Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #7625

Subject: "How To Sample Using Your Zones" Previous topic | Next topic
F O C U S
Charter member
1123 posts
Thu Jun-08-06 06:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How To Sample Using Your Zones"

I posted this once before in The Lesson, but I couldn't find the post so I am reposting this question here now that we have a producer forum.

You can chop a sample into 1 - 16 different zones at once using this method on the 2000xl for sure(see below), and possibly other models, but these exact steps dont work for the 2000. Does any one know if there is a way you can do this on the 2000? This seems like a huge time saver that would do away with having to resample and editing or copying and editing one sound I would like to use different parts of.

http://www.akaimpc.com/tips.html

1.First sample something,then go to shift trim and edit your sample.Then decide how many samples you want to make out of this sample(1-16)

2.Now hit zone in your trim screen.On the right side you will see zone and a number.

3.Open the window on the number and set it to how many zones/samples you want to create.

4.Now on the top right turn xplay to zone.Now when you hit f-6 is will play the part you are editing.

5.Edit your start and end points for all of your zones.When you are ready to chop hit edit in your trim screen and go to slice sound.Create new program no.

6.Now all you have to do is assign the samples you created in your program screen.

It’s a form of meditation. It puts me in that consciousness state where I need to be. Because it’s an evil world out there, a very evil world. You gotta get past all that shit. Music keeps your soul good (C) Oh No

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
2000 doesn't have the same software
Jun 08th 2006
Thanks Block
Jun 08th 2006

buildingblock
Charter member
100000 posts
Thu Jun-08-06 08:13 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "2000 doesn't have the same software"
In response to Reply # 0

you got to do it manually on it
the zone is a recycle based software started with the 2000xl

...a child is born with no state of mind, blind to the ways of mankind, god is smilin' on you and frownin' too, because only god knows what you gonna do...©melle mel

F O C U S
Charter member
1123 posts
Thu Jun-08-06 08:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Thanks Block"
In response to Reply # 1

That would explain why zone doesn't appear when I try to walk myself thru these steps.

It’s a form of meditation. It puts me in that consciousness state where I need to be. Because it’s an evil world out there, a very evil world. You gotta get past all that shit. Music keeps your soul good (C) Oh No

Lobby Make The Music topic #7625 Previous topic | Next topic