Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #7208

Subject: "ipod radio transmitters, are they any good?" Previous topic | Next topic
all stah
Member since Sep 03rd 2005
23470 posts
Sun Jun-04-06 08:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"ipod radio transmitters, are they any good?"

In order to hook up my ipod to my car, I have to get a receiver with audio imputs, or get an ipod adpater ( so I can control the music menu from the dashboard) and a receiver with audio imputs.

Right now, I have a nice receiver( just no audio imputs)and i got some kick ass 6 3/4 pioneer speakers in the back, so the sound is cool. However, I just don't have time to put in a new receiver and run cables to the trunk of my car for the adapter.So I'm thinking about getting a transmitter instead, but I heard that they suck... And the only way you will be able to pick up a station is if you live in the country or some rural area where there are not a lot of radio stations. I live in BK, NY, so I might not get shyt...Is it worth it?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i live in NJ, and i had an iTrip
Jun 05th 2006
RE: ipod radio transmitters, are they any good?
Jun 05th 2006
the one I got is crap
Jun 06th 2006
beware of distortion for higher frequencies in your music/sound
Jun 06th 2006
Jun 06th 2006
Jun 07th 2006
My advice:
Jun 07th 2006
^^^this is the way you want to go n/m
Jun 07th 2006

ak618
Member since Feb 06th 2006
592 posts
Mon Jun-05-06 04:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i live in NJ, and i had an iTrip"
In response to Reply # 0

and that motherfucker sucked. it works the first 2 or 3 times but get worse and worse and is just a pain in the ass.

if you have a cassette deck then get the cassette adapter, i heard it works suprisingly well, but the audio quality prolly ain't that good

musaee
Member since Nov 30th 2002
1182 posts
Mon Jun-05-06 10:25 PM

2. "RE: ipod radio transmitters, are they any good?"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jun-05-06 10:26 PM by musaee

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=1077

check out these folks...i copped a usa spec model

the transmitters suck...quality is terrible

www.musa.bandcamp.com

Cheo
Member since Oct 03rd 2003
1714 posts
Tue Jun-06-06 01:35 PM

3. "the one I got is crap"
In response to Reply # 0

:::::

Allah
Charter member
47756 posts
Tue Jun-06-06 05:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "beware of distortion for higher frequencies in your music/sound"
In response to Reply # 0

that is, if you get a cheap transmitter..........

http://www.facebook.com/divineruler
__gigs__
__stuff__

LANSTARR
Member since Jan 04th 2003
418 posts
Tue Jun-06-06 05:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "RE: ipod radio transmitters, are they any good?"
In response to Reply # 0

I had the iGriffin. It is bull shit. Do not waist your time and money with it. Get a dedicated ipod dock or a audio in.

(((BEATS BY LANSTARR)))

www.lanstarr.com
www.dirtybathwater.com
www.myspace.com/lanstarr

marsmunny
Charter member
1127 posts
Wed Jun-07-06 12:34 PM

6. "RE: ipod radio transmitters, are they any good?"
In response to Reply # 0

the best for the money is the DLO TransPod. it fits all generations, has 5 or 6 presets and can be set to any individual frequency by the user. it usually runs $89 (mine came with a $30 mail-in rebate) and serves as a charger dock at the same time. So, for G3 or later iPods and Nanos, TransPod will not only broadcast on an FM frequency but charge your device at the same time.
Added bonus, if you get unhappy with the sound quality (or upgrade your head unit in the future) there is an audio out on so you can plug into an input and not sacrifice the usefulness of the dock.

Well worth the money, I recommend it.

enough of my sales pitch, see for youself.
http://www.dlo.com/products/TP_black_Prod.tpl?command=showpage&cart=1149699867109259

auragin_boi
Member since Aug 01st 2003
20939 posts
Wed Jun-07-06 03:19 PM

7. "My advice:"
In response to Reply # 0

I just bought a new apline stereo for the car because it does two things:

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=CDE-9852
(the price says $200 but I got mine from best buy 2 months ago for $179)

Plays mp3 cd's and controls my ipod...cd quality (as to whatever format you have on the I-pod...so Wav sounds better than mp3, etc)

The Stereo is $179, the adapter cable that runs to the I-pod is $30.

If you want a remote that's another $30 bucks...but it's fucking worth it. The adapter cable charges the I-pod too.

You can control the i-pod through the stereo (id tags show up and everything).

Transmitters are bullshit and will become obsolete in the next two years...don't waste your money. New cars will start to come standard with i-pod connectivity. And most of the new car stereos are going to be adaptable too.

If you don't wanna blow the dough, see if your current stereo has an auxilary in. If so, just buy a car charger for the i-pod and an auxilary wire to run into the back. though you won't have remote control and will have to manually change selections, the sound quality will be high (cd quality).

Doc Maestro
Member since May 12th 2005
10391 posts
Wed Jun-07-06 10:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "^^^this is the way you want to go n/m"
In response to Reply # 7

sheeeeit

Lobby Make The Music topic #7208 Previous topic | Next topic