Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music R.I.P. J DILLA (1974 - 2006) topic #2431

Subject: "Late Pass: Those unreleased Dilla instrumentals" Previous topic | Next topic
Arkitech
Charter member
7082 posts
Sun Feb-26-06 01:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Late Pass: Those unreleased Dilla instrumentals"
Sun Feb-26-06 01:54 PM by Arkitech

I finally got my grubby hands on those unreleased instrumental albums, it's amazing stuff. I'm surprised none of these tracks have appeared on someone's album, it's really top notched material.

Some highlights:

the track where Dilla flips the Jackson 5 Dancing Machine joint, damn he kills this joint - http://rapidshare.de/files/14205295/19_-_jay_dee_-_track_19.mp3.html

Dilla's Dollar Circulate joint, he's neck and neck with 9th on this one (9th's version is damn good) - http://rapidshare.de/files/14205105/18_-_jay_dee_-_track_18.mp3.html

the track where it starts with an old sample "if I'm out in the rain", this joint is nasty - http://rapidshare.de/files/14204889/13-jay_dee-unreleased_beat_13-c4.mp3.html

this is probably my favorite out of all the instrumental albums, dilla samples some cat singing "can't you see" then adds those ill strings and bass. sickness - http://rapidshare.de/files/14204984/09-jay_dee-unreleased_beat_9-c4.mp3.html

not sure what song he sampled this from but its different from his other tracks, still hot though - http://rapidshare.de/files/14205548/25-jay_dee-unreleased_beat_25-c4.mp3.html

hopefully its not against the rules to post a couple of tracks, there more like snippets

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Late Pass: Those unreleased Dilla instrumentals
Feb 26th 2006
Feb 26th 2006
and Steve Spacek released the track "Dollar"
Mar 03rd 2006
many thanks
Mar 03rd 2006
Mar 03rd 2006

Afrolingo
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
271 posts
Sun Feb-26-06 03:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Late Pass: Those unreleased Dilla instrumentals"
In response to Reply # 0

Are they titled, besides "Instrumental - LP's"???
I wonder what year they came out.
Hope you can elaborate on it a little.

R.I.P. Jay Dee

kalo
Charter member
118 posts
Sun Feb-26-06 04:06 PM

2. "RE: Late Pass: Those unreleased Dilla instrumentals"
In response to Reply # 0

q-tip did a track over that dancing machine joint: Move.

INKtheZionCrewRep
Member since Jun 27th 2002
14916 posts
Fri Mar-03-06 04:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "and Steve Spacek released the track "Dollar""
In response to Reply # 2

using the "Let the dollar circulay-lay-lay-lay-lay-lay-late" beat

and "Can't You See" is going to be on Jay Love Japan

Kenny Fresh
www.Bling47.com

(by the way, my screenname's lame.)

kelvinmercerlookalike
Member since Jan 08th 2006
6025 posts
Fri Mar-03-06 01:06 PM

3. "many thanks"
In response to Reply # 0

every time I hear something I haven't heard from Jay Dee before, I become in awe of how much talent and soul this man possessed. I will be rockin' his music forever.

one love James Yancey

dgardfrey
Member since Feb 13th 2006
6636 posts
Fri Mar-03-06 08:04 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "RE: Late Pass: Those unreleased Dilla instrumentals"
In response to Reply # 0

>"this is probably my favorite out of all the instrumental albums, dilla samples some cat singing "can't you see" then adds those ill strings and bass. sickness"\

yeah, this on is ill. Wajeed had this on his myspace.

damn, that Unreleased 25 is crazy too. how was that shit NOT released?

"yeah! turn it up, baby! uh!"

___

Lobby Make The Music R.I.P. J DILLA (1974 - 2006) topic #2431 Previous topic | Next topic