Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #6316

Subject: "protools vs logic vc cubase vs nuendo vs other" Previous topic | Next topic
buildingblock
Charter member
100000 posts
Fri May-26-06 03:33 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"protools vs logic vc cubase vs nuendo vs other"

what daw host program do you like to use?
what do you feel the benefits of it are, besides some bein' industry standards?
pros? cons?

...a child is born with no state of mind, blind to the ways of mankind, god is smilin' on you and frownin' too, because only god knows what you gonna do...©melle mel

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I use Nuendo3 (formerly a Pro Tools HD user)
May 26th 2006
RE: I use Nuendo3 (formerly a Pro Tools HD user)
May 27th 2006
      YES....
May 27th 2006
Still learning Cubase
May 26th 2006
RE: protools vs logic vc cubase vs nuendo vs other
May 26th 2006
May 26th 2006
I've been extremely pleased
May 27th 2006
May 27th 2006
Nuendo price is INSANE!
May 27th 2006
      RE: Nuendo price is INSANE!
May 27th 2006
           Sustained!
May 28th 2006
nuendo and cubase
May 28th 2006
RE: nuendo and cubase
May 28th 2006

con one
Member since Mar 23rd 2005
582 posts
Fri May-26-06 04:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I use Nuendo3 (formerly a Pro Tools HD user)"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri May-26-06 04:16 PM by con one

I switched to Nuendo from Pro Tools HD almost 2 years ago now. The reason was simply sound. The software itself processes audio much better than PT, with a lot more headroom AND an unlimited track count. It's also way more compatable with different interfaces, other platforms, etc...
I do still have a Pro Tools rig simply beause it IS still widely used, and i often have to convert sessions (can't depend on other studios, especially smaller project rooms, having digi translator.)

::con?one::
www.conone.net
www.myspace.com/conone

Cold Pizza
Member since May 08th 2005
21 posts
Sat May-27-06 09:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "RE: I use Nuendo3 (formerly a Pro Tools HD user)"
In response to Reply # 1

Is there any possible way to get Nuendo for a LOT cheaper than $2,000. No matter what site I search it, it's almost impossible to get this software with my income.

con one
582 posts
Sat May-27-06 09:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "YES...."
In response to Reply # 7

well, no, but just get cubase sx3. it's the exact same audio engine as well as most other features. between you, me and the entire interwebet, steinberg writes the program as nuendo on a lynux platform and then removes features for the lower end software (sx, sl, se, etc...).
so, if you don't need to do dts encoding or a 10.2 mix anythime soon, grab sx

www.conone.net
www.myspace.com/conone

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23882 posts
Fri May-26-06 04:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Still learning Cubase"
In response to Reply # 0

I will be checkin through for the pros and cons of it though.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

LANSTARR
Member since Jan 04th 2003
418 posts
Fri May-26-06 07:36 PM

3. "RE: protools vs logic vc cubase vs nuendo vs other"
In response to Reply # 0

I use Cubase SL 1.0, haven't gotten around to upgrading yet. But two of my peoples uses Nuendo, I forget which version. It's basically what Im use to, so I stick with it. Digi performer or Logic may or may not be better, but I've used cubase since vst 5 I think it was, so I just stuck with it. I also used Cakewalk pa8 way back in the day cuz one of my other boys used it, but I didn't like it much.

(((BEATS BY LANSTARR)))

www.lanstarr.com
www.dirtybathwater.com
www.myspace.com/lanstarr

thegovernment
Member since Dec 03rd 2005
17 posts
Fri May-26-06 08:17 PM

4. "RE: protools vs logic vc cubase vs nuendo vs other"
In response to Reply # 0

unlimited tracks is a pretty good reason to switch from pro tools in and of itself. the track count with pro tools frustrates the hell out of me, but it is so much the industry standard and its learning curve was smaller back in the day when i was learning. pro tools is good for editing and mixing, but programs like logic seem better for creating since they have so many integrated sounds, etc. and if i had to pay for all my plug-ins, i would choose another program in a heartbeat. without dope plug-ins, you better have some gear or you really only got a recorder.

www.myspace.com/governmentbeats
www.myspace.com/rapbrown

Strategist
Member since Dec 16th 2002
400 posts
Sat May-27-06 01:20 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "I've been extremely pleased"
In response to Reply # 4

with logic's plug-ins and integrated sounds thus far

---------------------------------------
http://www.myspace.com/strategistmusic
http://www.myspace.com/ecreditmusic

kayru99
Member since Jan 26th 2004
16105 posts
Sat May-27-06 07:33 AM

6. "RE: protools vs logic vc cubase vs nuendo vs other"
In response to Reply # 0

ableton live and nuendo

nuendo shits all over protools as far as flexibility goes, and ableton is the best joint for music creation i've ever used.

Cold Pizza
Member since May 08th 2005
21 posts
Sat May-27-06 09:47 AM

9. "Nuendo price is INSANE!"
In response to Reply # 6

But I have used it before when living in ATL, and the sound it gives my voice is crazy! Is there any possible way to get Nuendo for a LOT cheaper than $2,000. No matter what site I search, it's almost impossible to get this software with my income.

con one
582 posts
Sat May-27-06 10:09 AM

10. "RE: Nuendo price is INSANE!"
In response to Reply # 9

get cubase sx3. it's the exact same audio engine as well as most other features. between you, me and the entire interwebet, steinberg writes the program as nuendo on a lynux platform and then removes features for the lower end software (sx, sl, se, etc...). the only reason they kept the cubase name after they made nuendo was marketablility. they're actually all versions of nuendo.
so, if you don't need to do dts encoding or a 10.2 mix anythime soon, grab sx

www.conone.net
www.myspace.com/conone

FoundationIV
Charter member
1512 posts
Sun May-28-06 04:43 PM

11. "Sustained!"
In response to Reply # 10

I've used Cubase since VST 5 and it's always been great to work with. A few years ago I went out and bought an MBox when they dropped (It's for sale now if anyone is interested - INBOX) so that I could use ProTools and be "up with the industry standard", STRIKE! Not a good look. Quickly switched back to Cubase SX and was SO pleased with the power and ease of use - THE SOUND - and the disk management (PLEASE, ProTools is a HOG). Moved up thru SX2 and then Nuendo 3. And like everyone else says, There is very little difference between Nuendo and Cubase, they do essentially the same stuff but Nuendo handles more media types, more channels, and you can basically run an entire studio with it including booths and servers.

Now, personally - I don't have booths and servers so I don't run Nuendo, but I keep it close for when I need to do surround mixes and putting audio to video clips/DVDs. Otherwise, my everyday - all around tool for production is Cubase SX3.

Don't let me get started on WaveLab. I could not live without that application. Oh yeah, and Hypersonic, too.

B Side
Member since Mar 12th 2003
1545 posts
Sun May-28-06 05:50 PM

12. "nuendo and cubase"
In response to Reply # 0

do they basically do the same things?

is it redundant to have both.

i went to the steinberg website, i can't quite tell

con one
582 posts
Sun May-28-06 10:28 PM

13. "RE: nuendo and cubase"
In response to Reply # 12

pretty much. cubase sx is essentially a light version to nuendo (think pro tools le vs. pro tools hd).
SX is a really powerful program with ALMOST every feature Nuendo had to offer.
To answer your question, yeah, it's redundant to have both, if you have N3, you don't need SX.
if you have any specific questions regarding Nuendo, compatibility, etc, feel free to email me,
c

www.conone.net
www.myspace.com/conone

Lobby Make The Music topic #6316 Previous topic | Next topic