE: i love this
Aug 04th 2008
What up Flash!
Aug 22nd 2008

okpdan
Member since Aug 12th 2003
2452 posts
Fri Jul-25-08 04:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i love this"
In response to Reply # 0

Crazy Dj Bazarro
Member since Jan 05th 2004
346 posts
Mon Aug-04-08 04:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "RE: i love this"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks ..more to come

myspace.com/djbazarro
myspace.com/dysfunkshunalfamilee

JEAN GRAE CAMP 2008
BEATMINERZ DJ'S
TRAVIS WILLIAMS
DOLLAMENTARY
DYSFUNKSHUNAL FAMILEE
CIPHERZONE RECORDS
SEKTION 8 ENT

ESP51.COM RADIO EVERY SUNDAY 6PM TO 8PM HOSTED BY G POSITIVE, PEARL HARBOR & C

Nicolay
Charter member
9608 posts
Fri Aug-22-08 03:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "What up Flash!"
In response to Reply # 0

Nicolay

http://www.nicolaymusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/nicolay
http://www.last.fm/music/Nicolay

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #177074 Previous topic | Next topic