Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music R.I.P. J DILLA (1974 - 2006) topic #971

Subject: "OKP Films: Be part of J.Dilla "The Shining" DVD ! ! ! !" Previous topic | Next topic
BKyle
Charter member
2923 posts
Wed Mar-15-06 10:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"OKP Films: Be part of J.Dilla "The Shining" DVD ! ! ! !"

okayplayer films and BBE Music are in the lab!!!

J.Dilla's album "The Shining" (on BBE Records) will have companion DVD which celebrates the life and legacy of James "J.Dilla" Yancey. With the honor of acting as producer and directer, B.Kyle of okayplayer.com is using the DVD to "... celebrate Dilla's life and legacy... for his legacy itself is a contribution to our lives".

It's a blessing for us that J.Dilla will have "The Shining" CD to stand as a testament of his musical gift. With that in mind, B.Kyle intends for the DVD to be the platform for J.Dilla's fans and supporters to 'shine' their talents as they utilize their gifts to celebrate and honor the life of J.Dilla by submitting artwork in his likeness. B.Kyle adds, "I feel that Jay would be honored to offer a stage where artists of other art forms have a chance to shine while participating in a dedication to him".

1. Submissions for "Dillustrations" (like 'illustrations' but honoring Dilla): Get started if you haven't already... Paintings, drawings, sketches, ink blots... whatever it is, send a good quality photo (in JPG format) to theshining@bbemusic.com. Provide your name, website, (so viewers will know how to contact you after they are impressed). Also, send a 75-120 word comment about the piece, the inspiration, your approach, etc, because Common will do the narrative so viewers will have the option of seeing your work while hearing his voice read what you wrote.) DEADLINE is April 11th!

2. Submissions for "Dillified": This section will feature everyday items that have been "customized" to feature the image and likeness of the late J.Dilla. Unique items such as backpacks, sneakers, messenger bags, lunch boxes, Timbs, and other items are just some ideas of what can be the canvas of a creative wonderland. Average will be side-lined... t-shirts are too easy... Get "DILLIFIED" and push the envelope of creativity!!! email a good photo (JPG format) to theshining@bbemusic.com In the email, provide any information you wish if you want viewers to be able to contact you. DEADLINE April 11th !

3. Submissions for "Dilla TV" : Turn the video cameras on yourself and share your thoughts on J.Dilla, his life, his legacy, and what you feel his impact on music and hip hop culture is. When did you 1st learn of or hear J.Dilla, and share with us any story you have. Let the world know how you feel. Do it for J.Dilla! Send your video tape (in miniDV format only) to okayplayer c/o Dilla Tribute DVD 417 N.8th st. suite 503 Phila., Pa 19123. (NTSC only. no PAL)

4. Fan Photo Gallery!!! For those who have had the opportunity to meet or connect with J.Dilla on tour, at shows, in the street... this is a way to have that time be shared with others as we celebrate his legacy and life in music. It's the candid 'non-press photo' moments like that which are times that not everyone can experience. It's in the hands of the fans, so let's share what we can by emailing a copy of the photo(s) to theshining@bbemusic.com. Your name, photo location, and approx date would be a plus. Be part of celebration as we help J.Dilla 'shine'.

Let's get started and do it for Dilla!

Get connected: http://www.myspace.com/61557303

Spread the word: http://blog.myspace.com/61557303

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
deadline for submission?
Mar 15th 2006
awesome
Mar 15th 2006
Man, this is so great...
Mar 15th 2006
Dope! Only problem is...
Mar 15th 2006
Awweeee Man...
Mar 15th 2006
Question...
Mar 26th 2006
RE: OKP Films: Be part of J.Dilla "The Shining" DVD ! ! ! !
Mar 27th 2006
bump bump people
Apr 10th 2006
RE: bump bump people
Apr 10th 2006
Apr 11th 2006
sent
Apr 12th 2006
Apr 17th 2006

dafriquan
Charter member
24695 posts
Wed Mar-15-06 11:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "deadline for submission?"
In response to Reply # 0

RIP JDILLA
THE ILLEST THAT EVER DID IT

araQual
Charter member
42162 posts
Wed Mar-15-06 12:05 PM

2. "awesome"
In response to Reply # 0

V.

---
http://confessionsofacurlymind.com
https://soundcloud.com/confessionsofacurlymindredux
https://soundcloud.com/generic80sbadguy
https://soundcloud.com/miles_matheson

DROkayplayerâ„¢

Afrolingo
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
271 posts
Wed Mar-15-06 05:08 PM

3. "Man, this is so great..."
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks for offering this to us!!!!!!!!!!
Such a good way to get something started in order to share all we know about his music, his life...
Let's contribute.

R.I.P. Jay Dee

Majik43
Member since Mar 17th 2005
6189 posts
Wed Mar-15-06 05:21 PM

4. "Dope! Only problem is..."
In response to Reply # 0

I took photos of the Jaylib gig at Jazz Cafe over a year ago which i never got processed. Now i have a gang of unprocessed film wit no labels. arrrrrrhhhhh!!!!

"Exploited by many, understood by few" - J-Live

BKyle
Charter member
2923 posts
Wed Mar-15-06 11:54 PM

5. "Awweeee Man..."
In response to Reply # 4

...u slippin'.

*looks to you with head tilted to the side*... Dawg!?!

lol....

B.Kyle

Afrolingo
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
271 posts
Sun Mar-26-06 04:10 PM

6. "Question..."
In response to Reply # 0

Is it possible to send DVD's with AVI video ??? Because out here in Europe I'm not sure if them mini DV's are PAl or NTSC. I've checked the tapes but there are no hints to whether they're pal or whatever...
Please let me know...

R.I.P. Jay Dee

eyekon the python
Member since Mar 16th 2004
929 posts
Mon Mar-27-06 01:40 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "RE: OKP Films: Be part of J.Dilla "The Shining" DVD ! ! ! !"
In response to Reply # 0

Thank God this got reupped. I couldn't find this thread for a minute. I really hope my illustration gets on this DVD. Being apart of anything in Dilla's name would be an honor.

Pkjr703
Member since Jun 30th 2002
987 posts
Mon Apr-10-06 09:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "bump bump people"
In response to Reply # 0

due date is tomorrow.

www.definitivedoodle.com

www.therootslive.com

Walk Wit Me85
Member since Sep 08th 2005
5456 posts
Mon Apr-10-06 01:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "RE: bump bump people"
In response to Reply # 8

I emailed theshining@ bbemusic.com my stuff

did yal receive it??

http://www.myspace.com/theyounggarvey
"Paint a picture of the Ghetto like JJ"- Common

eyekon the python
Member since Mar 16th 2004
929 posts
Tue Apr-11-06 12:04 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "RE: OKP Films: Be part of J.Dilla "The Shining" DVD ! ! ! !"
In response to Reply # 0

Yo, when do we hear if our peice made it?

Pkjr703
Member since Jun 30th 2002
987 posts
Wed Apr-12-06 07:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "sent"
In response to Reply # 0

rip dilla.

www.definitivedoodle.com

www.therootslive.com

OkayPlayerChic
Charter member
633 posts
Mon Apr-17-06 08:06 AM

12. "RE: OKP Films: Be part of J.Dilla "The Shining" DVD ! ! ! !"
In response to Reply # 0

will the deadline be extended?

Lobby Make The Music R.I.P. J DILLA (1974 - 2006) topic #971 Previous topic | Next topic